Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My favorite multi-tool

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
My favorite multi-tool
on: June 24, 2010, 08:06:41 PM
Hey, I found a great brand of my favorite multi-tool. (for the slow ones here it's duck tape)
Usually when I buy Ducktape I buy Duck brand. They have great quality ducktape but it's certainly not the cheapest. I was at an Ace hardware store a few days ago and, of course, was looking at their ducktape when I got to looking at the Ace brand. It looked tightly woven. The cheap loosely woven brands are notoriously hard to tear cleanly. It also looked like it had decent thickness. No thin glue here.

I bought a roll and I gotta admit I like it. Better priced than the Duck brand but honestly quality wise I can't tell much of a difference. So you US guys need to go there and get a couple rolls.

ATTN*** Mods, I wasn't sure where to put this. I'm under a good deal of prescribed pain medication so my thinking may be off but I am reviewing a new "multi-tool" so I felt it belonged here.  :D :D :D :D Please feel free to move it. I'm feeling pretty warm and fuzzy ATM.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: My favorite multi-tool
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 10:19:13 PM
Fine where  it is I think mate :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline 82brutus

Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 11:28:10 PM
You can definitely fix almost anything with ducktape.  The only exception I can think of so far was an incident with a Pontiac I had a long time ago.  I made the mistake of asking if it was a possibility that the distributor cap was letting in moisture and that's what was causing the intermittent engine failure while driving down the road, the fix from the dealership was to put a plastic baggy on it and then duct tape it all together.  It didn't fix the problem.  :ahhh 

Other than that.. ducktape can fix anything.   :tu:
“We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...give us the tools and we will finish the job.” - Winston Churchill

us Offline turbov21

Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 06:27:47 PM
Personally, I prefer Gorilla Tape these days.  Popular Mechanics gave it a good review, and since then we've used it around the house for everything from a temporary wheelchair sling when my seat broke to packing up boxes to ship across country.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 06:57:10 PM
Gorilla tape is just top of the line duck tape.  ;) ;) And it IS great stuff but it's also pricey. Unless I absolutely NEED it I tend to save it for emergencies. The Ace brand stuff is great for every day stuff.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 07:07:03 PM
http://www.duckbrand.com/Duck%20Tape%20Club.aspx
http://www.wikihow.com/Category:Duct-Tape-Crafts

i need a new roll of tape...great for garage sale signs tomorrow.
:like:    :MTO:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 07:13:23 PM
I love ducktape, i use it on most of my packages i send, beefs them up a bit  :D

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 07:30:04 PM
The one thing about Gorilla tape is, it gets very stiff when cold.  For example, I use Duct tape to hold parts of the hoop house to other parts.  Regular duct tape stays flexible in the low 30's.  The Gorilla tape got stiff and parts came apart because the glue couldn't hold them together without some flex from the tape.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 09:47:26 PM
Interesting Mr W- I have noticed that cold weather seems to take it's toll on a lot of different tapes- maybe this inter I'll have to try a few different brands and see which one works best in our cold, wet part of the world!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 06:56:56 PM
+1 for duct dape!!!
Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

Offline Multitaskertools

Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 07:47:24 PM
The Japanese make this awesome tape that is very moldable(sp) and very adherent. Yet you can tear it with your hands. Cool stuff.

:drool:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD