Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Surefire E2L AA

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Surefire E2L AA
on: January 22, 2010, 04:24:38 AM
Surefire has shown a proto at Shot of a rendition of the E2L that uses AA's . I'm not sure if mods are cool with a link to CPF . IIRC the ratings were 5 and 80 Lumens . The runtime on low was insane . I'll prolly end up with one .

I know Surefire has a rep for vapour wear that never see's production , I hope this one makes it .

There is also a single cell version of the Scout light ( one of the better weapons lites in the bussines) . For those not up on weapons lights , the scout light is a rail mounted weapons light that can be used off gun as an EDC light .

Chris
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 04:28:00 AM by Styerman »

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Re: Surefire E2L AA
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 04:32:32 AM
AA SureFire about time, count me in  :cheers:

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 05:47:40 AM
Link please!
- Terry

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 06:27:07 AM
"

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 07:32:31 AM
That does look useful :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 03:49:09 PM
Sorry about no linky , didn't wan't to pi$$ of the Mods. I want one fo sure .

Chris

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 07:36:06 PM
No prob Chris.

The thing sure does look looong, doesn't it?
- Terry

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 08:15:37 PM
I'm liking the length , good for retention with a working light . My one bitch with single cell EDC lites is that they can be a son of a pup to hold onto when working ( cold hands , gloves , etc.) .

Chris

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 09:52:54 PM
I'm liking the length , good for retention with a working light . My one bitch with single cell EDC lites is that they can be a son of a pup to hold onto when working ( cold hands , gloves , etc.) .

Chris

I second that complaint, and add a new complaint of my own... err, make that two, apparently (and yes, the E2L AA looks nice):  most of these lights are too skinny, personally; I want a good quality light that has just a bit more diameter to it so I can have a larger head so I can have more flood.  My L2D CE is much more of a thrower than a flooder, for example.  Even if I were to get an L1D tube for my L2D and belt carry it, in my opinion, it'd be too narrow for my liking.  The Surefire E2L that's on it's way to John is a bit too large in diameter, however... if my memory is correct... so I suppose I just am difficult to please.  :think:

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 10:53:16 PM

I second that complaint, and add a new complaint of my own... err, make that two, apparently (and yes, the E2L AA looks nice):  most of these lights are too skinny, personally; I want a good quality light that has just a bit more diameter to it so I can have a larger head so I can have more flood.  My L2D CE is much more of a thrower than a flooder, for example.  Even if I were to get an L1D tube for my L2D and belt carry it, in my opinion, it'd be too narrow for my liking.  The Surefire E2L that's on it's way to John is a bit too large in diameter, however... if my memory is correct... so I suppose I just am difficult to please.  :think:

Diffuser film, I put it on my around house light (minimag) and it's perfect for close to mid range lighting.

The diameter of 123a light feels perfect to me, AA is a bit slim, especially those chinese lights with really thin walls (plus most AA doesn't work in cold).

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 10:53:45 PM
so I suppose I just am difficult to please.  :think:
Very  :D

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 10:55:18 PM
That is cool, but I still don't understand why nobody likes CR123's?  :think:
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 11:05:48 PM

I don't /not/ like CR123's, it's just that I'd rather not have to make an investment in a charge meter should I end up with a multi-CR123 light at the moment. ^^;  The fact the batteries can be purchased in bulk for about $1.25 each with free shipping doesn't bother me... the fact that it'd be another ~$50 or so for the meter, and having to insure the batteries are of the same charge, does. ^^;

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 11:06:11 PM
Hard to find especially overseas, chances are you'll run into AA and AAA bats in an emergency.

Expense - some stores sell them at $10 a piece :o I brought a 36 pack of AA for $14 in home depot last week.

As a dedicated weapon or tactical light for a soldier or leo cr123 light would be the best choice if batteries can be found easily and at an affordable price.

:cheers:

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 11:07:09 PM
Hard to find especially overseas, chances are you'll run into AA and AAA bats in an emergency.

Expense - some stores sell them at $10 a piece :o I brought a 36 pack of AA for $14 in home depot last week.

As a dedicated weapon or tactical light for a soldier or leo cr123 light would be the best choice if batteries can be found easily and at an affordable price.

:cheers:

That makes sense, thanks!   :cheers:

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 11:19:05 PM

Chris

Agreed.  I wouldn't compare it to single-cell EDCs though.  I was thinking it looked long for a 2xAA.  However, I know that's the nature of how Surefire builds their lights.  Even the single-cell CR123 Surefires are fairly long compared to others.
- Terry

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 12:15:33 AM
Most people go without a meter and 123a works just fine (I don't have one). As long as you don't go mix new and used cells the chance of something bad happen is probably less than getting into an car accident.

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 04:02:16 PM
Personally , I prefer CR123's , in North Am if you buy by the dozen or larger quantities the run round about $2.00/cell . Good primary AA's and AAA are not too much cheaper . Now if you get into rechargables like Eneloops - different ball game . They would make the AA Surefire well worth owning .

If you spend a lot of time in the third world ( places like the UK >:D) it would also make sence .

Chris

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 05:29:40 PM
Still problem of cold thou, primary 123a is the only thing that hasn't died on me in -20.

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 05:31:34 PM
Still problem of cold thou, primary 123a is the only thing that hasn't died on me in -20.

Ditto ! :salute:

Chris

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 08:17:43 PM

If you spend a lot of time in the third world ( places like the UK >:D) it would also make sence .

Chris

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 05:25:18 AM

It's a good thing you have CR123 as an option.  I'll never see temps where Eneloops or Li-Ions aren't an option where I live, therefore I can't really justify the price of CR123 primaries.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 05:31:59 AM by NutSAK »
- Terry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69