Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Moosehead Lager

jock1 · 14 · 1836

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Moosehead Lager
on: April 29, 2008, 08:00:09 PM
Has anyone tried this particular liver wrecker I found it in my local deli and it's great I believe it's Canadian in origin but would like on of you guys to confirm
Cheers to the beer All hail the ale

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Re: Moosehead Lager
Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 08:10:17 PM
I do believe I have had Moosehead but I can't say for certain. I have no idea whether I like it or not. I probably would though. IMHO there's no such thing as bad beer, just different taste preferences.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 08:55:44 PM
Moosehead is great beer, I even have a lighted Moosehead sign above my bar.

A word of warning though, don't buy it unless you can get it from a store that sells quite a bit of it.  This goes for any green-bottled beer.  Beer will oxidize much more quickly in a green bottle (as opposed to a brown one), and it ruins the flavor of the beer, and make it very "skunky" tasting.

Likewise, don't buy beer in clear bottles unless you know it is fresh.  Most people get around this with Corona by putting a lime in it.  Beer should not have to have a lime in it to taste good, IMO.

If you know this already, just ignore me, and allow me to agree with you that Moosehead is an excellent Canadian Lager!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 08:57:25 PM by NutSAK »
- Terry

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 10:18:42 PM
The local Moosehead is in cans so would hopefully last a bit longer I intend gettin a lot more of it for my weekend off

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 10:23:22 PM
A word of warning though, don't buy it unless you can get it from a store that sells quite a bit of it.  This goes for any green-bottled beer.  Beer will oxidize much more quickly in a green bottle (as opposed to a brown one), and it ruins the flavor of the beer, and make it very "skunky" tasting.
That could explain why I don't like beer in green bottles. I thought it was just a mental block. Yay!!!! I'm not crazy!!!!
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 10:25:34 PM
The local Moosehead is in cans so would hopefully last a bit longer I intend gettin a lot more of it for my weekend off

Great!  I wish I could find Moosehead in cans.
- Terry

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 10:34:07 PM

Great!  I wish I could find Moosehead in cans.
If all else fails pm with your details and I will ship it out to you

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 10:42:03 PM
I cant stomach beer. For some reason I just never got into it and rarely drink the stuff. However I do have the occasional Jack on the rocks. In fact I will go make me one now.
S

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 11:07:42 PM
That could explain why I don't like beer in green bottles. I thought it was just a mental block. Yay!!!! I'm not crazy!!!!

That might have something to do with it.  I don't imagine it's any easier getting fresh green-bottle beer in your area of Missouri than in mine.
- Terry

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 11:29:08 PM
Moosehead is made here in Halifax- in fact, the local hockey team is the Halifax Mooseheads.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 11:30:36 PM
Cool.  At least that gives me one reason to visit Halifax.  :D
- Terry

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 11:31:55 PM
I wish I played hockey in high school.. But, then again I did: football, wrestling, and baseball!
B

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 05:21:12 AM
That might have something to do with it.  I don't imagine it's any easier getting fresh green-bottle beer in your area of Missouri than in mine.
Yeah, sometimes living in rural areas and small towns has its disadvantages too. But that's OK, I can always find Boulevard beer. Their wheat beer is great.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 01:01:41 PM
Yeah, sometimes living in rural areas and small towns has its disadvantages too. But that's OK, I can always find Boulevard beer. Their wheat beer is great.

Agreed.  I just had a tall glass of Boulevard at Buffalo Wild Wings last night.
- Terry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD