Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

sogs growing on me.....a little

00 Offline jim guy

• No Life Club
sogs growing on me.....a little
on: February 12, 2010, 09:13:35 PM
Ok so I have changed my veiw on sogs somewhat. I got a replacement for my flash2 that broke on me. I still think its a little flimsey but this one does open FAST, and it hasnt broke yet. I really like the deep pocket clip. As far as the powerlock goes Im starting to like the pliers. There isnt much that they cant cut, to me the seem to be made from a harder steel than LMs. I cut some fish hooks without useing the hard wire notch and didnt damage them at all. I tried the same with a blast and it dented the cutter. The wood saw also cuts faster than the LM. The locks on the sog fall way short of the LMs, I have the older non piano locks. The screw drivers still suck. Other than that I think Im gonna try to trade something for a newer sog with gear covers and piano locks, so if any one has one they want to get rid of let me know. :tu:

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Re: sogs growing on me.....a little
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 11:50:45 AM
I'm feeling a little bit like this myself,  the powerlock seems to me to be a 'beasting' tool.  No finesse but it handles anything that it's equipped to do with a lot of gusto. 

However it doesn't seem as versatile as some other tools I have so I've taken to pairing mine with a loaded SAK to fill in the gaps.
"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Re: sogs growing on me.....a little
Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 03:50:27 PM
The good thing about the drivers sucking is that you can mod your tol to include the 1/4" bit adapter, then carry an extender and bits to your liking ;)

The old Paratool is still one of my favourite legal carry tools for that reason.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21