Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The mini tool, why did they stop making it, ?

Zed · 34 · 3728

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: The mini tool, why did they stop making it, ?
Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 04:49:29 AM
could it not be used without the extra grips and more tools added ? or is it to small for grip,

paul

Not really to small to grip but the plier takes up all the room inside the handle :-\ So even without the extensions the number of tools in the handle might only go up by 1 and you would lose the bottle and can opener which I don't use but you would lose the fact that it is a full set of pliers in such a small package ;) It is also rather comfortable to use as pliers with the extensions out as well :tu:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 08:47:16 AM
could it not be used without the extra grips and more tools added ? or is it to small for grip,

paul

Not really to small to grip but the plier takes up all the room inside the handle :-\ So even without the extensions the number of tools in the handle might only go up by 1 and you would lose the bottle and can opener which I don't use but you would lose the fact that it is a full set of pliers in such a small package ;) It is also rather comfortable to use as pliers with the extensions out as well :tu:

so a cool looking little tool, but not much use other than as a pliers  :-\ shame as i love the look of them, so possible future collectors MT ,

paul

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 11:21:49 PM

paul

so a cool looking little tool, but not much use other than as a pliers  :-\ shame as i love the look of them, so possible future collectors MT ,

paul

No it is a great tool as is :cheers: but you wouldn't gain anything by doing away with the extension arms ;) I pair it with a Vic Electrician plus and it's very versatile :tu: I can honestly recommend getting this cool tool to anyone :D

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 10:43:29 AM
It may not be the most practical tool ever, but it's very cool  8)
I used to come here a lot.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD