Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The "watch" thing

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
The "watch" thing
on: July 03, 2007, 02:55:36 PM
Well I have narrowed my vintage collection down to a couple keepers, and got the bug to get a couple new watches that I could wear everyday and not worry about getting them beat up ( aka beaters ). I managed to pick them both up on sale - the Seiko at a local Seiko Company owned outlet store, The Bernhardt was a closeout on line from the manufacturer. Looking for a good buy on watches try " Poor Mans Watch Forum "  at:  www.pmwf.com   the main site is watch talk, click on " SALES FORUMS " for some good buys.

The Seiko Pepsi Kinetic ( SKA299) makes a nice addition to the watches I wear everyday.

#2 is an automatic Bernhardt Watch Globemaster GMT -  note the "orange hour hand" which can be set to keep track of time in a second time zone.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 03:44:15 PM by eodtech »
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: The "watch" thing
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 03:21:07 PM
Very nice... I have a Seiko Orange Monster that I'm pretty fond of, but I tend to stick to SAK watches (two Vics and a Wenger) and Casio G Shocks because they are tough enough to keep up with me!

I break so many watches, it's not funny...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: The "watch" thing
Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 04:02:06 PM
Oh yeah, and I have an old Waltham pocket watch from 1903... but I never carry that, which is why it still works!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%