Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Any Fisherman here?

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Re: Any Fisherman here?
Reply #30 on: June 14, 2010, 03:15:21 PM
Ah guys I went fishing today! I caught some really fat perch (we eat what we catch, and perch is one of my favorites here) but my mom caught a five pound bass (her first fish ever! Can you believe that?) and my dad caught a great big crappie- the first crappie anyone has ever caught in that pond.  :o

It was grand. :)

Only I started to lose faith in my beloved SOG knives... The field pup I have kept on dulling and so was doing worse and worse when I was gutting and scaling the fish.  :cry:

The Gerber EVO I had in my pocket ended up doing a much better job.  ??? ??? ???

You're killing me, SOG! First the bad customer service, now this!  :cry:

Slightly back on topic again: Does anyone here have any experience with Shakespeare Ugly Stiks? I'm thinking about getting one.
Im sure the blade on the Pup is too thick, you need to use a fishing knife.  (I love my PPP and am protective of it....so stop it! :) )
If you have any left over fried Perch, Ill take it.  Its breakfast time and I love cold fried fish for breakfast.

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 05:00:09 PM
nelly- He's referring to Leatherman123, who lied about his age, status, occupation, and possessions, and is now banned.

cgk- Actually it isn't very thick- I've used thicker on fish. I don't think that's the issue. All I've been doing is cutting off the fish's head and then scraping the scales off, then cutting it open along the bottom and pulling the innards out. Any respectable knife should be able to do all of that easily. I do have a fillet knife for when I do fillet on occasion. It would probably end up doing a poorer job because I don't know how the thin blade would stand up to fish decapitation duties...
I love all my SOG stuff too! They just have been disappointing me lately.  :cry:

And we having fried them yet, actually! We're freezing them and then coming back next week to catch a few more fish before we dine.   ;)
[

us Offline nelly1974

• No Life Club
  • Pitbulls are people too
Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 09:17:04 PM
nelly- He's referring to Leatherman123, who lied about his age, status, occupation, and possessions, and is now banned.
  He claimed all those things Zack mentioned were lost? :o
[

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: June 14, 2010, 09:59:41 PM
I'm not going to drag his name in the mud anymore than I have with the initial post I made.  If you want to know more there are threads here on the forum outlining it.  I'm glad you found a friend in him, I'm sure he need some.

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #34 on: June 14, 2010, 10:04:04 PM
  He claimed all those things Zack mentioned were lost? :o

He claimed he has a whole bunch of things, but whenever people ask for pic for proof, either his camera or the said object fell off his boat while fishing.

us Offline nelly1974

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: June 14, 2010, 10:14:12 PM
 Hmmmm...
I did not know that about Nikko. All I can say is when he was on this site we traded and he never did me wrong and I have traded with him since his ban and even though he has nothing to lose by cheating me he hasn't. I think he probably said those things to fit in and maybe to cover up his young age. I have noticed a somewhat more mature and and more straight to the point guy now then what he use to be. Maybe this ban helped him to see the consequences of dishonesty.
I am a firm believer that people can change especially some one as young as Nikko.
[

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010, 07:08:04 AM
I'm not sure of the relevance this has, but as most of the members on this site probably know, I am younger than Nikko. I have been on this site since I was thirteen (I'm nearing sixteen now).
[

us Offline nelly1974

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: June 17, 2010, 01:39:54 AM
I'm not sure of the relevance this has, but as most of the members on this site probably know, I am younger than Nikko. I have been on this site since I was thirteen (I'm nearing sixteen now).
  Well the relevance is that at a younger age people sometimes get caught up in image embelleshments or uncontollable addictions etc etc.
Maybe you don't have the weaknesses that Nikko has displayed but i assure you if you haven't already you will do something that you will regret and hopefully change for the better. And if you do, you sure wouldnt want people holding it against you forever. Don't get me wrong i think he got what he deserved but if, and this is a big IF,if he made right his wrongs then he should be given the benefit of the doubt. Just MY opinion.
[

us Offline Pacu

Reply #38 on: June 17, 2010, 01:47:51 AM
Is being banned a forever thing? Think he could come back on a trial basis? He has been gone for almost a year now..maybe he has learned.  I had a bad trade with the guy but he sure did love multitools. Maybe a poll to see if the community would want to give the guy a chance at redemption. or not.  :cheers:
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline nelly1974

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: June 17, 2010, 01:51:29 AM
Is being banned a forever thing? Think he could come back on a trial basis? He has been gone for almost a year now..maybe he has learned.  I had a bad trade with the guy but he sure did love multitools. Maybe a poll to see if the community would want to give the guy a chance at redemption. or not.  :cheers:
I think that's a good idea, and it shows what great character you have that despite being a victim of his, you are willing give him another chance.
Thumbs up to you dude :tu:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 02:14:05 AM by nelly1974 »
[

us Offline Pacu

Reply #40 on: June 17, 2010, 04:08:31 AM

:tu:

nice signature btw.....i love that show.

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: June 17, 2010, 06:44:12 AM
  Well the relevance is that at a younger age people sometimes get caught up in image embelleshments or uncontollable addictions etc etc.
Maybe you don't have the weaknesses that Nikko has displayed but i assure you if you haven't already you will do something that you will regret and hopefully change for the better. And if you do, you sure wouldnt want people holding it against you forever. Don't get me wrong i think he got what he deserved but if, and this is a big IF,if he made right his wrongs then he should be given the benefit of the doubt. Just MY opinion.
I meant I wasn't sure if it was really relevant for me to mention my age. The relevance of Nikko's age in regard to his actions is high.
[

us Offline nelly1974

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: June 17, 2010, 12:42:18 PM
I meant I wasn't sure if it was really relevant for me to mention my age. The relevance of Nikko's age in regard to his actions is high.
oh ok, sorry for my misunderstanding.
[

us Offline nelly1974

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: June 17, 2010, 12:45:05 PM
  being that this thread has to do with fishing and Pacu brought it up, lets see a show of hands of those who think River Monsters ROCKS!!!
[

us Offline Pacu

Reply #44 on: June 18, 2010, 01:01:56 AM

whenever i get my 1000 plus gallon aquarium i'm getting one of these.

us Offline nelly1974

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: June 18, 2010, 03:54:02 AM

whenever i get my 1000 plus gallon aquarium i'm getting one of these.
That was my favorite episode, "The Demon Fish"
I also loved the one on the Bull sharks invading Fresh water.
Awesome, Awesome show. My 2nd favorite is Deadliest Warrior.
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD