Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

leatherman watch

au Offline dingosrun

• bring it on
leatherman watch
on: July 21, 2007, 02:18:14 PM
here guys i found this on the leatherman site
http://www.leatherman.com.au/alltimepieces.htm

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: leatherman watch
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 02:28:38 PM
I have been wanting to get some of those for the longest time!  Unfortunately I think Australia is the only place they are available.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 03:38:41 PM

I wonder who makes them? It doesn't seem like Leatherman would allow their name to be put on a product unless it was of decent quality.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 03:49:29 PM
That's the iffy part right there.  It really all depends on how Australia's distributor is set up.

They could be licensed to use the name, which means they can put it on any old hunk of crap they like, much the same way we see names like Remington and S&W on cheap hunks of crap.  If that's the case, then it is up to the Leatherman Representative in Australia to sell the tools and the brand in any way possible, which means that if they could throw in a $2 watch and jack up the price by $50, then they go for it.  Of course in the long run they are better off starting with quality pieces. like Victorinox (or rather the US branch, Swiss Army Brands) used to do with Mag Lights.

I am certain Leatherman has more control over what goes on in various markets, but it is entirely possible that Leatherman Australia isn't Leatherman, but an agency contracted to represent Leatherman in that area.  In Canada Leatherman is represented by Outdoor Sales Group and Wenger is represented by SwissPeak.  If SwissPeak wanted to use the Wenger brand on flashlights or anything else, they have a certain amount of authority to do it.

This might be why we only see Leatherman watches in Australia.  Otherwise it seems that if it was a good idea (and why wouldn't it be?) we'd see them here as well.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%