Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Polycarbonate Juice Sheaths

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Polycarbonate Juice Sheaths
on: September 29, 2006, 04:20:46 AM
When I first saw a Juice Polycarbonate sheath I wasn't too sure about it. I thought it might be to easy to lose or scratch the Juice you were carring. I've carried my Xe6 with it for a couple of weelks and had no problems. Because the tool locks into place with no button snaps it makes it easy to just grab and pull out.  I picked up a Cs4 the other day and tried it out it locks into place fine but because the Cs4 is a thinner tool than the Xe6 it doesn't seem to rest in the sheath as good. It's not that much of a problem for me because I got my Cs4 for pocket carring duties anyway.
juice_cs4.jpg
* juice_cs4.jpg (Filesize: 41.46 KB)
"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Polycarbonate Juice Sheaths
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 04:47:25 AM

Interesting.
I knew these sheaths were available, but never tried one. What exactly keeps the Juice tool in place?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 05:55:52 AM
You know on the side of you Juice where it says Leatherman Pat Pend?  Well you slide your Juice down into the sheath and two little plastic arms "snap" into those spaces and hold the tool in place.
"

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 02:03:17 AM
I heard these were peces of crap.let us know how well it holds up after a little bit of use
Yabba dabba doo!

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 01:41:48 AM
When I first saw a Juice Polycarbonate sheath I wasn't too sure about it. I thought it might be to easy to lose or scratch the Juice you were carring. I've carried my Xe6 with it for a couple of weelks and had no problems. Because the tool locks into place with no button snaps it makes it easy to just grab and pull out.  I picked up a Cs4 the other day and tried it out it locks into place fine but because the Cs4 is a thinner tool than the Xe6 it doesn't seem to rest in the sheath as good. It's not that much of a problem for me because I got my Cs4 for pocket carring duties anyway.

Prime77 have you or anyone else here tried it with the Juice KF4?  As Fred said I heard they were no good, but I am still interested in trying one out.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 02:14:59 AM
I've been curious about them too.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 07:49:46 AM
I don't have the KF4 :cry: so I can't say how well it fits in the sheath. But because the sheath fits all the Juices it is as thick as the XE6, so when the thinner tools snap into place there is a small space between the tool and the back and front of the sheath.  I don't know the thickness of the KF4, but the CS4 fits just fine.
"

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 12:11:15 PM
I believe that the Kf4 and CS4 are approximately the same thickness...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 01:09:18 PM
Not counting the bulging corkscrew, the Cs4 is only 1mm wider than the Kf4
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 02:06:21 AM
Now posted on the Main Site:

http://multitool.org/content/view/51/67/

Def

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 05:48:39 PM
old topic,but i thought id give it a shot.

so do these sheaths last long or are they the same material as those clear bit holders i had withg my charge once,i held the bit holder in its place,in sheath,and in week it was totally useless since the thin walls between bits were cracked and it didnt hold bits anymore in place.what kind of is the clip those juice plastic sheaths have,is it wide and sturdy?or is that just light use thing for guys in office jobs?

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 08:44:15 PM
I've got one of these with a CS4 once, but it never gets used. The clip is wide and strong, but the plastic feels brittle-like. Hard to say how easy it would be to break. It does hold onto the Juice tool quite securely.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 08:58:45 PM
Yeah, I don't mind carrying a Kf4 sized juice with the polycarbonate sheath.. The XE6 and Pro are far too big to carry with this sheath though..
B

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 09:11:54 PM
but u do think that if i use that plastic one inside some organizer-type pouch,it will remain its place and wont brake immediately.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 09:13:34 PM
It would probably stay in place! I'd recommend buying the leather Juice sheath then.. It wouldn't get scratched or anything as well.
B

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 09:15:06 PM
Yah, the standard clipped leather/elastic sheath for the Juice tools is way better.

Offline Hoghead

Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 04:08:50 AM
Another holster that fits the Juice is the RipOffs holster made for the Surefire E1E. I used one of these RipOffs holsters for a year with the XE6. It has a velcrow flap and a metal belt clip. I can't say enough good things about this holster. I actually carried two of these holsters. I had a ARC LSHP in one and a Juice in the other. Talk about a bat belt.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%