Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone have experience with Spyderco Warranty Service?

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
I absolutely loooove my toxic green endura wave, but....the locking mechanism doesn't work, so I need to send it in for service.  I'm just nervous because its my favorite Spyderco and I hate having it out of my sight or thinking of it lost in the mail.

Kind of like leaving your dog with a petsitter for the first time.... :)

Any suggestions?  Advice?
Thanks!
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Anyone have experience with Spyderco Warranty Service?
Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 03:07:19 PM
Insurance, plus registered mail.  It may cost a few extra dollars, but if anything goes wrong, it's a chance to at least get your money back.

Despite what people say, USPS isn't all that bad, and it's rare that anything really goes wrong, so you should be ok.  You are simply going the extra mile to drop the chances of anything going wrong from one in twenty thousand to one on fifty thousand!

Still, if anything does go wrong and you don't have it sent registered mail, then neither Spyderco nor USPS will do anything to compensate you.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 04:10:32 PM
Insurance, plus registered mail.  It may cost a few extra dollars, but if anything goes wrong, it's a chance to at least get your money back.

Despite what people say, USPS isn't all that bad, and it's rare that anything really goes wrong, so you should be ok.  You are simply going the extra mile to drop the chances of anything going wrong from one in twenty thousand to one on fifty thousand!

Still, if anything does go wrong and you don't have it sent registered mail, then neither Spyderco nor USPS will do anything to compensate you.

Def

Thanks buddy!  Want to cover all bases!
FC
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

00 Offline jim guy

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 04:32:09 PM
spydercos warranty is good, but request exact same model if repacement is needed. I have on 2 occasions have had different models sent to me instead of the model sent in. Both knives were repairable.

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 05:04:26 PM
spydercos warranty is good, but request exact same model if repacement is needed. I have on 2 occasions have had different models sent to me instead of the model sent in. Both knives were repairable.

Really appreciate this bit of info!  I'd be veeeeery unhappy if another model was sent out.  Thanks!

-Dylan Thomas

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD