Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

V-cut/wire stripper question

Offline daveim21

V-cut/wire stripper question
on: February 05, 2010, 04:33:43 PM
I just got my new Powerlock s60-n :D One of the reasons i bought this tool is that the tool selection can be customized. Only a few minutes after opening the package, i learned an important lesson: the scissors are very hard to reassemble on the tool without any instructional video.
 Anyways, i was wondering if the saw/blade on the right side of the handles could be replaced with the V-cut or wire strippers. I was wondering this because they both seem like very useful tools, and the website says that they have to go on the left-hand side of the handles. Is this true? I thought that i just had to put them on the outside of the tool.
:

us Offline EZ822

Re: V-cut/wire stripper question
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 05:02:24 PM
I just got my new Powerlock s60-n :D One of the reasons i bought this tool is that the tool selection can be customized. Only a few minutes after opening the package, i learned an important lesson: the scissors are very hard to reassemble on the tool without any instructional video.
 Anyways, i was wondering if the saw/blade on the right side of the handles could be replaced with the V-cut or wire strippers. I was wondering this because they both seem like very useful tools, and the website says that they have to go on the left-hand side of the handles. Is this true? I thought that i just had to put them on the outside of the tool.
I'm pretty sure you can put them on any side. I replaced the v-cutter and CE blade with a regular serrated and PE blade. I also re arranged the saw and file without any problems. Just remember that the long blades must be outermost implement. If you put them in the middle the tool will not close properly.
Erick

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: V-cut/wire stripper question
Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 07:07:50 PM
v cutter is thinner than other tools so it has a washer attached to fill space, if you put it on the other side the washer will be between v cutter and handle and the cutter itself will rub against whatever it's next to.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%