Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Negl Hugge Wave!

J-sews · 119 · 8288

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Re: Negl Hugge Wave!
Reply #90 on: January 30, 2010, 04:35:32 PM
Call me sick and perverted , but I like them !

Chris

Offline trickknife

• Deputy Dog
Reply #91 on: January 30, 2010, 08:52:48 PM
You're thinking is spot on Dave - both date codes on mine are 0808. :salute:

But why the change? (it would have cost Leatherman thousands of dollars to retool the Wave handle stamping die) My theory: I think the Danish authorities insisted upon it. :police: With the nail nick on the outboard side and the swooped-down contour of the handle, the earlier version could still be opened with one hand simply by using the friction of your thumb against the side of the blade. I bet Leatherman was finally called on this, and was forced to make the changes we see on mine.

The redesigned model can't be opened with one-hand thumb friction, due to the nail nick being on the inboard side, the "high wall" contour of the handle in that area, and especially the extra bevel ground into the blade about where the thumbhole would be on a standard 1HO model.

Soooooo, if my theory is correct, there ought to be "2H" versions of the Surge out there somewhere as well...? :think:

Good sleuthing Bob.  It seems to me that you would be correct on your assumptions.  Looks like you have an inside track to LM.   :salute:
-

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Reply #92 on: January 30, 2010, 09:13:41 PM
Can I ask a silly question Allan?

One Hand Opening multitools are illegal to carry in Denmark. Is this everywhere, not even justified like for work?

My understanding is that in the UK locking blades i.e. Wave, Skeletool, etc are also illegal to carry but I still have them  :).

Is the law stricter with you? Can you not even have a OHO multitool? What could you expect if 'caught' with one?

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #93 on: January 30, 2010, 09:23:11 PM

One Hand Opening multitools are illegal to carry in Denmark. Is this everywhere, not even justified like for work?

My understanding is that in the UK locking blades i.e. Wave, Skeletool, etc are also illegal to carry but I still have them  :).

Is the law stricter with you? Can you not even have a OHO multitool? What could you expect if 'caught' with one?
Not a silly question at all.. We're not even allowed to own a OH in our own home. :-\ If you're 'caught' here with either a locking or OH or a knife that's more
than 7 cm you will get a fine between 600 or 1000 $. In the worst case 7 days in jail... If I forget to let my stanley knife stay at work and goes
to the grocery store, I could get arrested..  :-[  
But hey, we do have the strictest knife laws in the world..  ;)  Ohh, And Leatherman think we're special..  :angel:  :D

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #94 on: January 30, 2010, 09:33:33 PM
I think your "special" as well Allan.

Very "special" :tu:

:P
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Reply #95 on: January 30, 2010, 09:38:01 PM
Not a silly question at all.. We're not even allowed to own a OH in our own home. :-\ If you're 'caught' here with either a locking or OH or a knife that's more
than 7 cm you will get a fine between 600 or 1000 $. In the worst case 7 days in jail... If I forget to let my stanley knife stay at work and goes
But hey, we do have the strictest knife laws in the world..  ;)  Ohh, And Leatherman think we're special..  :angel:  :D
That is pretty severe  :o

Do these Leatherman's not lock? As you say at least Leatherman think you are special enough to produce a modified selection for you :D At that retail price I can understand their reasons  :rant:

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #96 on: January 30, 2010, 10:00:07 PM

Do these Leatherman's not lock? As you say at least Leatherman think you are special enough to produce a modified selection for you :D At that retail price I can understand their reasons  :rant:
The 2HO Leathermans do lock and can be carried with a legit reason. But if we can't justify carrying it the above mentioned will happen... So in a way I am allowed to
use my Wave at work but then I have to drive directly home from work and drop it off before going any place else.. :P That's why I EDC a Sideclip.. :)

Thanks Neil..  :D
 * I think...  :think:*

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #97 on: January 30, 2010, 10:12:59 PM

The 2HO Leathermans do lock and can be carried with a legit reason. But if we can't justify carrying it the above mentioned will happen... So in a way I am allowed to
use my Wave at work but then I have to drive directly home from work and drop it off before going any place else.. :P That's why I EDC a Sideclip.. :)

Thanks Neil..  :D
 * I think...  :think:*

<snigger>  :angel: You're welcome ;)
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

spam Offline glorn

• No Life Club
  • His name is Robert Paulson.
Reply #98 on: January 31, 2010, 02:20:45 AM
Note to self:

No moving to Denmark

G

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #99 on: January 31, 2010, 02:39:39 AM
Note to self:

No moving to Denmark

Yeah, you might end up having 108 reasons to return home. :D

Offline Magnus

Reply #100 on: January 31, 2010, 11:10:00 AM

isn't a stanley knife OHO?  all the ones I have owned you push the blade out with a slide on top of the knife.
[

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #101 on: January 31, 2010, 11:17:08 AM

isn't a stanley knife OHO?  all the ones I have owned you push the blade out with a slide on top of the knife.
Yes, but they're allowed for work.. A poor guy here had two of them in his car, when he was off work, so he did get 7 days in jail.. But the supreme court changed the sentence so he 'only' did get a fine for 600$..  :P

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #102 on: February 03, 2010, 07:52:13 PM
I just mailed Leatherman.DK asking why and when the changes was made on the Danish 2HO MT's.. :)

us Offline stack

Reply #103 on: February 04, 2010, 02:58:21 AM
Are all the tools with nail nicks Danish? I found a charge xti at tjmax with nail nicks. I guess when they discontinued them, tj bought them up. I found mine right befor christmas. :
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:59:54 AM by stack »

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #104 on: February 04, 2010, 04:58:02 AM
Are all the tools with nail nicks Danish? I found a charge xti at tjmax with nail nicks. I guess when they discontinued them, tj bought them up. I found mine right befor christmas. :

Hello? That new information. Can you post a picture of it please Stack? :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #105 on: February 04, 2010, 06:48:48 AM
Darn...I just realized that eventually, I will be hunting these down also. :(

Bah, that's a good thing Chako. Nothing is more satisfying to a collector than finally getting a particular item after searching a long time for it. If there were no hard-to-get tools, you would never get to experience that. :angel:

Or how about tracking down a really hard to find item , like say a Gerber 650 & then getting it  :mail: 15mins latter it breaks ......... like my heart :D :D.
Fecking thing, broken  plier retention clip on one side  >:( >:( >:( it happened as I was installing a Plier head into the handles. The 650 is a modular MT in that it has the ability too change plier heads with a choice of blunt nose , needle nose , cable cutter & fisherman's. I sure hope Gerber can fix up my one.

BTW Bob nice 2H Surge  :o :o. I missed that one (how do you miss something the size of a Surge :o :o :D :D).
I am so surprised there is no 2H Skeletool or Freestyle  :think: :think: :think:. Surly higher market appeal than a Surge & they could probably ask almost as much $ for them   :think: :think: 

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

us Offline stack

Reply #106 on: February 05, 2010, 12:50:54 AM
Hello, These are the only picktures I have right now. I will try to take some better ones of just the one tool. :)  ]  

us Offline stack

Reply #107 on: February 05, 2010, 12:53:37 AM
Thats it on the right       

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #108 on: February 05, 2010, 12:58:10 AM
That's a good find then stack - we all thought they were only sold in Denmark  :-\
I used to come here a lot.

us Offline stack

Reply #109 on: February 05, 2010, 01:09:28 AM
Thanks. I was told they were up there by a friend so I called around and had them hold them. When I went to pick them up,they had two on hold for me, the black handled xti and the nail nick xti. At that time I had never seen one before. Needless to say I had to have both of them. I tried to find others but could not. :cry: :-X

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #110 on: February 05, 2010, 01:13:20 AM
What a result!

I wonder if one got packed in the wrong box or something in Oregon  :think:

The black XTi is a hard thing to find too - congratulations  :cheers:

us Offline stack

Reply #111 on: February 05, 2010, 01:46:05 AM
Thanks, Here are more picks :D                                                                                                                                                                        

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #112 on: February 05, 2010, 01:52:52 AM
All you need ot do now is give them both to me, and job done :tu:

:D

No? Ah well :(

us Offline stack

Reply #113 on: February 05, 2010, 02:16:04 AM
LOL :rofl:

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #114 on: February 05, 2010, 02:42:41 AM
I'll take that as a "maybe" then shall I?

:D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #115 on: February 05, 2010, 03:29:29 AM
(Image removed from quote.)                                           

Outboard nail nicks. :think: That makes it a couple years old then. :-\

And I'm stunned you got it in the U.S. :salute: Must have been a mix up like Dave suggested?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline stack

Reply #116 on: February 05, 2010, 03:44:33 AM
I was stunned that tjmaxx even had them.  :o  they were in blister packs. there was nothing special about the packs. same as always. they also had the two squirts in blister pack in tins. they also had the s1 flashlight. They also had the c301 folder. I bought those also. It was a good day :tu:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 03:47:02 AM by stack »

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #117 on: February 05, 2010, 03:57:49 AM
I was stunned that tjmaxx even had them.  :o  they were in blister packs. there was nothing special about the packs. same as always. they also had the two squirts in blister pack in tins. they also had the s1 flashlight. They also had the c301 folder. I bought those also. It was a good day :tu:

A remarkable day indeed. :salute: :D Dave is right, that black-and-stainless XTi is rare as hen's teeth too. I've only seen one other on this forum.

us Offline stack

Reply #118 on: February 06, 2010, 12:56:35 AM
I thought there was one in the for sale or trade adds not to long ago. I hope to find some more soon.  I keep checking with them. :sak: :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%