Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Article on Vic. and the military 1354

No Life Club Posts: 1,092
Article on Vic. and the military
« on: March 03, 2010, 05:10:53 AM »

Fan of the Leatherman mini-bit driver and the Vic backspring philips.
No Life Club Posts: 1,894
Re: Article on Vic. and the military
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 05:19:27 AM »
Anish Goel, managing director of Victorinox India, pulls the Indian prototype out of his pocket. It is a gorgeous, matte-black instrument, its body unusually hinged in half. “They’d asked us to include two tools in particular,” Goel says. “One is a saw to cut metal, and the other is a marlinspike. The navy uses the marlinspike to tie knots and open shackles. And we’ve also included two blades instead of one.”

Oh snap! New Spirit model?

I need one of those!
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,364
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 05:20:59 AM »
Anish Goel, managing director of Victorinox India, pulls the Indian prototype out of his pocket. It is a gorgeous, matte-black instrument, its body unusually hinged in half. “They’d asked us to include two tools in particular,” Goel says. “One is a saw to cut metal, and the other is a marlinspike. The navy uses the marlinspike to tie knots and open shackles. And we’ve also included two blades instead of one.”

Oh snap! New Spirit model?

I need one of those!

You and me both, that sounds like a quirky knife. :)

Oh Catman...  :D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 05:23:45 AM by Sazabi »
Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club! Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here... Posts: 42,959 Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 09:59:56 AM »
Good article that :)

Thanks for posting :tu:

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!
Admin Team Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,798 Aggressive in defence
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 10:33:49 AM »
Very interesting , thanks  :tu:

Dunc
Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 32,078
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 10:38:44 AM »
I wonder what the Indian knife is?  It sounds interesting anyway.  Of course it might never make it past prototype. :-\

Thanks for the read though. :tu:

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
Multitool.org Main Site Manager Zombie Apprentice Posts: 15,287
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 10:47:18 AM »
It sounds like it has at least one OH blade and a belt cutter.  Add to that the marlin spike and you'd assume a 111mm model but then it mentions folding in half making you think SwissTool/Spirit :think:

I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.
Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 32,078
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 11:22:03 AM »
It sounds like it has at least one OH blade and a belt cutter.  Add to that the marlin spike and you'd assume a 111mm model but then it mentions folding in half making you think SwissTool/Spirit :think:

That was what I took from it as well, the fact he makes specific mention of the 'folding in half' strongly suggests to me something other than a normal 111mm SAK.  Perhaps (and don't get to excited folks, it's only a prototype) it's a Swiss Tool with OHO blades, I know I'm curious as heck but there's a chance it'll never see the light of day.

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
No Life Club Posts: 3,785 Why is it doing that?
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 11:07:31 AM »
Well, judging from the way they describe all those "novelties" ("slim steel dividers" (aka liner lock), "purpose built hole" ::), etc.), my guess is that it's just a 111mm folder, that happens to "fold in half" (as opposed to being a fixed blade)... ::)
No Life Club Posts: 2,277
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 01:51:42 PM »
Well, judging from the way they describe all those "novelties" ("slim steel dividers" (aka liner lock), "purpose built hole" ::), etc.), my guess is that it's just a 111mm folder, that happens to "fold in half" (as opposed to being a fixed blade)... ::)

Yep, exactly. The writer sounded like a complete idiot to me. I'm pretty sure it's just another 111mm configuration.
No Life Club Posts: 1,092
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 07:40:46 PM »
Even if it IS just a 111mm variant, its an OHO with file (metal saw) and marlin spike. Sounds cool to me!

Fan of the Leatherman mini-bit driver and the Vic backspring philips.
No Life Club Posts: 1,054
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 07:53:18 PM »
Hi
Thanks!

It was how i suspected with the beltcutter ::)

NM

Get more tools
No Life Club Posts: 2,562
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 07:00:16 AM »
Dutch Army Knife with a marlin spike and metal file zzz a few mods to a preexisting sak, still want one :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
September Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: $138.52
PayPal Fees: $8.22
Net Balance: $130.30
Below Goal: $169.70
Site Currency: USD
43%