Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Car boot finds

Sparky415 · 4120 · 301671

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Re: Car boot finds
Reply #3840 on: May 02, 2022, 03:18:53 AM
Skil saw? That's an oldie, great project!
Jason - N4RBZ- A Harley can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no Harley____O~`o__

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #3841 on: May 02, 2022, 03:31:23 AM
Skil saw? That's an oldie, great project!

Yep, Craftsman circular saw circa 1960’s.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #3842 on: May 02, 2022, 03:46:43 AM
OMG what a tank! That should be some fun to clean up, I worked with an older guy back in the day who had a reciprocating saw, all metal actually wasn’t that big, but it was a freaking antique, I told him he should take a pic and write the company and send the pic, they’d prob pay him a pretty penny so they could put it up for display, that’s how freaking clean he kept it!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3843 on: May 02, 2022, 04:35:47 AM
OMG what a tank! That should be some fun to clean up, I worked with an older guy back in the day who had a reciprocating saw, all metal actually wasn’t that big, but it was a freaking antique, I told him he should take a pic and write the company and send the pic, they’d prob pay him a pretty penny so they could put it up for display, that’s how freaking clean he kept it!
JR

It is a tank.  It has a cement cutting blade in it.  The cord is in really bad shape so I won’t test it until the cord is replaced.  From what I’ve seen there isn’t much to be gained financially from restoring them.  It is mostly self satisfaction.
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3844 on: May 03, 2022, 04:20:15 PM
The arms on the person who used  :D
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3845 on: May 04, 2022, 01:19:28 AM
The arms on the person who used  :D.

You know it! :D

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3846 on: May 09, 2022, 05:09:13 AM
Fantastic day at the estate sale Saturday.  I took a huge step forward in completing my Craftsman =v= or -v-  tool set.   100 plus sockets:  SAE and Metric, 1/2, 3/8, 1/4 drive, wobble, hex, 12 point, 6 point, and 8 point.  2- 3/8 ratchets, 3/8 and 1/4 breaker bars, wrenches, and Allen wrenches.   Non Craftsman includes a lot of Large Unbrako hex wrenches, a NOS Starrett 159M screw pitch gauge in the box still plastic wrapped.  12 metric Snap-On 1/4 metric sockets. A set of Stanley nail sets, two Williams punches, two tool trays, Williams chisels, several large punches, a feeler gauge, a 2 ton MAC Tools hydraulic floor jack (Needs a rebuild).  All for the sweet price of $21.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3847 on: May 09, 2022, 05:15:32 AM
And more

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3848 on: May 09, 2022, 05:16:48 AM
And more

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #3849 on: May 09, 2022, 06:13:43 AM
That is a great haul for an excellent price !   :salute:

And you get to practice some more rust removal too as a bonus  :pok:   :rofl:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3850 on: May 09, 2022, 06:18:03 AM
That is a great haul for an excellent price !   :salute:

And you get to practice some more rust removal too as a bonus  :pok:   :rofl:

Yeah, will probably spend my savings on Evapo Rust.  :facepalm: :rofl:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3851 on: May 09, 2022, 01:40:25 PM
Dang, how come I can’t find anything, like this..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3852 on: May 09, 2022, 01:55:43 PM
Dang, how come I can’t find anything, like this..
JR

The estate sale app is fantastic.  Local for Houston is up to 50 miles from my house, but I limit the search to 15.  My favorite estate sales are the ones in areas that were solidly middle to upper middle class 30-40 years ago.    Photos help, but sometimes you have to take a flyer and just go.  Cash helps with negotiations.  This one was in my favorite area, but nothing in the photos indicated the tools were there.  I should have taken photos.  Both trays and a small box were covered in an inch of sawdust.  I didn't move any of the dust and asked for a price. The jack was almost a throw in because it is frozen.  I believe a $50 kit and some time  spent rebuilding will put it right.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3853 on: May 09, 2022, 02:01:18 PM
Twice a year we have a town wide “free” tag sale it’s so the police can collect off you, they will drive around and ticket anyone running signs and other violations, but it’s the whole town, our only problem is we only walk and can only cover like 1/8 of it, but our younger son just got his drivers license along with a very unique hatchback that has room, heck the back two seats fold down 60/40, so next time they have which will be in fall we should be set!
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3854 on: May 13, 2022, 10:35:55 PM
Ha, my turn!

Our older kids been living here for the past idk how long, but he’s been using our garage to store stuff, well he has a large crappy toolbox that I wouldn’t even take so his friend will take it, we opened it up and well there were three hammers in it, he took one and gave me the ballpeen, I was like cool, I said if anything I’d take the small draw toolbox, and he’s like “it’s yours” so I moved it over to my workbench and it felt a little weighted, so I opened it up and he was like what’s in it? I was like nothing you gave it to me, “dude what’s in it, naw naw, let’s see” so I opened it up and there were a few things, he took a pair of dikes and something else I think a screwdriver, but left me the rest, I must say I was going to hit him with that 6in sharpening stone if he started reaching for a few things! But here’s my find, another pair of channel locks,idk what the others are, the dikes are Utica’s? Nice little saw, and a pair of robo-grips, I had a large / small set way back in the day, but I guess I got them back! Here’s some pics
JR

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3855 on: May 14, 2022, 04:23:42 AM
Nice!  Toolbox, Channel  locks, and a ballpeen hammer? Bonus!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3856 on: May 14, 2022, 02:35:41 PM
Yeah but the best part was the price, nothing! :neener:
Yet there’s a old wood claw sitting in the other large box in which he’s just giving to a friend, I just might go back out and make it a pair :think:
JR

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3857 on: May 14, 2022, 02:51:38 PM
Yeah but the best part was the price, nothing! :neener:
Yet there’s a old wood claw sitting in the other large box in which he’s just giving to a friend, I just might go back out and make it a pair :think:
JR

Can't beat free!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3858 on: May 14, 2022, 09:31:06 PM
Can't beat free!
Nope, and I went out and got that hammer too, I forget what name it was, yet there was also just a head, the claw was a little on the curved side but hey, can’t beat free!
JR

Maybe I’ll go out and sneak a pic,,

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3859 on: May 14, 2022, 10:16:52 PM
Here’s a few pics, the one is a Vaughan 999L 20 oz Smooth Face Rip Hammer 16" Handle, still in production and $30, the head of the other is a Plumb, idk weight, but again still in production but they switched to fiberglass, I’m going to guess a 20oz cause I found someone on eBay with the same identical hammer shape and all just with a wood handle and they want $20,
So I guess I’ll have to get a handle kit for if and when I fix these up and make them shine,,
JR

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Reply #3860 on: May 22, 2022, 03:38:29 AM
Nice tool hauls y'all!

I got to the flea market today and brought home a few cutting tools, including a couple of less than common Case knives. Quality scissors are always worth having around.

* 20220521_205719 (686 x 515).jpg (Filesize: 45.64 KB)
Jason - N4RBZ- A Harley can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no Harley____O~`o__

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3861 on: May 22, 2022, 03:46:05 AM
Interesting find,,
JR

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3862 on: May 22, 2022, 04:35:11 AM
Nice tool hauls y'all!

I got to the flea market today and brought home a few cutting tools, including a couple of less than common Case knives. Quality scissors are always worth having around.

Score!    :tu:
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3863 on: May 22, 2022, 05:37:01 AM
 :iagree: :tu:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3864 on: May 30, 2022, 12:34:50 AM
Last day of an estate sale in my neighborhood. Craftsman pipe clamp, 11/32 nut driver, screwdriver, and pocket 4-way driver. Klein nut driver. Stanley screwdrivers and utility knife. Mercedes Benz wrench, 4 inch Diamalloy adjustable wrench, and a Lenox jab saw handle. Plus a
Box of deck screws and a box of sandpaper.

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Reply #3865 on: June 02, 2022, 04:02:30 AM
Nice variety in that haul, Yada  :like:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3866 on: June 02, 2022, 05:12:10 AM
Thank you sir.  :salute:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3867 on: June 02, 2022, 05:37:39 PM
You find some good things.  Taking a bit of a break myself from the fleamarket.   I find some great things but I also want to carry each new thing  :rofl:

I'll go back in July since part of the trip there is all the walking we do and chatting with the sellers we've come to know. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3868 on: June 05, 2022, 12:33:45 AM
Today’s estate sale buy. Craftsman quick wrenches , metric 11-16mm. Inside read folding rule,  4 inch combination square, and some sort of gauge marked General Model No. 23.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3869 on: June 05, 2022, 01:19:58 AM
Ha, an inside read stick ruler, finally got one! :clap:
Is it both inside or a inside and outside?
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%