Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I just got my Swiss Card

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
I just got my Swiss Card
on: February 28, 2010, 11:22:24 AM
Last December when I went to Manila I bought a 125th Anniversary Edition Climber. There was a raffle promo that
time and the raffle draw was done just recently. I was one of the winners of minor prizes of 20 pieces SwissCard.

Gene (Teofilo) claimed it upon my request. I just received it from Gene.

I love this Swiss Card, it is ideal for travel.

Thank you very much, Gene.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: I just got my Swiss Card
Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 11:37:18 AM
Very nice mate, I keep meaning to pick up a Swiss Card at some point but other stuff gets in the way. :-\
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 01:04:36 PM
They are pretty useful.  I had two at one point.  I've lost most of the pieces from both though.

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 02:19:12 PM
I had one, gave it to my little brother a while back. They are very cool and handy, I just never used mine much since I always had a multi or SAK on me with the same functions any way.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 03:22:19 PM
I have a few for the collection. I find them a bit thick to put in a wallet myself. However, they are feature packed for the form factor.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 11:02:26 PM
I didn't mind it being thick in my wallet, but it did have an annoying habit of trying to fall out all the time.

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 11:16:55 PM
Very nice mate, I keep meaning to pick up a Swiss Card at some point but other stuff gets in the way. :-\

I'll include one in your package...I have a few.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 02:24:24 AM

:o  Are you sure mate?  That's very good of you. :salute:

us Offline BlueDot

Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 03:48:35 AM

I started a tradition with my sister's 4 kids of getting them a swiss card for their 14th birthday.

The 3 girls really liked theirs.  Fits nicely in a purse, and seems to be an acceptable gurl-tool at that age.
There are just 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary number systems, and those who don't

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 03:56:37 AM

:o  Are you sure mate?  That's very good of you. :salute:

I don't use them much anymore since getting the tool logic one.  Plus my local Target was clearing them out for 10.00 a peice awhile back and I cleaned them out.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 04:06:13 AM
Swiss Cards have suffered a very similar fate to Classics and Micras- they are virtually worthless due to the excessive numbers of them in TSA auctions as so many people have (had) them until they tried to board a plane.  It's great for collectors as all the models and variants are readily available, but many regular people who lost them are choosing not to replace them so they don't have similar security issues in the future.  I had sent one to my brother years ago, and he nearly lost his to airport security, as he never thought about it until he needed it, and so didn't take it out of his wallet.  Luckily he had time before his flight and was able to run out to the car and lock it up.

I find the Swiss Cards are too thick and inflexible for my wallet, but I used to carry a Quattro model in my PDA case before switching to a Smartphone.  I now have one tucked away in my Maxpedition Tactical Operator, which is my do-all work and travel bag.  What I find them most convenient for is supplementing ALOX models or various multitools, since many multis don't have scissors, toothpicks, tweezers and similar tools that the SwissCards do.

If anyone is interested in the SwissCards, here's a couple of articles I wrote a while back on them:

Part 1:
http://sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=325&Itemid=35

Part 2:
http://sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=332&Itemid=35

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

hk Offline pc61158

Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 05:54:12 AM
I used it when i was high school student, i put it in my pencil box, it's small but useful.

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 06:49:23 AM
Swiss Cards have suffered a very similar fate to Classics and Micras- they are virtually worthless due to the excessive numbers of them in TSA auctions as so many people have (had) them until they tried to board a plane.  It's great for collectors as all the models and variants are readily available, but many regular people who lost them are choosing not to replace them so they don't have similar security issues in the future.  I had sent one to my brother years ago, and he nearly lost his to airport security, as he never thought about it until he needed it, and so didn't take it out of his wallet.  Luckily he had time before his flight and was able to run out to the car and lock it up.

I find the Swiss Cards are too thick and inflexible for my wallet, but I used to carry a Quattro model in my PDA case before switching to a Smartphone.  I now have one tucked away in my Maxpedition Tactical Operator, which is my do-all work and travel bag.  What I find them most convenient for is supplementing ALOX models or various multitools, since many multis don't have scissors, toothpicks, tweezers and similar tools that the SwissCards do.

If anyone is interested in the SwissCards, here's a couple of articles I wrote a while back on them:

Part 1:
http://sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=325&Itemid=35

Part 2:
http://sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=332&Itemid=35

Def
I nearly lost mine to security as well (not Airport/TSA), I went through a metal detector with all metallic items (keys, pen, phone, belt etc...) in a bin with the swiss card in my wallet. The detector went off and the guard asked me to remove everything from my pockets, I did and it wasn't xrayed, step through the detector again and was cleared. I remembered that I had it on me only after leaving the place. 

za Offline meanx

Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 11:58:40 AM
I am thinking of getting a Classic and a Quattro just for the collection not for EDC.
Rest is not idleness,
and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day,
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,
is by no means a waste of time

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 12:43:21 PM
I am thinking of getting a Classic and a Quattro just for the collection not for EDC.

I can't speak for the Quatro but you should definitely get a Classic, they are so much more handy than you might think.  I know I was sceptical for a long time but I am now very rarely without a 58mm of some kind on me.  My favouite has to be the Rambler as the combo tool is probably the nicest tool Vic makes IMO, but a Classic is still a great SAK. :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%