Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My new digital postage scale - if you send packages read this ....

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
LINK to digital scale

LINK to sellers eBay store and other scales

#1. I just bought a "NEW" 35LB digital postal scale ( lifetime warranty ) on e-Bay for $.94 cents / $17 total with FedEx delivery.

The kicker is the seller has 100% positive feedback - with over 14,000 sales !!!

That is amazing feedback with that many sales.

#2. In case you have not been the the post office recently the cost for mailing large items, say over 5+  lbs has gone through the roof.

I had a 9 LB box to send Priority Mail with $200 insurance and it was $23.00 at the post office !!

Screw that I'll drive it to NY for that .

So, back to the house and I went on line to UPS and opened a shipping account ( no charge )  weighed the package on the bathroom scale, loaded the info on the UPS site ( no software to load on your computer , it's all done on line) which then prints out a filled out UPS shipping label ( with a tracking number on the label ) on plain paper and charges your credit card the exact amount ( no surcharge added ) of the shipping fees. ALL you do is tape the label on the box and give it to a UPS driver OR take it to a " UPS Store" and drop it off at the counter. Very simple and very easy.

UPS total cost with $250 insurance was $12.14. I saved almost enough on that one package to pay for my new 35LB digital postage scale !!!

I just started selling on Amazon.com, ( I have been selling on eBay fo close to 10 years)  so UPS is going to make life a lot easier by not having to go to the post office, I'll just give everything to the UPS driver.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 06:35:38 AM by eodtech »
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
I noticed that also...lots of people assume the USPS is cheaper than UPS, and that was true at one time, but now they are pretty close in price, with UPS beating the USPS out a lot of the time.  And UPS has a better service, go figure.
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
My wife ships a lot of items to various buyers around the U.S. She goes online to check for the best shipping rates. Somewhat surprisingly, FedEx Ground is consistantly cheaper than USPS and UPS.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%