Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

It’s healthcare time.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
It’s healthcare time.
on: March 24, 2010, 09:43:19 PM
I have been pondering about if I should post this or not since this is slightly not in the spirit of MT.O but I got to ask since I just can’t figure it out. Why are there so many Americans against the healthcare reform that Obama is fighting for and universal healthcare?

Why do most of Americans want a system that denies you treatment if you don’t have health insurance or can’t pay for it? Isn’t it better that an American can walk in to the hospital without worrying if the insurance he got will cover it or not? Don’t need to worry about having enough money so you can pay the insurance? Don’t have to worry about getting sick?

I am raised in a country that is influenced by soSmurfpillsm; we even have the soSmurfpillst left party as a part of the current government (I did NOT vote for that, I’m on the right) so for me it’s hard to grasp why anyone wants to keep the system that the Americans have now.

Some say that money is the issue and that the health care reform will increase the deficit even more, I think that is a totally BS explanation and other argues why the people that can afford insurance have to pay for the people that don’t have any money and I say what about taking care of your fellow man.

This is not going to be a discussion on politics, this is just me being curios and trying to find an answer to a question that I really can’t get from the news. So I am locking this thread from the get-go since threads like this have started very nice and have gone sour after a while, so unless a mod or admin gives this thread its blessing then it stays locked. If you feel like answering please PM me.

Kenneth.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%