Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sometyhing a little different

WH867 · 18 · 3470

us Offline WH867

• No Life Club
Sometyhing a little different
on: January 23, 2010, 07:58:11 AM
I have'nt seen this before.
Dennis

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Sometyhing a little different
Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 08:00:38 AM
Interesting- I know nothing about it, but I have Bob working on it!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 08:04:02 AM
Mush Bob, mush! :tu:
Got those frog legs.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 08:04:58 AM
Bob is saying it isn't a Gerber and the name was probably put there illicitly.  He has some photos of that tool and says he doesn't believe it was ever a Gerber.  I'll send an email off to out contacts at Gerber for verification/action on this auction.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 09:07:08 AM
Wow. I'm suprised they have the audacity to put that GERBER USA logo on the side. Seems like somebody at Gerber might get a little upset with that. :ahhh

If the fact that the seller is shipping out of Hong Kong isn't evidence enough, consider this pic of a tool made by Guangzhou Machinery Company of China: ::)

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 11:00:06 AM
Oops...

Offline Magnus

Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 12:34:18 PM
Reminds me of this, but at least they had the courtesy to change the name a little.  This is just silly.
[

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 12:44:52 PM
Wow. I'm suprised they have the audacity to put that GERBER USA logo on the side. Seems like somebody at Gerber might get a little upset with that. :ahhh

If the fact that the seller is shipping out of Hong Kong isn't evidence enough, consider this pic of a tool made by Guangzhou Machinery Company of China: ::)

(Image removed from quote.)

So Bob what you are saying is that it just might be a gerber. I could have been made in the same plant as most of thier new stuff. ;)
S

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 12:52:13 PM
The first thought I had was "that's no Gerber", and I think Bob's proved it now.

Look at the blades, in fact everything really. All Gerber tools share certain characteristics, and none of them are evident on that thing. It looks nasty.

I used to come here a lot.

Offline Magnus

Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 01:10:39 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

So Bob what you are saying is that it just might be a gerber. I could have been made in the same plant as most of thier new stuff. ;)

They make Irish screwdrivers in China then?  :rofl:
[

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 04:24:14 PM
I'd bet that the "GERBER U.S.A" on the handles is Photoshopped in and not even on the tool they send out.

[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 05:03:06 PM
Its definitely no Gerber. ::) That being said, I'm just curious enough to maybe order one for myself. ;)

(either that or wait until the LEATHERMAN version comes out next week) :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 11:37:34 PM
The first thought I had was "that's no Gerber", and I think Bob's proved it now.

Look at the blades, in fact everything really. All Gerber tools share certain characteristics, and none of them are evident on that thing. It looks nasty.

Yeah I mean were are the stubby screwdrivers :think: :rofl: OK that was mean they have made them a bit longer in some of there newest models :D

Offline trickknife

• Deputy Dog
Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 04:14:55 AM
Its definitely no Gerber. ::) That being said, I'm just curious enough to maybe order one for myself. ;)

I don't think LM makes much in China anymore and they wouldn't be able to make that in the US for a decent price.  Good job on the sleuthing Bob.  I might have to hire you sometime.  You're probably like the best private eye type person on this forum.    :pok:
-

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 07:15:33 AM

I don't think LM makes much in China anymore and they wouldn't be able to make that in the US for a decent price.  Good job on the sleuthing Bob.  I might have to hire you sometime.  You're probably like the best private eye type person on this forum.    :pok:

I dunno about that TK, I'm constantly surprised at some of the stuff thats been going on right underneath my nose. :P :D :D

Offline trickknife

• Deputy Dog
Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 08:05:23 AM

I dunno about that TK, I'm constantly surprised at some of the stuff thats been going on right underneath my nose. :P :D :D
I thought "global moderator" meant you knew EVERYTHING that was going on?
-

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 01:59:15 PM
I dont know what everyone is so cranked up about with the China made Gerber stuff. I mean they did give us the Suspension, and that is a great tool. (sitting on his chair giggling as he types)
S

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD