Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Your best eBay score ever?

J-sews · 20 · 2509

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Your best eBay score ever?
on: June 25, 2007, 03:25:57 AM
I'm still giddy as a schoolgirl about this Victorinox SportRatchet I picked up off from eBay last week! (Link: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,1663.0.html) Delivered brand spanking new including sheath and instructions for a mere $25.00!!! Wahoo!  8)

I guess the cheapskate in me just loves getting a good thing for a ridiculously low price. I've gotten good deals off eBay before, but not this good. Anybody else ever steal anything off eBay? What was your best eBay score ever?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Your best eBay score ever?
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 03:53:17 AM
I got a nice wood handled Wenger Esquire for $3.  Does that count?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 05:48:37 PM
$3.00 !!  :o  Wow, that seems like quite a bargain!

I also seem to recall a Spirit Plus package that someone recently was Woo Hooing about:

(Image removed from quote.)

Woo hoo!  I just got it today--brand new, in the box!!!
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 08:44:22 PM
Does it have to be a multi-tool score?

My best multitool score wasn't my best score ever, my best multitool score was my XLT for 140-150 USD.
[

Offline Sharpdogs

Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 10:49:19 PM
If we are not limited to multi-tools, I got a brand new Buck 110 for $25 shipped.
w

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 01:42:41 AM
Multi wise, it was probably that SOG parts lot for a little over $30...the one set of Power Pliers I can probably sell for $30, and have lots left over!  I really should fax over an order and ask for handles for the extra plier heads..

My best ebay score overall was probably a rare as hell Immolation CD..I think I paid $24 or $28 at the time, now it goes for at least $50..(once or twice $75...crazy!)  An OLD Iced earth demo tape when they were called Purgatory, which actually got pulled from ebay for some reason, but I contacted the seller and got it for about $25...well, all of my scores have been music related O0
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 02:22:07 AM
Any great score is worth celebrating!  :cheers:

Offline supratentorial

Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 04:20:19 AM
I also seem to recall a Spirit Plus package that someone recently was Woo Hooing about:

Lucky (colorful enunciation)!   ;)   From the photo (how I would know otherwise?  ::) ), that sure looks like a SwissTool Plus, not a Spirit Plus!   :pok:   

...I'm not sure if that was my best score but it ranks high.  I've had my share of good luck on Ebay as well as some bad luck.  I've fallen for the old bait 'n switch a couple times.  My favorite was the brand new (read "system pull") computer motherboard that was in good condition (except it had been on fire!).    ;D 

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 04:25:08 AM

Lucky (colorful enunciation)!   ;)   From the photo (how I would know otherwise?  ::) ), that sure looks like a SwissTool Plus, not a Spirit Plus!   :pok:   

Woopsy!  :oops:

Offline supratentorial

Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 04:30:54 AM
At the same time as the auction for the SwissTool, the same seller had a Victorinox Sport Ratchet close at $5 without any bids!  I missed it!   :twak:  Needless to say, I'm keeping an eye on his auctions!

Offline supratentorial

Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 04:36:29 AM

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 04:37:33 AM
I wish I had seen that one!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 04:48:26 AM
Thanks a lot!! Now I feel like the $25 I paid for mine was a rip-off!  :P

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 05:19:17 AM
I'm glad I can't remember what I paid for mine, although I am certain it was no where near that price!

Def

Offline supratentorial

Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 06:36:53 AM
Thanks a lot!! Now I feel like the $25 I paid for mine was a rip-off!  :P

If it's any consolation, I still think you are a lucky (colorful enunciation)!   :P

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 11:46:46 AM
Mine would have to be the Becker Necker i got in February for £27 (~$55), just before the company went out of business, now when and if they appear they go for a whole lot more than that.
Multitool wise it would probably be the Gerber MP600 BO i got for £21, can't even seem to get a MP400 for that price recently.
Roadie
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 09:12:51 PM
So far I think my best score is a Leatherman Crunch for 21$.

I have a laundry list of super-duper deals I've missed (Black oxide Fuse for 7$, SOG Paratool for 11$, PST II for 9$, Supertool for 8$  :cry:). I do get some good deals though, I just sent payment for a 59$ Surge and a 38$ Core.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 01:49:20 AM
I have a laundry list of super-duper deals I've missed (Black oxide Fuse for 7$, SOG Paratool for 11$, PST II for 9$, Supertool for 8$  :cry:). I do get some good deals though, I just sent payment for a 59$ Surge and a 38$ Core.

Whoa! I'd like to get in on some of those single-digit prices! (Maybe I should start following you around and grabbing up all the deals you miss?)  ;)

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 02:09:30 AM

Whoa! I'd like to get in on some of those single-digit prices! (Maybe I should start following you around and grabbing up all the deals you miss?)  ;)

I've found that auctions that end after Midnight, continental U.S. time, usually go for a lot less than auctions ending during the day. I'm usually up pretty late (studying, of course) so I see these deals coming, I just forget to get to a computer to bid on them (studying too many margaritas).

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #19 on: June 27, 2007, 02:25:02 AM
I do know that feeling, all too well. My list of great eBay deals missed is a lot longer than my list of eBay scores.  :(

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%