Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Brown Alox Pioneers - Special Limited Run

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Re: Brown Alox Pioneers - Special Limited Run
Reply #30 on: May 04, 2010, 11:18:55 PM
I for one am really looking forward to this knife. It will be my new edc SAK and I love the way the alox knives wear over time. I hope to have this knife for years to come.  :tu:
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 03:06:11 AM
I for one am really looking forward to this knife. It will be my new edc SAK and I love the way the alox knives wear over time. I hope to have this knife for years to come.  :tu:

I presume you're refering to the Brown Alox Pioneer?  While I never met an Alox knife I didn't like, I'm waiting to hold this one in the hand before and decide how much I like it.  I can't decide from the pictures if I'm a big fan of Brown or not, but I always love NAT HA which can come in have several shades of brown.  Hopefully if I like it I'll be able to order some extras from Tim, but he may sell out by then.  No one reported production numbers on these but I presume, like the other colors from this source, the run is quite small.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #32 on: May 05, 2010, 03:30:53 AM
The Brown Alox Pioneers are in and on the way to those who have already ordered. I still have some left if anyone else is interested.  :gimme:

Check your PP,again!! ::)
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #33 on: May 05, 2010, 04:23:13 AM

I presume you're refering to the Brown Alox Pioneer?  While I never met an Alox knife I didn't like, I'm waiting to hold this one in the hand before and decide how much I like it.  I can't decide from the pictures if I'm a big fan of Brown or not, but I always love NAT HA which can come in have several shades of brown.  Hopefully if I like it I'll be able to order some extras from Tim, but he may sell out by then.  No one reported production numbers on these but I presume, like the other colors from this source, the run is quite small.

I was able to get 20 of them. The color is a rich brown with almost Bronze tones. I am quite impressed with the color.
T

ch Offline victor7000

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 10:49:45 AM
I presume you're refering to the Brown Alox Pioneer?  While I never met an Alox knife I didn't like, I'm waiting to hold this one in the hand before and decide how much I like it.  I can't decide from the pictures if I'm a big fan of Brown or not, but I always love NAT HA which can come in have several shades of brown.  Hopefully if I like it I'll be able to order some extras from Tim, but he may sell out by then.  No one reported production numbers on these but I presume, like the other colors from this source, the run is quite small.

It's a beautiful milk-chocolate brown not a sh.. (Colorful Enunciation) brown   :D   :pok:

You will love it.  :drool:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 10:54:58 AM by victor7000 »

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: May 12, 2010, 02:19:37 AM
The Brown Alox Pioneer!  Very nice, like the other Alox the anodized finish has a metalic look and is very nice.  Depending on the light and angle it can look between copper and brown.  Might want to put a lanyard on it if you might drop it outdoors, I think it might hide quite well.

ca Offline gunga

Reply #36 on: May 12, 2010, 02:20:59 AM
Sheesh, these colour anodized pioneers are just sooo nice.

I have a red and black coming alreardy, must resist!

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: May 12, 2010, 02:24:30 AM
I just received my brown beauty today and I love it!    :tool:  I agree that a lanyard is need to help prevent loss.  :tu:

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: May 12, 2010, 02:38:58 AM
Here is my setup:

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #39 on: May 12, 2010, 03:47:52 AM
:cheers: Nice photos and rig guys. I still have some available if anyone else is interested.
T

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD