Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hello

Offline Jack Russell

Hello
on: May 11, 2010, 10:27:35 PM
Hello I bought my first Sak in the 1980s a Climber economy, my latest just received  is a +B silver Bushcrafter. I started collecting  when the DAKs & SAKs first appeared  in the  Army Surplus stores .My favourites are the spin offs from these Knives 93mm Alox  and 108mm Safaris.   

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Hello
Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 10:30:02 PM
Welcome to the forum mate :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 10:32:34 PM
ewlcome many here love Alox :cheers:

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 12:01:57 AM
Welcome to the forum !

Chris

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 12:03:06 AM
Hello!
You will find several other here that share your love for those models.

I just recieved a very nice Alox Electrician with the early Silver Alox scales with the Cross.  I recently got a couple colored Bushcrafters, I think they are a good knife to combine with another carry, either a SAK or a larger fixed blade when outdoors.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 12:05:11 AM by ICanFixThat »

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 12:04:19 AM
Good to have you with us Jack.... gonna show us your shinies?  :D
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 12:38:03 AM
Welcome to you JR!  You'll most likely find this to be the friendliest online forum you'll ever visit! 
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 12:59:35 AM
Hey Jack,

Maybe you know my bud, Jimmy:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 02:34:54 AM
Hello Jack, plenty of other SAK fans here mate. :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 06:40:56 AM
Welcome to the forums. :cheers:& :think:

Offline Jack Russell

Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 09:05:07 PM
Thanks Nuphoria, like these?
Dsc01607.jpg
* Dsc01607.jpg (Filesize: 87.98 KB)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 09:07:30 PM
That's some great looking stuff you have there mate. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline Jack Russell

Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 09:09:16 PM
Hey Jack,

Maybe you know my bud, Jimmy:

(Image removed from quote.)
Yea Mr Whippy he looks like family.

Offline Jack Russell

Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 09:12:17 PM
ewlcome many here love Alox :cheers:
But is there enough to go round?? :sak:

Offline Jack Russell

Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 09:29:52 PM
Hello!
You will find several other here that share your love for those models.

I just recieved a very nice Alox Electrician with the early Silver Alox scales with the Cross.  I recently got a couple colored Bushcrafters, I think they are a good knife to combine with another carry, either a SAK or a larger fixed blade when outdoors.
I had one of those in the 80s and lost it, now I only carry saks with Bail/Keyring. I like the Bushcrafter But I miss the opener layer dont you??

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 02:18:11 PM

Nice stuff!!  ...and welcome to MTO!  :cheers:

I'm kinda nutty for SAKs.
- Terry

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 02:44:23 PM
...  I recently got a couple colored Bushcrafters, I think they are a good knife to combine with another carry, either a SAK or a larger fixed blade when outdoors.
I had one of those in the 80s and lost it, now I only carry saks with Bail/Keyring. I like the Bushcrafter But I miss the opener layer dont you??
Not Really, because I would carry it in addtion to some other SAK.  I gave up trying to find a SAK with everything, so I like to try different combinations.  That way if my current carry is not good for the outdoors, maybe I just add a Bushcrafter and I get the extra tools, but my familiar tools are still with me.  I think this is better that changing out the whole kit. Being able to have that 93mm reamer add is also very nice.

I'm waiting for, or waiting to build the Master Bushcrafter; a Bushcrafter with one more layer containing the Electrician's Blade and Small Pruner.

So the Farmer does work better than the Bushcrafter in many cases, but the Bushcrafter is a nice knife to have because it allows you to add the great 93mm Reamer and Saw to an existing carry. It may not be a good standalone carry, but it's very useful to have.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 04:54:06 PM

JR,

That is a VERY nice collection of older SAKs.  :drool:

How many of those get regular pocket time?

Offline Jack Russell

Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 10:57:35 PM

JR,

That is a VERY nice collection of older SAKs.  :drool:

How many of those get regular pocket time? Hi I just got a new Farmer And I carry these most often depends what Im doing.
Dsc01451.jpg
* Dsc01451.jpg (Filesize: 72.64 KB)

mx Offline Sidhartha

• Hecho en México
Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 11:28:28 PM
welcome to the forum jack!  :cheers:  nice sak´s  :tu:
custom swiss army knives

ye Offline Sam Quint

Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 12:05:17 AM
Welcome, Jack!!!!  :climber:

Offline Jack Russell

Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 10:23:09 PM
...  I recently got a couple colored Bushcrafters, I think they are a good knife to combine with another carry, either a SAK or a larger fixed blade when outdoors.
Not Really, because I would carry it in addtion to some other SAK.  I gave up trying to find a SAK with everything, so I like to try different combinations.  That way if my current carry is not good for the outdoors, maybe I just add a Bushcrafter and I get the extra tools, but my familiar tools are still with me.  I think this is better that changing out the whole kit. Being able to have that 93mm reamer add is also very nice.

I'm waiting for, or waiting to build the Master Bushcrafter; a Bushcrafter with one more layer containing the Electrician's Blade and Small Pruner.

So the Farmer does work better than the Bushcrafter in many cases, but the Bushcrafter is a nice knife to have because it allows you to add the great 93mm Reamer and Saw to an existing carry. It may not be a good standalone carry, but it's very useful to have.
That would be a great Knife. Or how about a pioneer harvester?
that way you get the screw driver/opener/prytooland the pruner blade.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 02:28:54 AM

I have a few Harvester's I really like them because I don't need the canopener very often.  This is my favorite I've posted a few times.

Offline Jack Russell

Reply #23 on: May 16, 2010, 05:50:24 PM

I have a few Harvester's I really like them because I don't need the canopener very often.  This is my favorite I've posted a few times.

(Image removed from quote.)
Nice one,I just have the one I like to have a key ring
Dsc01613.jpg
* Dsc01613.jpg (Filesize: 37.87 KB)

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 05:58:47 PM
I love Alox (never thought I'd say that).  I carry an 08 Alox soldier every day, and no Mike, I haven't gotten my farmer yet.  It's coming!  I really want one of Scibeer's HAIII models with scissors(donations would be welcome  ;) ), but I will have to wait until one comes up for trade.

Welcome to the forum JR, this is the best one on the interwebs!

Offline Jack Russell

Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 09:52:44 PM
I love Alox (never thought I'd say that).  I carry an 08 Alox soldier every day, and no Mike, I haven't gotten my farmer yet.  It's coming!  I really want one of Scibeer's HAIII models with scissors(donations would be welcome  ;) ), but I will have to wait until one comes up for trade.

You cant have to many farmers. Your right about this forum Ive had a great welcome

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 10:23:44 PM

You cant have to many farmers. Your right about this forum Ive had a great welcome
The man's right you need a Farmer :pok:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 10:32:32 PM

The man's right you need a Farmer :pok:

Not the next paycheck, but maybe the one after that.  I bought a new laptop and I'm kinda strapped until I pay it off.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: May 17, 2010, 12:24:38 AM
Nice one,I just have the one I like to have a key ring
That's a very nice one you have.  I don't think I have one with any Brass, and I'm not even sure I've seen one with a keyring before!  Good Stuff!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%