Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Help me find a picture...

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Help me find a picture...
on: July 06, 2007, 03:55:23 AM
A painting/illustration actually..

I saw it online a while ago but can't remember where...it's a propaganda poster, and I think the background was an American flag, and in the foreground were four people:  On the left it was a muslim Woman holding a baby, and behind Her was a muslim 'soldier', crouched down using Her as a sheild, all covered up hiding his face and holding an AK-47.  On the right was an American soldier holding one arm out protecting an American Woman with a baby, and in his other hand he was holding up a M-16.

And while I'm on the subject...why doesn't the government use propaganda posters anymore?  All of the recruiting posters/pamphlets I see for the Services are about how the Army can help YOU and how YOU will benefit...not how YOU will help America.  Absolutely nothing about who you should be looking for and who you are fighting...
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Help me find a picture...
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 06:47:16 PM
Hmmm...I haven't seen that one before.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 06:58:40 PM
I think propaganda posters are pretty well useless in today's society.  Before the 60's folks had the freedom of speech despite everyone having pretty well the same opinion.  Nowadays opinions are so diverse that I think propaganda posters would work more against the organization that produced them. 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 12:22:00 AM
I also can't help with the picture, but I've got two ideas on why poster like that might not work out too well anymore. For one, there are a whole lot of, I guess I'll just say "hippie influenced", people in power who would probably jump down anyones throat that put up a poster that could idealize war or fighting. The second reason is that the younger (my) generation usually doesn't like anything that could be "preachy". I don't think most young people would even like a poster that preached their own beliefs too directly. Just my .02.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%