Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Buck Summit Knife review up

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Buck Summit Knife review up
on: August 01, 2007, 03:51:08 PM
Check out the new Buck Summit review under the knives section of the main page  :pok:

or here's a link: http://multitool.org/content/view/118/76/

David

Oh and sorry I have not been on here much, between work, my wife doing her exams for her first semester of school and just crap in general, I have been mucho busy. So here is what I have come up with in my spare time. Hope you like it.

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Re: Buck Summit Knife review up
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 05:08:25 PM
Check out the new Buck Summit review under the knives section of the main page 

Thanks for another nice review, DavidBinGA.

Something that would help readers not familiar with the Summit would be if you included blade length, overall length, and weight.  I have trouble envisioning if Summit is a large, medium, or small knife.  Not trying to be critical - just a suggestion for future reviews.

I agree that a pocket clip could improve the Summit's versatility.  Guess the whole Whittaker line is designed to be clipped to rucksack or climbing harness and I do like the lanyard rings and slots on them.  Wouldn't hurt to offer both options with removable pocket clips.

N

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 05:28:11 PM
Nice looking knife.  I've looked at them a few times myself and always thought about picking one up.  Maybe I actually will one of these days...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 02:51:33 AM
Dave, what is your impression of the liner lock mechanism? Does it lock the knife in place solidly, does it snap into position crisply?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 10:34:42 PM
Locks up pretty solid, doesn't go all the way to the opposite side like some liner locks do, centers pretty much even. Really like the idea that this knife/tool has a screwdriver, nice thought. Darn combo edge blade, PE would have been better. It's one of those knives that bug me a little but the well thought out design over comes it's flaws.

David

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD