Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your latest SAK? 2172939

Sr. Member Posts: 286
Re: What's your latest SAK?
« Reply #35790 on: August 21, 2021, 10:39:43 AM »
Another BYSAK, but this one is in amazing condition for a 65 Wenger M61 with red scales - sadly it wasn’t cheap…..
Aaaah! A ‘65. Looking for one of those myself. Nice one Rizio. Colour me envious.  :like:

We take what is offered...
Morituri Nolumus Mori
No Life Club Posts: 2,625
« Reply #35791 on: August 21, 2021, 02:31:54 PM »
Cheers, Jud65 - they do come up from time to time, next time I see one I’ll PM you. :cheers:
« Reply #35792 on: August 21, 2021, 08:26:27 PM »
 :cheers: that’d be cool

Morituri Nolumus Mori
Full Member Posts: 144
« Reply #35793 on: August 22, 2021, 08:48:37 PM »
Bantam

Sr. Member Posts: 364
« Reply #35794 on: August 22, 2021, 10:42:29 PM »
Nice bantam  :tu:
Full Member Posts: 144
« Reply #35795 on: August 23, 2021, 12:00:49 AM »
Nice bantam  :tu:

Thanks. I can't believe how much I like it.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,830
« Reply #35796 on: August 23, 2021, 04:41:32 PM »
Unusual Marlboro Big Pack Swiss Champ. Still NIB, purchased from German seller.  :cheers:

I cannot find any references to this particular promo model. LeaF has a Standard model on his web site with this type of logo design, but larger font. And I cannot find any examples of the wood-design outer sleeve. Probably dates from 1994-95 (leaflet dated 12/93 and no pliers crimper). I was going to make this a user, but it's really too nice and will go on my display shelf. Gives me an excuse to look for another Swiss Champ - I seem to be collecting these  :facepalm:

Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,972
« Reply #35797 on: August 23, 2021, 04:48:52 PM »
Nice one Max!  :like: :tu:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,830
« Reply #35798 on: August 23, 2021, 05:15:32 PM »
 :hatsoff:

Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.
« Reply #35799 on: August 25, 2021, 06:43:41 PM »
A Picnicker (?) with a chequered past…

Started out as the leftover pieces of a DAK kindly gifted me by Reinier. It lacked liners but I picked up a set on Aliex. I had also used the Philips on another mod and only had a corkscrew - one of many! Thus the PK toolset.

Finally, I took a punt on a set of Taschenmessers (on Etsy) micarta scales. Not cheap, but I have to say they look and feel gorgeous.

Took me a while to put it together but I am very pleased. Nice.

Morituri Nolumus Mori
« Reply #35800 on: August 25, 2021, 08:44:35 PM »
Cool looking SAK, Jud65 - nice work! :like: :like:
No Life Club Posts: 3,863
« Reply #35801 on: August 26, 2021, 04:40:58 AM »
:iagree: those micarta scales :drool:
« Reply #35802 on: August 26, 2021, 08:23:20 AM »
:iagree: those micarta scales :drool:
I know!!!

Thanks guys.

Morituri Nolumus Mori
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,157 \o/
« Reply #35803 on: August 28, 2021, 10:43:50 AM »
Awesome to see you've put those parts to good use Jud65!

And nice unusual SAK Max :tu:

You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.
« Reply #35804 on: August 28, 2021, 03:50:15 PM »
Awesome to see you've put those parts to good use
Just goes to show that it is really hard to kill a SAK!

Morituri Nolumus Mori
Full Member Posts: 241
« Reply #35805 on: August 28, 2021, 06:36:22 PM »
My first SwissChamp is out for delivery! :climber:

Current SAKs: Explorer, SwissChamp, Handyman (modded), Super Tinker, Tinker, Fieldmaster, Electrician, Pioneer, SwissTool
Current Leatherman tools: PST, Original Wave, Wave, Wave+, Blast, Bond, Curl
Jr. Member Posts: 60
« Reply #35806 on: August 29, 2021, 01:27:17 AM »
Hey guys! 

I'm a complete newbie here, but I'm so glad I found this forum and community.  I was about to ask what a SAK is, but then I just figured it out, Swiss Army Knives, duh!  LOL

I'm not a newbie to Swiss Army Knives, just don't know a lot about them, as I was gifted a Victorinox Recruit (learned the name of this model recently) about 15 years ago at work.  My manager gave all the staff of engineers a Swiss Army Knife one Christmas.  So the Recruit with nylon scales on mine has been a trusty companion ever since and always accompanied me in my work laptop bag, and I always reached for it whenever I needed any cutting or "MacIvering" to do to get something done!  What a quality and reliable little tool.  I recently gave it a well deserved cleaning and oiling, and it feels as good as new with that satisfying Victorinox blade snap back sound!  The scales show a little patina from years of good use, and the Victorinox logo is somewhat faded with character. 

So I bought a new "Swiss Champ" about a month ago.  Had to use up my credit card points I accumulated.  All I can say is WOW!  It's the trusty Recruit on steroids!  :)  Absolutely love it!  Such awesome quality and craftsmanship, and utility.  I saw in a youtube review someone mentioned "The Swiss Army Knife, while it won't replace the right tools, it is the right tool when there is nothing else around".  I say absolutely, in fact for cutting and MacIvering, it is the best tool.  I also heard "the best survival knife, is the knife you have on you", which is so true with the Swiss Army Knife, as they are so darn compact and light for the tools it can pack in it's little foot print, you can have one on you all the time as an EDC.

Another knife that started to appeal to me was the Huntsman, as it seemed to focus it's complement of tools for the outdoors giving you just the right tools for that.  And then I came across the Victorinox Evolution S17 with a locking blade, with a similar complement of tools as the Huntsman, so I got that, and I really like that one too. 

My little Recruit will continue to accompany me in my laptop bag for work as I love it's compactness and the extremely efficient complement of effective tools.  Learned recently from watching SAK youtube videos, that little pen blade works great as an ink eraser.  Army officers used that blade for exactly that, to gently scratch off the ink from the surface of the paper to erase mistakes, and it works like a charm.

Here are my modest complement of Swiss Army Knives so far!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 01:40:57 AM by maxdog »
« Reply #35808 on: August 29, 2021, 01:56:29 AM »
Great to have you on MTo Maxdog, an excellent cross section of SAKs you have there, small medium and large.

They do of course get smaller and bigger, but a Rambler or Manager for your keychain might be a nice addition
:cheers:
« Reply #35809 on: August 29, 2021, 02:13:15 AM »
Great to have you on MTo Maxdog, an excellent cross section of SAKs you have there, small medium and large.

They do of course get smaller and bigger, but a Rambler or Manager for your keychain might be a nice addition
:cheers:

Thanks Echotech!  Yeah I've been eyeing the Midnight Manager.  :drool:  I think my keychain has room on it.  I feel like I am on the precipice of the SAK rabbit hole, and love it!   :climber:
« Reply #35810 on: August 29, 2021, 05:55:04 AM »
Thanks Echotech!  Yeah I've been eyeing the Midnight Manager.  :drool:  I think my keychain has room on it.  I feel like I am on the precipice of the SAK rabbit hole, and love it!   :climber:
Haha you’re in the right place, we’ll understand :whistle:
No Life Club Posts: 3,311
« Reply #35811 on: August 29, 2021, 08:44:33 AM »
Hey guys! 

I'm a complete newbie here, but I'm so glad I found this forum and community.  I was about to ask what a SAK is, but then I just figured it out, Swiss Army Knives, duh!  LOL

I'm not a newbie to Swiss Army Knives, just don't know a lot about them, as I was gifted a Victorinox Recruit (learned the name of this model recently) about 15 years ago at work.  My manager gave all the staff of engineers a Swiss Army Knife one Christmas.  So the Recruit with nylon scales on mine has been a trusty companion ever since and always accompanied me in my work laptop bag, and I always reached for it whenever I needed any cutting or "MacIvering" to do to get something done!  What a quality and reliable little tool.  I recently gave it a well deserved cleaning and oiling, and it feels as good as new with that satisfying Victorinox blade snap back sound!  The scales show a little patina from years of good use, and the Victorinox logo is somewhat faded with character. 

So I bought a new "Swiss Champ" about a month ago.  Had to use up my credit card points I accumulated.  All I can say is WOW!  It's the trusty Recruit on steroids!  :)  Absolutely love it!  Such awesome quality and craftsmanship, and utility.  I saw in a youtube review someone mentioned "The Swiss Army Knife, while it won't replace the right tools, it is the right tool when there is nothing else around".  I say absolutely, in fact for cutting and MacIvering, it is the best tool.  I also heard "the best survival knife, is the knife you have on you", which is so true with the Swiss Army Knife, as they are so darn compact and light for the tools it can pack in it's little foot print, you can have one on you all the time as an EDC.

Another knife that started to appeal to me was the Huntsman, as it seemed to focus it's complement of tools for the outdoors giving you just the right tools for that.  And then I came across the Victorinox Evolution S17 with a locking blade, with a similar complement of tools as the Huntsman, so I got that, and I really like that one too. 

My little Recruit will continue to accompany me in my laptop bag for work as I love it's compactness and the extremely efficient complement of effective tools.  Learned recently from watching SAK youtube videos, that little pen blade works great as an ink eraser.  Army officers used that blade for exactly that, to gently scratch off the ink from the surface of the paper to erase mistakes, and it works like a charm.

Welcome to the forum, rabbit hole, addiction and here you will find all the support you need to keep filling a hole that can never be filled!

Soon you pop in to the modding section and who knows where that will end

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

Hero Member Posts: 624
« Reply #35812 on: August 29, 2021, 08:53:31 AM »
Hey guys! 

Welcome, maxdog! You can definitely get your fill of SAK info and stories here. Enjoy!
 :tu:

Current SAKs:
Champion "c", Bijou (3), Classic SD (5), Cavalier, Mini Champ (2nd gen.) Plus (mod), Swiss Champ (3), Explorer (3), Deluxe Tinker, Climber, Pioneer Alox, Bantam, Delemont Evolution S557, Wenger Serrated Commander, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Executive, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Wenger Traveler, Marlboro Unlimited Outdoorsman, Alox Classic SD, Spartan, Champion "a", Champion Plus, Wenger Esquire
« Reply #35813 on: August 29, 2021, 09:22:19 AM »
Welcome, Maxdog! You’ll find plenty of enabling in these parts and in a year’s time you’ll be wondering where all those SAKs came from….. :rofl:
Newbie Posts: 45
« Reply #35814 on: August 29, 2021, 04:23:32 PM »
Champ to go with my Ranger and Recruit.

. "A paperclip can be a wonderous thing. More times than I can remember, one of these has gotten me out of a tight spot."
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 21,099 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #35815 on: August 29, 2021, 08:38:39 PM »
Welcome aboard, maxdog! Nice start!

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Hero Member Posts: 829

EMZ nl

« Reply #35816 on: August 30, 2021, 11:31:51 AM »
My latest: Victorinox Camouflage McKinley (partly serrated blade).
Sr. Member Posts: 270
« Reply #35817 on: August 30, 2021, 05:47:18 PM »
Got my first Climber a few days ago, don’t know how I missed this one for so long.  :climber:

Hero Member Posts: 624
« Reply #35818 on: August 31, 2021, 01:24:17 AM »
Got my first Climber a few days ago, don’t know how I missed this one for so long.  :climber:
Climber is a great SAK. If I didn't use/need the mag glass on my Explorer regularly, my Climber would be in my rotation. As it is, it just hangs in my display.   :(

Current SAKs:
Champion "c", Bijou (3), Classic SD (5), Cavalier, Mini Champ (2nd gen.) Plus (mod), Swiss Champ (3), Explorer (3), Deluxe Tinker, Climber, Pioneer Alox, Bantam, Delemont Evolution S557, Wenger Serrated Commander, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Executive, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Wenger Traveler, Marlboro Unlimited Outdoorsman, Alox Classic SD, Spartan, Champion "a", Champion Plus, Wenger Esquire
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 21,099 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #35819 on: August 31, 2021, 11:55:05 AM »

Yup, that's a Climber, awlright!

:D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
October Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: $145.46
PayPal Fees: $7.81
Net Balance: $137.65
Below Goal: $162.35
Site Currency: USD