Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss+Tech stuff.

Chako · 12 · 3443

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Swiss+Tech stuff.
on: April 27, 2010, 03:01:39 AM
I guess this would be the right forum section to post this.

I just received a few Swiss+Tech items in today, which will go along with the two items I previously had...enough with the babbling and onto the photographs.

Here is my current list of Swiss+Tech keychain MTs.

First up is a weird design. They call this one a Transformer 11 in 1 screwdriver set. The nicest thing about this weird design is the dual LEDs that throw a nice amount of light for something of this size.

The Transformer has a rather ingenious way of detaching from the key ring. When you open it, the locking mechanism releases the ring, It works good.

There are basically 6 screwdriver bits. Now I gather to keep the price down, they reused the handles on their smaller plier based tools as part of the screwdriver system. This is why two are a bit larger then the rest.  Now the Transformer is actually a nice size screwdriver once it is opened up. It also has a nice weight to it.

This is another odd keychain tool. It is an tri LED light that works on solar power. I am uncertain of how durable the solar cell is once it bangs around on a keychain. Only time will tell.

The instructions state that it needs 3 hours of charging to get continuous light. Seeing that it was DOA on arrival, I have it in a window  to charge it up.

Next up are a pair of 6 in 1 function Utili-Keys.  These are nice simple tools. The way it comes off the keychain is simple and effective. Just open the tool and it will release itself from the ring. This pocket tool is designed to resemble a key, but this key is multi functional. You get an eyeglass flathead driver, flathead driver, Philips driver, serrated blade, and straight blade, and a bottle opener.

The Utili-Key can be opened fully to give you some leverage to use the knife blade properly. You do have to be careful with this tool as I can see someone not paying attention and cutting themselves. The sharp ends are covered by the other half when closed.

Here we have a Micro Pro and a Micro Pro XL. These are plier based micro MTs wrapped around a small keychain LED light.

The larger flashlight unit is an 11 in 1 Micro Pro. This unit has an on/off switch that can be kept in the on position by sliding it back into the locked position, or you can simply press down on the button to activate the light for as long as you press down on it.  The bottom smaller unit is a 9-1 Micro Pro XL 900. The smaller LED light can only be activated so long as you press down on the switch.

These keychain MTs are fairly comfortable due to the rounded and ergonomic handles compared to the other offerings from Swiss+Tech.

Next up is a trio of Mts. From left to right: Micro-Tech 6 in 1, Micro-Plus 8 in 1, and a Micro-Max 19 in 1.

Well that is about it for the Swiss+Tech gear for now.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Re: Swiss+Tech stuff.
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 07:49:59 PM
i hope you have a big keychain chako :P

i never new the Utili-Key could be opend to 180 degrees either  :tu:
I

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 12:05:15 PM
I EDC a Knifeless Fuse...so I do not need to add to my considerable weight in keys.

The LED light is DOA...figures...which highlights one of the weaknesses of such a concept...fragility.

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
  • Where is all that water coming from?!
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 12:49:32 PM
Nice pictures and I do like that small micro pro very much! I went the the website but the FAQ page is under construction. Do you know if the ship to the EU?

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 01:18:05 PM
I have a spare used Micro-pro 11-in-1 without the flashlight unit (it broke the first time I dropped my keys... :-\). If anyone (zepla?) wants to try it out, drop me a line. :tu:

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 06:06:00 PM
pm sent.... :)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 01:54:48 AM
It looks like you have a couple of Chinese Utilikeys there.  You should see how yours stack up with the Utilikey Discrepancy thread we started a while back:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,4262.0.html

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 12:14:08 PM
That about sums it up. No numbers on the whatsoever. Both are identical.

Thanks for the link. It was very informative.  :salute:

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 01:22:51 PM
Joohoo! It came in today! Thanks Nikos  :cheers: (together with the bit set from Def)

I will attach it to my key chain and see if I can get into action along the way. It sure does look like a handy dandy little tool.

Anyhow, thanks Nikos  :salute:

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 04:08:10 PM
Glad it got there mate. Of course, we're gonna need action shots and all shorts of use cases reports... :pok: :pok: :pok:

PS: Why is this -> :poke: guy so angry? :D

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 12:09:43 PM
No real action shots yet but I do have some pictures of my new little friend  :)
P5096056.jpg
* P5096056.jpg (Filesize: 50.6 KB)
P5096057.jpg
* P5096057.jpg (Filesize: 45.63 KB)
P5096058.jpg
* P5096058.jpg (Filesize: 37.37 KB)
P5096059.jpg
* P5096059.jpg (Filesize: 32.71 KB)

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 12:35:07 PM
And the last one. Some comparison pictures. It shows how small and it is  :dd:

Some first thoughts about it, well, it is small but seems well built.
It is fitted with pliers, small and big phillips and smal and big flat screwdrivers. I've used the big phillips and it seems to work fine. Of course it is not for serious screwing around (sorry, I could not resist that one  :D) but it sure does the job if you do not have anything else at hand. And I guess that is just what this MT is all about, you do not have a good excuse to not have it at hand.

It seems to be in the same catagory as a squirt (not pricewise obviously) but it is even smaller but on the other hand not as well equipped.

Now I have on my keychain a ladybug and the swissstech and that should cover most things when I do not have my wave or skely with me. The down side for me to this set up is that it brings me back to my nemesis project; fit a ladybug blade in a p4. I sure love to have a locking OHO good quality blade in a squirt size tool  :gimme:

One day....

Anyhow, pros and cons.
Pro:
small, fitted with basic most used screwdrivers and even a little plierhead.
And I have to mention the smart keychain attachment system  :tu: No fiddling about with those split rings. Perfect system!

Con:
small and fitted with just the basics  ::)
No blade

Special thanks for this one goes out to Nikos  :salute: He donated this little piece of art.

And Chako, now I have to keep an eye out on these MT's as well  :ahhh Just what I needed, more things that I want  ::) Thanks for that  :twak:  :D
P5096060.jpg
* P5096060.jpg (Filesize: 45.1 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21