Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Book Sale

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Book Sale
on: May 01, 2010, 03:16:02 AM
Ok, given the fact that I've not had that much luck with getting rid of a couple books - and the fact that I kinda went entirely overboard at the Friends of the Library booksale last week - I thought I'd make a new thread here.  Books are in various conditions, ranging from excellent to heavily used (though heavily used only applies for one, which will be listed as such).  Likewise, all books are hardback unless noted otherwise.

By John Grisham:
The Client - autographed, first edition - $30
The Chamber - autographed, first edition - $30
The Rainmaker - autographed, first edition - $30
The Breathren - first edition - $20
The Testament - first edition - $20
The Broker - $15
The Street Lawyer - first edition - $20
The Appeal - first edition - $20
The Runaway Jury - first edition - $20

By Arthur Hailey
Airport - in average shape, paperback - $5

Others:
Caesar de Bello Gallico, copyright 1883 - this is the rough shape/heavy user book, but it definitely has personality.  Despite being a revised edition, the inside blank page has a date of "Jan 13-'05" (1905) and is mostly in Latin.  The Appendix pages have been partially cut to provide easy-reference tabs between the sections.  Definitely a book with a lot of history and uniqueness. - $25
Veritas, Deluxe Edition, 62nd printing, 1969 - in like-new condition - $20
Hidden Kitchens - $5
Jade, A Novel of China, by Pat Barr - first edition, has seen heavy use; part of binding has come undone allowing for a large chunk of pages to be together, but separate from the book's binding, however is not missing any pages - $5
Karjala - The Epic Poems of Finland - in a damaged wooden book case, however unnoticeable unless viewed from bottom end, printed in either Russian or Finnish - $10
The Captain's Daughter, by Peter David - Star Trek (Original Series) #76 - $5

Will add more in time, depending on how I like other books I have; if someone happens to get the Arthur Hailey novel, I might have two additional novels of his, Strong Medicine and Hotel, available soon, just as a head's up.

As usual, these above costs do not include Paypal (if applicable), nor do they include shipping fees; shipping fees are always at cost to me.  Furthermore, if someone likes reading Star Trek novels, or is interested in the entire original run of Star Trek:  The Magazine, let me know.

Thanks,
Sazabi

us Offline Sazabi

Re: Book Sale
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 06:38:25 AM
Also adding with a bump:

Hacker Cracker - A Journey from the Mean Streets of Brooklyn to the Frontiers of Cyberspace by Ejovi Nuwere with David Chanoff, new, first edition - $15

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 11:27:39 PM
John Grisham sale:  buy all three autographed first editions for $75; buy the other five first editions for $75.  Get all eight and I throw in The Broker as a thank you. :)

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 10:06:03 PM
Adding Starfleet Year One, by Michael Jan Friedman, for $5. :)

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 05:04:43 PM
Adding the Star Trek:  Invasion! tetralogy - $10 for all four novels, not including shipping.

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 06:51:38 PM
By John Grisham:
The Client - autographed, first edition - $20
The Chamber - autographed, first edition - $20
The Rainmaker - autographed, first edition - $20
The Breathren - first edition - $18
The Testament - first edition - $18
The Broker - $14
The Street Lawyer - first edition - $18
The Appeal - first edition - $18
The Runaway Jury - first edition - $18

By Arthur Hailey
Airport - in average shape, paperback - $4

Others:
Caesar de Bello Gallico, copyright 1883 - this is the rough shape/heavy user book, but it definitely has personality.  Despite being a revised edition, the inside blank page has a date of "Jan 13-'05" (1905) and is mostly in Latin.  The Appendix pages have been partially cut to provide easy-reference tabs between the sections.  Definitely a book with a lot of history and uniqueness. - $23
Veritas, Deluxe Edition, 62nd printing, 1969 - in like-new condition - $18
Hidden Kitchens - $5
Jade, A Novel of China, by Pat Barr - first edition, has seen heavy use; part of binding has come undone allowing for a large chunk of pages to be together, but separate from the book's binding, however is not missing any pages - $5
Karjala - The Epic Poems of Finland - in a damaged wooden book case, however unnoticeable unless viewed from bottom end, printed in either Russian or Finnish - $10
The Captain's Daughter, by Peter David - Star Trek (Original Series) #76 - $5
Hacker Cracker - A Journey from the Mean Streets of Brooklyn to the Frontiers of Cyberspace by Ejovi Nuwere with David Chanoff, new, first edition - $15
Starfleet Year One, by Michael Jan Friedman, for $5
Star Trek:  Invasion! tetralogy - $10 for all four novels

Price drop on the John Grishams; also, if anyone is interested in lots of sci-fi books, contact me.

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 02:49:11 AM
These and other books will be listed on Craigslist soon; bump until then.

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 08:00:00 PM
Bump with notification of the books, plus quite a few others, also now on Craigslist. :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%