Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone know anything about binoculars?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Anyone know anything about binoculars?
on: July 20, 2007, 04:43:59 AM
Seems to me a while back someone mentioned they were into binoculars- I think it might have been Plowboy, but I'm not certain.

I got a nice old set from my father when I visited him last month.  They are an old Tasco set that he's had longer than he's had kids, and since my brother is 35, I am guessing these are closer to 40.  I can't find any info online about them which is kind of frustrating.  I can post pictures and any info that is printed on them in case anyone may know anything?  They are a wide angle "featherwight" set that is heavier than most heavy duty binoculars nowadays, and the optics are clear and beautiful.  There used to be lens caps on all the corners, but they seem to have disappeared over the years.  Some replacements would be nice if anyone has a source for that kind of stuff.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Anyone know anything about binoculars?
Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 04:50:34 AM
One side says:

"Tasco
MAGNESIUM BODY
FULLY COATED
MODEL No. 124
No. 381742"

The other side says:

"7 X 50
EXTRA WIDE ANGLE
FEATHER WEIGHT
578FT AT 1000YDS
REG No. 6750"

Admittedly, most of that is pretty self explanatory, but I am wondering what all the numbers mean?  (I know the 7 x50 and 578@1000 mr Smartass!)  I have tried to search for the registry number, model number and that other number and haven't found anything.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%