Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Spudley112 in the hizzie!

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Spudley112 in the hizzie!
on: September 05, 2007, 03:45:10 PM
Wazzup!? Since the Swisstool has made me a hard core multitool fan, I decided it was time to come over from SOSAK and visit. I see we have a bunch of SOSAKers here too...sweet.

It occurred to me last week, that the Swisstool has become a major part of my preferred equipment when I went fishing with the kids. The knife I threw in my belt pouch was the Swisstool, which has an infinite number of uses.

It is funny, but I used to deplore the multitools that were available. I guess it was because they all seemed to be a pair of pliers with a knife blade thrown on as an afterthough. They also seemed to always have the blade on the wrong side as far as I was concerned. The Swisstool definitely changed my thoughts on the multitools.

Anyway, I look foward to reading through several of the posts here as I catch up with all that is going on!

Dale Daniels
SOSAKer extreme
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Spudley112 in the hizzie!
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 05:48:39 PM
I started a welcome post in the General forum for you! 

Welcome to Multitool.org anyways Spud!  I think you'll like it here- it's kinda like "New SOSAK" some days! :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 06:42:35 PM
Welcome Dale!

Yes, the SwissTool definitely has a way of converting non-believers into true disciples of the Multitool Cult. It's only a matter of time now...soon you'll be one of us!  >:D

(and yes, in case you were wondering, it is entirely permissable to be a card-carrying member of the SOSAK cult and the Multitool cult at the same time. I believe there is a clause to that effect written right into the by-laws......)   ;)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 06:46:53 PM
Aren't SAK's "Multi - tools?"  :pok:
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 06:58:47 PM
Ouch!
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 07:19:52 PM
Watch Spudley  ;D Looking forward to hearing about your fishing adventures with your swisstool . What kind of fishing do you do ?

Dunc

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 09:05:13 PM
have been hitting the trout fishing pretty hard the last couple of years, but I am up for any kind that the kids can enjoy. My biggest outdoor passion is in hunting and doing small survival classes and camping trips with the kids.

Some guys give me flak at work for taking the kids out for survival training...goodness knows the media paints a grim picture, but it really makes a lot of sense. I read too many stories about lost children in the forest and I want to ensure they know what to do in those situations.

Last year there was a news story about a kid who got lost in the western US. The media made it out like the kid was some great survivor after they found him a few days later, but I saw something quite different. They touted him as a Boy Scout, but it was the kid he was camping with that was the boy scout. Anyway, in the story they told how they found him on the shore of a lake and he was dehydrated. Hmmm, do you think he knows that lakes are made of water? He also told rescuers that he has seen them two days earlier, but he had hidden from them because he was afraid he would get in trouble. Not what I call a skilled survivor.

The kids have learned tons over the last year and I will continue to teach them what I can. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 01:27:59 PM
I wonder how much more trouble he got in when they found out he was purposely hiding from rescuers?   :twak:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 07:16:36 PM
Id be concerned with the rescuers.  They couldnt find a kid that was obviously within sight?  The kid might have been a master at hiding. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%