Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A few more Leatherman photographs.

Chako · 37 · 4418

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
A few more Leatherman photographs.
on: March 01, 2010, 03:19:16 PM
I find myself once again taking the day off from work. I haven't had this many days off in a long time. Some weird stomach flue bug running rampant around these parts I reckon. Anyhow, it seems that I have started a bit of a tradition. To keep my mind off of being miserable, I like to take a few photographs. This time around, I decided to take a few photographs of some of my Leathermans.

This one is a double post. It is a photograph of the few Titanium Charges I have right now.

Charge TTi, XTi, Ti, and the two Camos.

Going along, we have this grouping of the Aluminum Charges.

Charge AL 25th Anniversary Edition,  AL, ALX, ALX BO, and SLV.

Going down the food chain, some Waves.

Wave BO with Crimper, Wave with Crimper, Wave BO, Wave, 25th Anniversary Wave, and Damascus Wave.

A pair of older Waves.

Old Wave with a 20th Anniversary Wave.

Some Blast Models.

Painted red carbon fiber Blast, Camo Blast, BO Blast, another painted Camo Blast, and the standard Blast.

Can’t have a Blast without some Fuses.

Knifeless Fuse, BO Fuse, Fuse, and painted Camo Fuse.

A few Kicks for good measure.

Kick, BO Kick and another painted Kick minus the accessory clip.

All tarted up.

Two blue, a red, and black painted carbon fiber PSTs, and a red painted carbon fiber PSTII. The guy who was making these in Michigan seems to have stopped. I strongly suspect he wasn’t making much profit. Too bad, as the finish, although being hydro printed, seems to hold up not that badly.

Now if the above bright lineup isn’t your thing…then these should fit the bill.

Two Japan PSTs, a Flair, a Pulse, and a brace of Side Clips.

A few Surges.

A pair of Camo Surges, a BO Surge, and the regular Surge.

A family portrait.

A Leatherman Pulse,  a pair of Super Tool 200s, and a BO Super Tool 200.

Onto some more modern looking models.

Skeletool, Skeletool CX, Freestyle, Freestyle CX.

This is something I need to flesh out a bit better. I only have a few official Micras. I sort of got taken up with these painted ones, which I don’t regret buying. I just need to get a few  of the other official Micras someday.

2009 Special Red/White/Blue Micra, Standard Micra, and a load of painted Micras.

Surprisingly, I am doing better with the Squirts.

Squirt P4s, S4s, and two E4s.

That about sums it up for now. Back to feeling miserable.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: A few more Leatherman photographs.
Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 03:22:22 PM
 :drool:  :drool:  :drool:   :o what more can i say  :D very nice collection,  :tu:

paul

us Offline valvestem125

• You only go this way once.
Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 03:57:43 PM
Great pics and collection, I enjoyed them very much. :tu:

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 04:01:39 PM
Fantastic Chako  :tu:  :salute:

I really like the camo Charges but prefer the end one over the BO blades. The camo looks better; is it a special edition Chako?

I'm also loving the camo Surges and the straight BO Surges too :D

This one is a double post. It is a photograph of the few Titanium Charges I have right now.
(Image removed from quote.)
Charge TTi, XTi, Ti, and the two Camos.

A few Surges.
(Image removed from quote.)
A pair of Camo Surges, a BO Surge, and the regular Surge.

That about sums it up for now. Back to feeling miserable.

If you're feeling miserable you could donate to the cerbera charity  :D  :pok: That makes everyone feel better  :ahhh

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 04:02:12 PM
Thanks. Here are the others I was going to post later today. Might as well get it done sooner than later.

More of the Heavy Hitters.

Painted camo Super Tool, Super tool, BO Super Tool, Core, BO Core, Super Tool 300, BO Super Tool 300.

Can you tell I am a fan of the Mini Tool?

Crunch, 3 Minis, a BO Mini, and a painted camo Mini.

Juice lineup. I originally only bought the storm grey models. I just recently pulled the trigger on the more colourful models.

Juice S2, C2, SC2, CS4, KF4, XE6, Pro.

Going back in time, some more PST/PSTII examples.

Leatherman PST, painted camo PST, BO PST with cap crimper, BO PST, painted camo PSTII, PSTII, Franken PSTII (half PST/PSTII repair job).

Gardening anyone?

Vista, Genus, Hybrid.

And the last….

Leatherman 25th Anniversary sterling silver Charge.

EDIT: The BO camo Charge is the Cabela's exclusive model. The non BO camo model is the Bass Pro shop exclusive.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 04:09:10 PM by Chako »

Offline andre0407

Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 04:14:18 PM
Thanks for the photographs, Chako.. it's pictures like these that inspired me to start a collection of my own, although I suspect it would never be as colossal as yours.  :salute:

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 04:26:39 PM
Thanks for that Chako  :tu:

Will you be chasing the camo Juices?  :D

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 04:32:23 PM
If I could I would. I think my chances of getting one is about as likely as my scoring a 10th Anniversary PST, or a 20th Anniversary signed limited edition Wave. I just wished I had started collecting years ago. I only started a year ago this month.

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 04:52:18 PM
Am I right in saying these were only produced for the Australian market?

If so why not the rest of the world; I would have thought they would be quite popular in the US  :think:

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 04:59:59 PM
Nice shots of your Leathermans Chako    8)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 05:05:39 PM
I believe you are correct. I know very little about them. I still find the camo pattern butt ugly, but that wouldn't prevent me from snapping one up for the collection (after all, I did get those carbon fiber ones now :D). I know AHB got one recently. :salute:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 05:07:40 PM by Chako »

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 05:17:31 PM
I believe you are correct. I know very little about them. I still find the camo pattern butt ugly, but that wouldn't prevent me from snapping one up for the collection (after all, I did get those carbon fiber ones now :D). I know AHB got one recently. :salute:

I saw Dave's pics; I agree the camo isn't the best  ::)

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 07:52:20 PM
I saw Dave's pics; I agree the camo isn't the best  ::)
Aquired taste..  ;)

Some background camo Juices here: Click..
And some pretty Juices: Click..

Impressive collection btw, Chako..  :)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 08:00:27 PM
I still don't have any of the 2HO models either. They just never show up on eBay.ca.  :think:

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 05:02:59 AM
Nice array of pics there Chako :salute:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 10:16:21 AM
Your collection always amazes me. :salute:

And makes me burn in jealousy. :think:
Good thing I'm not religious or anything. Such a sinner I be. :)
Got those frog legs.

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 10:22:31 AM

Aquired taste..  ;)

Impressive collection btw, Chako..  :)

Thanks for the info on these Allan  :salute: I never knew they did a camo KF4; now that will be rare I am guessing  :o

The brown camo does look better than the green IMO :D Think I'll buy the brown camo KF4; wonder if Heinnie sell them  :D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:46:36 AM by cerbera147 »

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 04:59:59 PM

Aquired taste..  ;)

Impressive collection btw, Chako..  :)

Thanks for the info on these Allan  :salute: I never knew they did a camo KF4; now that will be rare I am guessing  :o

The brown camo does look better than the green IMO :D Think I'll buy the brown camo KF4; wonder if Heinnie sell them   :D
Count me in for a few if they have them in stock..... ;) :D

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 07:34:26 PM
Chako

All I can say is WOW :drool:
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 06:19:19 AM
Thought I had already commented :D Guess I hadn't ::) Very nice pics and great collection Chako :drool: I like how you have grouped them as well :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 06:28:52 AM
Thanks everyone.  :salute:

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 03:36:46 PM
I like the choice of background. The cut in half piece of cardboard works well, never would have thought of that.

Oh, and I guess the tools are okay too, even if you don't have very many of them  :pok:

Offline Guyute

Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 05:30:19 PM
Totally impressive... out of curiosity, do you use any of these or are they strictly for show? Which was your first one and which would you say you use most often (if any) and why?

:drool:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 11:53:59 PM
I carry a knifeless Fuse at all times due to work restrictions. The others are all shelf queens. This does not mean I may not use them on occasion, but I am sort of careful not to ding and dent them if I use them.

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 11:55:35 PM
I carry a knifeless Fuse at all times due to work restrictions. The others are all shelf queens. This does not mean I may not use them on occasion, but I am sort of careful not to ding and dent them if I use them.

what a waste :P

I

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 04:17:31 AM

what a waste :P

That's strictly a matter of opinion ;)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Guyute

Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 07:25:33 AM

I am fascinated by your collection. Can you elaborate at all? What was it that got you into multitools? What was the first one?

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 09:04:50 AM

:tu: +1 Chako

I'd be the same with such an extensive collection  :salute: 

I'd pick a few of my faves for users and 'queen' the rest :D

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #28 on: March 04, 2010, 11:52:15 AM

:tu: +1 Chako

I'd be the same with such an extensive collection  :salute: 

I'd pick a few of my faves for users and 'queen' the rest :D

Yeah same here.  Cor just the thought of a tool (that I have no interest in ever selling so physical value actually makes no difference) with a mark on it makes me shiver.  ::)

:D  :D
I'm back!!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #29 on: March 04, 2010, 12:43:50 PM
This is a story I will repeat for the new members, as I have told it before. :)

My father was a tradesman. He always had a work knife on his belt. When Leatherman came out with the PST back in 83, he loved the concept but never bought one because he could not bear to ruin it once he found out their price. He did not baby his tools out in the field. However, he waited till others followed suit in making knock offs that were fairly cheap. He bought many of these, wore them down and replaced them. Back in the early to mid 90s, we both got into archery as a hobby. We both bought American Campers as he found them to be not bad as one of the "knock offs" that lasted him the longest on the job site. The American Camper was my MT for many years. I was very happy with it. In fact, I still have the old pair in really good condition, as you just don't bang them up removing aluminum arrows/field points from trees, etc. When the Leatherman Pulse came out, my father spied it at one of the local stored, and knew he just had to have it. That became his one and only Leatherman. He never used it for work, but would use it as his dress MT. He loved the locking mechanism, as do I. When he got his, I also wanted a dress MT. I, being a very poor student at the time struggling to find employment, managed to scrap enough funds to get myself a Coleman Prolock. That became my dress MT so to speak. We still continued to use the American Campers during this time.

Roll to June 2008, my father had just passed away from a year long bout of cancer. I was stuck cleaning out his bedroom. Lo and behold, I found a dresser drawer full of old and new MTs that he had collected throughout the years. I combines his with mine (I had a few cheapy keychain models) and found out I had a rudimentary collection. That starter collection didn't have to many quality pieces. There was the only Leatherman Pulse, a Schrade tough  tool ST1, the Coleman Prolock, and that was about it other than a bunch of el cheapos.
This is a shot of what I first started off when I combined both my father’s and my collection. I took this one before I joined this forum.

In a sort of memorial to my father, because I never saw him without an MT and/or a knife on this belt, I decided then and there to start collecting them. So there was an emotional side to this when I started. That of course got overtaken eventually because I found collecting MTs a bucket load of fun. I still have my pieces that have huge sentimental value to me though.

I knew of this web site because I had visited the home page a few times to read up on some MT reviews of the models I already had. I became a frequent visitor to the front homepage review section in the following months. It kept my mind off of things somewhat, and the more I read about the various MTs, the more I became intrigued. I also recalled how my father was over the moon about Leatherman, so that helped nudge me a little in that direction. I started to buy whatever MT I could get my paws on around the home.

Then one day, when visiting the front review section of this website, I noted there was a forums section. I hadn't seen this for nearly a year. I joined up last May I think (when I saw it in the list). At that time, I had already started to slowly build the small collection up. Here are some of my oldest collection shots that I first posted on this forum when I joined up. You can see the American Campers # 9 and 10, The Coleman #2, my father's Pulse #17, and his Schrade ST1 #3. Those are the good tool foundations that my collection was built upon. The other leathermans I had just acquired before posting this old photo.

Multimat and a few others on here were real friends and  :pok: :pok: :pok: me to get more. I figured I would expand my MT collection because by this time, I was having way too much fun. That plus I enjoy photography, and was having double the enjoyment of getting a new tool and then having to photograph it for posting in this forum. It didn't help once I saw DaveK's and J-sews's collection. I did not know that Leatherman produced so many models. I am a general MT collector though.

By mid July 2009, I branched out into Swiss Army Knife territory thanks to the fine people in here, and SAKWiki. I view SAKs as another form of MTs, so it was a logical and totally enjoyable expansion for me.

So there you have it.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 12:50:48 PM by Chako »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87