Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A strange little Squirt P4....

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: A strange little Squirt P4....
Reply #60 on: May 03, 2014, 02:03:51 PM
It does indeed look like the fabled Solar Yellow P4. :cheers: Congrats on the find. Now that we know these really exist you have to get a good condition one, right? :pok:
If I find one that no one else notices I'd be happy to buy it.  Actually another Mto member also noticed this one, but he and I have an "ebay buyers cartel" arrangement, so after discussion on who was prepared to bid the highest he backed off and let me make the running on this one - thanks DT  :tu:

So there are two unicorns for LM collectors now. A solar yellow Squirt P4 and a green Juice S2. :ahhh
I'm pretty sure LM also made at least one orange Squirt (someone here beat me on that one a while back)  :(  ;)  I suspect there are probably a few "odd" coloured Squirts and Juices around, but because they are rare we don't often see them.  I have a couple of pink Squirts.

I've downloaded the auction pictures and attached them for posterity. ;)

Thanks  :tu:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #61 on: May 03, 2014, 03:33:17 PM
It does indeed look like the fabled Solar Yellow P4. :cheers: Congrats on the find. Now that we know these really exist you have to get a good condition one, right? :pok:
If I find one that no one else notices I'd be happy to buy it.  Actually another Mto member also noticed this one, but he and I have an "ebay buyers cartel" arrangement, so after discussion on who was prepared to bid the highest he backed off and let me make the running on this one - thanks DT  :tu:

That's a very cool arrangement you two have. No sense in bidding each other up if you can come to an agreement on who gets which one, and then you can give each other a heads up on the next one that comes along. :hatsoff:
So there are two unicorns for LM collectors now. A solar yellow Squirt P4 and a green Juice S2. :ahhh
I'm pretty sure LM also made at least one orange Squirt (someone here beat me on that one a while back)  :( ;)  I suspect there are probably a few "odd" coloured Squirts and Juices around, but because they are rare we don't often see them.  I have a couple of pink Squirts.

Ah, yes, I remember that one. :D Bob also has a prototype translucent Juice, one of two known to be in existence. 

I mostly stopped looking through US ebay due to expensive shipping charges and the global shipping program they have now. :facepalm: European ebays have some hidden treasures too. I found a chrome plated Wave with those weird screws a while back on ebay.de, third one that we know of, but the seller was asking 150 Euro for it. I think a MTO member got it in the end.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #62 on: May 05, 2014, 05:28:40 AM
So the rumored yellow squirt really does exist eh? :) Why am I not surprised - seems like the folks at Leatherman must love to do special P4 runs and not tell anyone. >:( :D

Here are the other "special color" Squirts that I know of:

purple

orange

black
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #63 on: May 05, 2014, 06:11:46 AM
The Orange and Black.  :drool:
I'm the milk man!

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #64 on: July 31, 2014, 12:37:38 PM
........  seems like the folks at Leatherman must love to do special P4 runs and not tell anyone. >:( :D
And it seems that there is at least one green P4 in existance (I've just seen a photo of one sent to me by an MTo member, who has also scored an orange translucent Juice as well - Lucky Smurf, I'm very jealous   :drool:  )
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:41:47 PM by gregozedobe »
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%