Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Spyderco...man 2 ,CTS-XHP Folage Green,my thoughts! work in progress!!!!!

John · 9 · 1075

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Hi guys bare with me while(A work in progress) I present you with the Spyderco manix 2 carpenter steel  :salute:

On opening the box you're presented with  :drool: quality in every-way you'd expect from a established production knife maker,and as you know Spyderco  use some custom knife makers to instill unique designs  ;) "and tho not unique in the fact that they use a leaf blade" the steel used is! CTS-XHP,sharp!  :o

funny thing is? when I picked up this knife for the first time I thought man this is light weight  :ahhh  :think: at 4.2 oz it cant be up to much  :ahhh well I was wrong  :salute:

So like I said a work in progress,more pics and updates as my love affair blossoms  :D

So! I present the ,SPYDERMAN 2  DRESSED IN GREEN! :D

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 10:10:31 PM by John »

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Looking good so far mate :drool:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Right?

That's a very nice looking knife.  Clean lines.  What's up with the steel used?  Special supersteel thingy?

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Right?

That's a very nice looking knife.  Clean lines.  What's up with the steel used?  Special supersteel thingy?

sorry I didn't want you to think it's special  :ahhh only that Spyderco have only just started using(carpenter steel D2) (stainless) I believe  :think: ,AGAIN  :ahhh if indeed they've used it before  :salute:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 10:30:06 PM by John »

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
very nice john, good for spider hunting  :D   :tu:

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
very nice john, good for spider hunting  :D   :tu:
One thing I  have a passion for Paul :D,SPIDERS! I never  :twak: them   :D

[edit] Oh and that includes (NOT A SPIDER  :D) ,YELLOW JACKETS  :salute:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 10:43:56 PM by John »

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
How do you feel about the exposed teeth on liners? The ones on back of handle is the only thing kept me from buying one.

Right?

That's a very nice looking knife.  Clean lines.  What's up with the steel used?  Special supersteel thingy?

People say it's like a stainless version of D2 (although D2 is quite stain resistant to begin with). Carpenter's steel has only started to be used in knives so no one really knows much about them yet.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
I have one and have used it allot. It has to be one of my favorite Spyderco's. I'm by no means a steel expert. But I have found that this Carpenter steel to be really cool. Mine came amazingly sharp and it held that same sharpness for a long time of use. When it came time to touch it up for the first time it was really easy to sharpen and takes a polished edge really well.
"

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
that is one of the only spydies which has a shape I like, because the hole is within the blade shape, not stuck up on top, which ruins it for me normally.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%