Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I hate you all

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
I hate you all
on: March 02, 2010, 10:39:34 PM
I can no longer deny it. The SAK bug has bitten me. Most of my life I never had much interest in SAKs. Even after I got into multis in general I just never really appreciated the SAK. Even after I got my CT34 as a compliment to whatever multi I'm carrying that day. But the more I learn about them the more interested I get. The more I find myself using my Cybertool ( a LOT lately) the more I begin to "get it". Then I tried (and failed) to mod my CT34. The outcome didn't matter much. What matters is the more I think about it, the more I wanna learn how to get it right. I had fun trying. I've been doing a TON of lurking on SOSAK, and been poking around the SAKWIKI. I honestly woke up having a frakin dream about SAKS last night  :ahhh Now I feel the need to find more SAKs. I want to check out the different models. I want to figure out the modding thing (BTW, I mod everything I own, my computers, never left a car stock, etc. so it fits me) and try to build my "perfect" SAK. I just, I just, I NEED MOAR.

I blame you smurfs for this. All the talk of Swisstools being the end-all of multis got me to buy a Spirit. Then I got (and lost) a Swisstool. As much as I still love LM, I became a bit of a Vic fanboy. So I had to try out a SAK. Then all those wonderful mods you A-holes keep showing off got me wanting to try that. Then seeing all those odd, unknown models that people keep finding got me fascinated by all the different unique variants out there. And now my life is over. I will never be the same again. Thank's to all you S.O.B.'s filling my head with your Swiss made propaganda, I have fallen into the bottomless pit of SAK fanaticism  :climber: Go to Hell, all of you.

P.S. I love you guys  :drink:

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: I hate you all
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 10:41:47 PM
We're just doing what our Swiss Overlords tell us to do :cry:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 11:24:56 PM
You had the dream?  Then my work here is done. :angel:

Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 11:31:13 PM
LOL. I don't remember exactly what the dream was. But I'm pretty sure I was just sitting there examining various SAKs. When I woke up, I knew I was doomed.

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 11:40:36 PM
Yep, you're screwed :D  Join the club  :cheers:
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

Offline Kmarr

Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 11:48:47 PM
Totally with bullfrog on this one. I had SAKs as a kid(then they dissapeared cuz my mom had to put a cap on my blade obsession), so when I got older I thought they were just for boyscouts.  Then all this forum talk led me to believe that they were made for people who enjoy quality, dependability, functionality, style and precision all rolled into a rather compact package :salute:.  

If I'm not mistaken, I think this forum alone contributes to 50% of worldwide MT sales!!   :o
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 01:01:26 AM by Kmarr »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 12:31:07 AM
Oh God...another SAKcrack enthusiast is born.  >:D

Should I be really evil?

Yep :D

>:D :pok: >:D :pok: >:D

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:37:06 AM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 12:44:56 AM
You also should get one of these for your wife/sweetheart.

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 01:00:18 AM
Haha yeah I've seen you're collection Chako. And those oddball things you keep winding up with is a big part of what got me so interested of late. I'm actually gonna be getting my hands on a couple beaters this week. One I'm gonna try and fix up, the compact will prolly get sacrificed for modding practice and the parts used as replacements for my CT and the other one. I thought it was a Champ, but I'm thinking now it's a Craftsman. I haven't seen it in a while so I don't remember. It'll be a fun project.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 01:14:51 AM
Sorry dude, we're on commission from the Swiss ;)
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

Offline Kmarr

Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 02:53:49 AM
Chako......do you have those things insured?.....and...and HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN COLLECTING?!
soooooo many questions!! :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 03:24:21 AM
Chako......do you have those things insured?.....and...and HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN COLLECTING?!

You're gonna cry when he tells you. :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 03:39:09 AM

You're gonna cry when he tells you. :D

Chako is definitely efficient in his quests, that's certain. :)  I just wish I was in terms of my respective quests. ^^;

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 06:19:48 AM
I started collecting SAKs mid July 2009.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 06:21:20 AM by Chako »

us Offline gafftapegreenia

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 06:36:06 AM
I feel your pain, I had completely dismissed SAK's till these blokes  forced me to get a Farmer and a Tinker. There is no cure.
Fan of the Leatherman mini-bit driver and the Vic backspring philips.

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 07:03:37 AM
All's good, there are worse addictions out there >:D :D SAKs are among the good :angel: :D

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 05:18:38 PM
I started collecting SAKs mid July 2009.

I. am.  speechless.  That collection just made my addiction go from bad to terminal.   I love SAK's, I just don't have the money to keep buying them.  how do you do it?  I have had the bug about that long and I only have 7 SAK's and a spirit!! 

I have had many more, but I am sad to say that some must be sold so that new (to me) models can be acquired. 

I MUST KNOW YOUR SECRET!!   :climber:

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 05:21:43 PM
I can no longer deny it. The SAK bug has bitten me. Most of my life I never had much interest in SAKs. Even after I got into multis in general I just never really appreciated the SAK. Even after I got my CT34 as a compliment to whatever multi I'm carrying that day. But the more I learn about them the more interested I get. The more I find myself using my Cybertool ( a LOT lately) the more I begin to "get it". Then I tried (and failed) to mod my CT34. The outcome didn't matter much. What matters is the more I think about it, the more I wanna learn how to get it right. I had fun trying. I've been doing a TON of lurking on SOSAK, and been poking around the SAKWIKI. I honestly woke up having a frakin dream about SAKS last night  :ahhh Now I feel the need to find more SAKs. I want to check out the different models. I want to figure out the modding thing (BTW, I mod everything I own, my computers, never left a car stock, etc. so it fits me) and try to build my "perfect" SAK. I just, I just, I NEED MOAR.

I blame you smurfs for this. All the talk of Swisstools being the end-all of multis got me to buy a Spirit. Then I got (and lost) a Swisstool. As much as I still love LM, I became a bit of a Vic fanboy. So I had to try out a SAK. Then all those wonderful mods you A-holes keep showing off got me wanting to try that. Then seeing all those odd, unknown models that people keep finding got me fascinated by all the different unique variants out there. And now my life is over. I will never be the same again. Thank's to all you S.O.B.'s filling my head with your Swiss made propaganda, I have fallen into the bottomless pit of SAK fanaticism  :climber: Go to Hell, all of you.

P.S. I love you guys  :drink:

Not fanaticism,,,,,,,,,FETISHISM!!!
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 06:53:50 PM
A very good paying job, and no family. The no family part sucks though.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 07:29:33 PM
A very good paying job, and no family. The no family part sucks though.

I don't have either of those things!  I love my family, god blessed me with a wonderful wife and a beautiful baby boy, but I failed to bless myself with a highpaying job.  I may have enough money later on, but not right now.

Offline andrea.from.roma

Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 08:05:02 PM
Thank's to all you S.O.B.'s filling my head with your Swiss made propaganda, I have fallen into the bottomless pit of SAK fanaticism  :climber: Go to Hell, all of you.

You're welcome.
To hell, I mean.

The Hell of Relentless SAK Enthusiasts. >:D

The only 'bottomless pit' where you find just good people with a peaceful and yet unstoppable addiction. :D

A.
R

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 08:38:05 PM
gadgetguy35, I am sorry to say that it isn't the whole of what I currently have. there is also my special SAK drawer for those items that I don't want to separate from their packaging, and a few other smaller drawers not shown.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,17602.0.html

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 09:10:17 PM
gadgetguy35, I am sorry to say that it isn't the whole of what I currently have. there is also my special SAK drawer for those items that I don't want to separate from their packaging, and a few other smaller drawers not shown.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,17602.0.html

Longshot here:  Would you be willing to part with any "used" or "older" knives?  IE tinker, spartan, and the like?  I love the two layer 91's and I need some parts knives so I can start modding. 

za Offline meanx

Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 09:41:54 PM
I've been collecting knives on and off for a couple of years,mostly British slip joints and bayonets had about 150 of them, never ever even looking at a SAK then in Aug last year I went to buy a Joseph Rodgers from a local dealer and they were out of stock so instead of turning around and going home I thought well I am here might as well buy something,I saw the Vic section in the shop and made the mistake of buying a Recruit.

Something in that knife gave me the desire (the need,an incredible urge) to get another and another and another,I'm sure they add something to the plastic in the scales to make you wanna buy more, so now I'm going on 80 + SAKs and the desire to get more is only growing stronger and stronger.
Can someone please help me!!!!
Rest is not idleness,
and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day,
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,
is by no means a waste of time

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 09:49:36 PM

Longshot here:  Would you be willing to part with any "used" or "older" knives?  IE tinker, spartan, and the like?  I love the two layer 91's and I need some parts knives so I can start modding. 

Tim  AKA Felinevet has good deals on used knives.  Perfect way to grab some mod fodder.

If you don't see what you want in his store send him a message and let him know the kind of thing you're after :tu:
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

Offline Kmarr

Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 10:38:24 PM
meanx-  I have the same problem, as most of us here do, but I am spending money that I use for my bills on multis and SAKs!! :ahhh  So I figured out a way where I can still keep my electricity, phone, AND SAKs-  I buy them used(as I do everything), play with them, clean them up, sell it when a new desire comes along.  Its like rent-a-sak! If I can clean and polish em up real nice I might be able to break even

Disclaimer- this plan only works if you get bored easily :)

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 11:16:46 PM

Tim  AKA Felinevet has good deals on used knives.  Perfect way to grab some mod fodder.

If you don't see what you want in his store send him a message and let him know the kind of thing you're after :tu:

I'll take a look, thanks!

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: March 07, 2010, 02:53:11 PM
Yeah I'd like to learn to get good at cleaning/rebuilding them so I could do exactly that. Hit up TSA auctions and whatnot for used ones and go from that. MAn, once I get some steady income I'm gonna be in trouble lol. I was out with my girlfriend yesterday and saw a display of SAKs, if I could have I would have walked out with a Sentinel, a Compact, a Tinker, a........

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #28 on: March 07, 2010, 03:37:06 PM
You are lucky. The city I live in doesn't even sell SAKs other than one small outfitter but that is by catalog. Oh and a local engraving shop sells a few Wengers are super high prices. Not sure what I would do if I encountered a display full of them.  :think:

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: March 07, 2010, 03:46:55 PM
lol. And i thought the display was rather half-assed.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%