Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Black SD with US Army crest and no Vic Cross?

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Black SD with US Army crest and no Vic Cross?
on: June 29, 2010, 05:55:33 PM
I've seen Vics w/logos before but not one without the Vic cross.  Is this common?
Thanks
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Black SD with US Army crest and no Vic Cross?
Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 06:10:05 PM
It is for certain armed forces knives:  Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Federal Bureau of Investigations, just to name the ones I've seen.  Certain ones were also made for larger knives, especially the 91mm line. :)

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 06:14:11 PM
It is for certain armed forces knives:  Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Federal Bureau of Investigations, just to name the ones I've seen.  Certain ones were also made for larger knives, especially the 91mm line. :)

Cool , thanks!  Never seen one before
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 06:46:55 PM
US Navy -
DEA -
DOJ/FBI -
US Space Command -
Space Command -
Department of State -
Rare - US Air Force 1st side -
RareUS Air Force 2nd side with US Air Training Command seal on the back -

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 07:55:22 PM
US Navy -
DEA -
DOJ/FBI -
US Space Command -
Space Command -
Department of State -
Rare - US Air Force 1st side -
RareUS Air Force 2nd side with US Air Training Command seal on the back -

You seem to be missing the Dept of the Army one... :pok: :pok:

-Dylan Thomas

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 08:38:57 PM
No, they are just so common I have never taken a photo of mine as my Photography skillz are not too grand.

Here is a list of the normal Military Seal marked Classics;
  • US Army - in Black(Common)
  • US Air Force - in Blue(Common)
  • US Navy - in Blue(HTF)
  • US Coast Guard - in Red(Rare)
  • US Marines - in Red(HTF)

Those other ones I have are not really regular runs but probably special orders for certain Government agencies. The US Air Force one that I have listed above might be a special ordered run too since I have only seen this one example. Typical prices realized for used examples of the above(of course it depends on condition) is;

US Army $5 or less
US Air Force $5 or less
US Navy $15-$20
US Marines $15-$20
US Coast Guard $45(I have only seen one example sell on eBay)

Obviously sometimes you can find a real deal but these prices are about right. The Commissary, PX, or on-base store used to carry these at the different bases around the world. I have been told they have mostly been sold out for quite awhile and there is evidently no future orders that will be placed with Victorinox.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 08:42:55 PM by stressmaster5000 »

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 08:41:39 PM
      No, they are just so common I have never taken a photo of mine as my Photography skillz are not too grand.

• US Army
      - in Black(Common)
      • US Air Force
      - in Blue(Common)
      • US Navy
      - in Blue(HTF)
      • US Coast Guard
      - in Red(Rare)
      • US Marines
      - in Red(HTF)

Those other ones I have are not really regular runs but probably special orders for certain Government agencies. The US Air Force one that I have listed above might be a special ordered run too since I have only seen this one example. Typical prices realized for used examples of the above(of course it depends on condition) is;

US Army $5 or less
    US Air Force $5 or less
    US Navy $15-$20
    US Marines $15-$20

Obviously sometimes you can find a real deal but these prices are about right. The Commissary, PX, or on-base store used to carry these at the different bases around the world. I have been told they have mostly been sold out for quite awhile and there is evidently no future orders that will be placed with Victorinox.[/list]

Hehe, was worth a try!  :)

-Dylan Thomas

• No Life Club
    Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 11:52:07 PM
    Oh, and there were US Marines and US Navy Spartans made as well. I am unsure if any of the other services had Spartans since I have yet to see them.

us Offline bren10man

Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 05:01:10 PM
    The PX/BX's here in Korea have AMPLE supply of Army and Air Force crested Classics. 

I bought an Army classic in 1991, still have it back in the States in Storage.

14 days and 1 wake up from now, I will be on a plane back home!!!!
    MOLON LABE!

• No Life Club
    Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 05:35:25 PM
    The PX/BX's here in Korea have AMPLE supply of Army and Air Force crested Classics. 

Congrats Bren!  Godspeed and safe journey!

-Dylan Thomas

• No Life Club
    Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 06:24:52 PM

As mentioned above its the rare ones that will probably be worth a ton later on down the road. IE, US Coast Guard, US Marines, US Navy.

Also on another interesting Government classics side note, there are several Presidential Classics as well. President Johnson(LBJ) was evidently the first of several presidents to have these made as a give-away. Usually in black and the crest/seal is located in the middle of the scale. I have seen President George Bush SR. versions as well as a Dan Quayle Vice-President version. I think there is a Ronald Reagan classic. I know there are more but can't remember them right now. My photo archives are in a computer that crashed.

• No Life Club
    Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 06:58:34 PM

As mentioned above its the rare ones that will probably be worth a ton later on down the road. IE, US Coast Guard, US Marines, US Navy.

Also on another interesting Government classics side note, there are several Presidential Classics as well. President Johnson(LBJ) was evidently the first of several presidents to have these made as a give-away. Usually in black and the crest/seal is located in the middle of the scale. I have seen President George Bush SR. versions as well as a Dan Quayle Vice-President version. I think there is a Ronald Reagan classic. I know there are more but can't remember them right now. My photo archives are in a computer that crashed.
    :rofl:

-Dylan Thomas

• No Life Club
    Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 07:29:06 PM

Evidently the list is rather short for US Presidential Classics;
    • Lyndon B. Johnson - reportedly gave away 4,000 of the knives embossed with his signature.
    • Ronald Regan
    • George H. Bush
    • Bill Clinton
    And for Vice-Presidents it comes down to only 2;
    • Dan Quayle
    • Dick Cheney

• No Life Club
    Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 03:55:26 PM

• US Army - in Black(Common)
    • US Air Force - in Blue(Common)
    • US Navy - in Blue(HTF)
    • US Coast Guard - in Red(Rare)
    • US Marines - in Red(HTF)

US Army $5 or less
    US Air Force $5 or less
    US Navy $15-$20
    US Marines $15-$20

Obviously sometimes you can find a real deal but these prices are about right. The Commissary, PX, or on-base store used to carry these at the different bases around the world. I have been told they have mostly been sold out for quite awhile and there is evidently no future orders that will be placed with Victorinox.

Hey I sent you a pm.  Found a nice Coast Guard one!

-Dylan Thomas

• No Life Club
    Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 05:41:39 AM
    I wanted to link this thread with another one that displays and continues this Government issue type Classics theme.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,22787.msg421085.html#msg421085

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
    Donate with PayPal!
    April Goal: $300.00
    Due Date: Apr 30
    Total Receipts: $158.99
    PayPal Fees: $9.20
    Net Balance: $149.79
    Below Goal: $150.21
    Site Currency: USD