Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your latest SAK?

edap617 · 37505 · 2549894

us Offline Acuphys1

Re: What's your latest SAK?
Reply #35850 on: September 11, 2021, 01:48:49 AM
:like: they’re great SAK’s IMO
Perfect for use in next month’s Delemont challenge, hope to see you there
:iagree:  My first EvoGrip and I'm loving it.
What are challenges,  and how do I find out about them?

Thanks Farmer X,  you should get some cool stuff too.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Use what you have to get what you want.

au Offline Echotech

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #35851 on: September 11, 2021, 06:41:15 AM
:iagree:  My first EvoGrip and I'm loving it.
What are challenges,  and how do I find out about them?

Thanks Farmer X,  you should get some cool stuff too.

Hi Acuphys1, challenges are usually 30 days where you use a particular tool or knife for the month and post a picture of it everyday with a description of what you used it for, what you like and don’t like about it, or pretty well anything you like, at the end you usually get to apply for a badge, like the ones in my signature.…if you’re using Tapatalk try looking in a browser instead and you’ll see what I mean

Challenges are definitely the quickest way to get to know everyone and have some fun with your chosen tool. I’ll copy some links below for you to get an idea

In October we’re having the Delemont challenge for all Wenger and Victorinox Delemont SAKs, your S18 will fit in nicely. All you need to do is add your name to the list but if you just post on there and tell me you’re keen I’ll add you, read some of the recent posts for instructions

Delemont challenge October:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,86179.msg2188225.html#msg2188225

Challenges for 2021:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,85653.0.html

Instructions for getting badges:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,59292.0.html

Here a couple that are running now to give you an idea:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,87225.0.html

:cheers:

Echo
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 06:47:43 AM by Echotech »

us Offline Acuphys1

Reply #35852 on: September 11, 2021, 03:42:53 PM
Hi Acuphys1, challenges are usually 30 days where you use a particular tool or knife for the month and post a picture of it everyday with a description of what you used it for, what you like and don’t like about it, or pretty well anything you like, at the end you usually get to apply for a badge, like the ones in my signature.…if you’re using Tapatalk try looking in a browser instead and you’ll see what I mean

Challenges are definitely the quickest way to get to know everyone and have some fun with your chosen tool. I’ll copy some links below for you to get an idea

In October we’re having the Delemont challenge for all Wenger and Victorinox Delemont SAKs, your S18 will fit in nicely. All you need to do is add your name to the list but if you just post on there and tell me you’re keen I’ll add you, read some of the recent posts for instructions

Delemont challenge October:

Challenges for 2021:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,85653.0.html

Instructions for getting badges:

Here a couple that are running now to give you an idea:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,87225.0.html

:cheers:

Echo

Sounds like fun......... :think:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 03:49:51 PM by Acuphys1 »

us Offline Acuphys1

Reply #35853 on: September 11, 2021, 03:47:15 PM

Well Echo...checking how involved it would be.  Seems like quite a bit of time. Or is it?
Also been trying to figure out using Tapatalk on the web. This is my first time quoting and responding.  :rant:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 03:52:23 PM by Acuphys1 »

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #35854 on: September 11, 2021, 03:57:16 PM
 :mail:

[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Reply #35855 on: September 11, 2021, 10:31:04 PM
Nice one, Glenfiddich1983! :like: :like:

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #35856 on: September 11, 2021, 10:37:48 PM
Thanks!  :cheers:
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #35857 on: September 12, 2021, 12:31:44 AM
Nice score, Glenfiddich1983!
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

au Offline Echotech

Reply #35858 on: September 12, 2021, 02:42:08 AM
Well Echo...checking how involved it would be.  Seems like quite a bit of time. Or is it?
Also been trying to figure out using Tapatalk on the web. This is my first time quoting and responding.  :rant:

I find it’s best to just use the normal site in a browser and Tapatalk as an app but up to you.
For multiple quotes, the website in a browser is better, but for photo uploading the Tapatalk app is better as it doesn’t limit the photo size

Most challenges just require you to post a daily photo usually with a quick description but just a photo is mostly fine. Of course people want to know what you used your tool for, so a picture of you opening a box or cutting a tomato or whatever are the norm, but just a photo of the tool is also acceptable, known as a glamour shot. You can be as creative as you want, but don’t have to be.

The whole process needn’t take more than two minutes a day but as you get more involved you’ll probably find you want to share more but up to you.

As you know we’re a friendly lot here so there’s never any massive pressure or anything

You’ll find it’s good fun and very quick to be in a challenge, and get to know everyone far quicker than you would otherwise, hope to see you next month

:tu: :cheers:

us Offline Acuphys1

Reply #35859 on: September 12, 2021, 05:33:35 AM
I find it’s best to just use the normal site in a browser and Tapatalk as an app but up to you.
For multiple quotes, the website in a browser is better, but for photo uploading the Tapatalk app is better as it doesn’t limit the photo size

Most challenges just require you to post a daily photo usually with a quick description but just a photo is mostly fine. Of course people want to know what you used your tool for, so a picture of you opening a box or cutting a tomato or whatever are the norm, but just a photo of the tool is also acceptable, known as a glamour shot. You can be as creative as you want, but don’t have to be.

The whole process needn’t take more than two minutes a day but as you get more involved you’ll probably find you want to share more but up to you.

As you know we’re a friendly lot here so there’s never any massive pressure or anything

You’ll find it’s good fun and very quick to be in a challenge, and get to know everyone far quicker than you would otherwise, hope to see you next month

:tu: :cheers:
Thanks for the info, playing with this online is nice, but the app is easier.
Ok then, count me in. Sounds like fun.

ca Offline maxdog

Reply #35860 on: September 12, 2021, 06:05:11 AM
Congrats on the new Compact! It's a beauty.

It'll be interesting to hear what you think of the non-serrated vs. serrated scissors.
Thanks SteveP.  I find the non-serrated style scissors on my Compact and Swiss Champ to be perfection.  It will cut cleanly right from the first snip every time.  The Compact is a champ too.  I feel like I have everything I will need on me with the Compact for every day life, and if the Compact is not enough, the Swiss Champ is there.   With the serrated Wenger style scissors of the Evolution S17, I find it sometimes struggles with fabrics and plastic wrapper papers, and the material sometimes snags between the blades and I have to snip it a few times to start cutting.  On paper, cardboard, and plastic bottle sheets, it worked just fine.  I would prefer the non-serrated scissors on my Evolution. That is my only gripe with that knife, but otherwise I love the S17 too.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 06:37:11 AM by maxdog »

ca Offline maxdog

Reply #35861 on: September 12, 2021, 06:16:54 AM
Great choices max, love those Compacts! Light, discreet, and very useful toolset.

I just got this Evogrip S18 during a surpise gift box exchange on another thread. Psyched because I have been thinking about getting one for a while and just haven't found the excuse to pull the trigger.  The locking blade is awesome, the ergonomics are nice, and the rubber inlays all make this little knife feel good. It's my first Evo. Life is good!

Hey Farmer X, hope you get someting cool from Your box!  :woohoo:

:climber:(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks Acuphys1!  And congrats on your new Evo Grip S18, it's a beauty in yellow.  I opted for the all red Evolution S17 for it's classic looks, but those Evo Grips look great, especially the yellow S18.  After using it for a while I find the contoured scales are actually very comfortable to grip in the hands and worth the slight extra width over the regular scales, I really like them, and it is surprising light too, which I find great for carrying around in my pockets.  I wanted something for the outdoors camping/hiking and wanted a knife with a wood saw, awl, and scissors in addition to the standard Spartan complement of tools, and the awesome locking blade and auto locking flat head screwdriver/bottle opener of the Evolution/Evo Grip S sealed the deal for me.  If it had the standard non-serrated Victorinox style scissors, it would be perfection.  So far love the S17.   :like:

au Offline Echotech

Reply #35862 on: September 12, 2021, 06:29:40 AM
Thanks for the info, playing with this online is nice, but the app is easier.
Ok then, count me in. Sounds like fun.

Excellent Acuphys1  :tu: :tu: :tu: :like:

Thanks SteveP.  I find the non-serrated style scissors on my Compact and Swiss Champ to be perfection.  It will cut cleanly right from the first snip every time.  The Compact is a champ too.  I feel like I have everything I will need on me with the Compact for every day life, and if the Compact is not enough, the Swiss Champ is there.   With the serrated Wenger style scissors of the Evolution S17, I find it sometimes struggles with fabrics and plastic wrapper papers, and the material sometimes snags between the blades and I have to snip it a few times to start cutting.  On paper, cardboard, and plastic bottle sheets, it worked just fine.  I would prefer the non-serrated scissors on my Evolution. That is my only gripe with that knife, but otherwise I love the S17 too.

Max dog be great to have you join the Delemont challenge in October with your S17 as well, one of the models I’ll definitely be using too  :tu: sign up below

ca Offline maxdog

Reply #35863 on: September 12, 2021, 06:40:17 AM
Excellent Acuphys1  :tu: :tu: :tu: :like:

Max dog be great to have you join the Delemont challenge in October with your S17 as well, one of the models I’ll definitely be using too  :tu: sign up below

Thanks Echotech, looks like would be fun.  Will sign up.

us Offline Acuphys1

Reply #35864 on: September 12, 2021, 07:04:05 AM
Thanks Acuphys1!  And congrats on your new Evo Grip S18, it's a beauty in yellow.  I opted for the all red Evolution S17 for it's classic looks, but those Evo Grips look great, especially the yellow S18.  After using it for a while I find the contoured scales are actually very comfortable to grip in the hands and worth the slight extra width over the regular scales, I really like them, and it is surprising light too, which I find great for carrying around in my pockets.  I wanted something for the outdoors camping/hiking and wanted a knife with a wood saw, awl, and scissors in addition to the standard Spartan complement of tools, and the awesome locking blade and auto locking flat head screwdriver/bottle opener of the Evolution/Evo Grip S sealed the deal for me.  If it had the standard non-serrated Victorinox style scissors, it would be perfection.  So far love the S17.   :like:
Understand wanting the traditional red, they look really nice.  About a year and a half or so ago I started looking at them and liked the unconventional yellow. I have a couple of SAKs with a stayglow scales too. Just me, never have been normal, lol.
I'm loving this beautiful piece of art myself. The grip is comfortable, rubber feels great, and yes the locking blade and opener are a Big plus. Definitely agree on the scissors,  but hey, nothing is perfect.

See you on the Delemont challenge!

« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 07:16:47 AM by Acuphys1 »

us Offline Acuphys1

Reply #35865 on: September 12, 2021, 11:08:53 PM
Hey maxdog,
Do you know the trick to easily deploy the scissors?

us Offline Doc

Reply #35866 on: September 13, 2021, 01:43:53 AM
Walnut Spartan.
That’s gonna leave a mark.

us Offline Acuphys1

Reply #35867 on: September 13, 2021, 02:37:28 AM
Walnut Spartan.
Picture please?  :popcorn:
Must be pretty,

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #35868 on: September 13, 2021, 06:00:10 AM
Thanks, maxdog. That's been my (and many other users) experience with the serrated scissors.

SAKs:
58mm: Bijou (3), Classic SD (7), Mini Champ Plus (mod), Alox Classic SD, Rambler (3), Companion
65mm: Wenger Esquire
74mm: Executive
85mm: Evolution S557, Traveler,
91mm: Champion "c", Swiss Champ (4), Explorer (3), Deluxe Tinker, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Outdoorsman Plus, Champion "a", Champion Plus, Timekeeper Alarm, Golfer
93mm: Pioneer Alox

Offline Huck70

Reply #35869 on: September 13, 2021, 03:30:15 PM
With some help from a friend these showed up this weekend. The gray Ramsperger might be my favorite SAK yet.

IMG_1042.jpg
* IMG_1042.jpg (Filesize: 125.58 KB)
IMG_1044.jpg
* IMG_1044.jpg (Filesize: 166.99 KB)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 03:48:35 PM by Huck70 »

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #35870 on: September 13, 2021, 07:09:02 PM
The gray Ramsperger might be my favorite SAK yet.
For obvious reasons. I'd sell many other possessions to get one of the Ramspergers in hand. Congratulations!
USN 2000-2006

ca Offline maxdog

Reply #35871 on: September 13, 2021, 08:58:38 PM
Hey maxdog,
Do you know the trick to easily deploy the scissors?

Hi Acuphys1.  I'm not aware, but if there is a trick to more easily deploy the scissors, let me know.  I usually run my thumbnail down from the very tip of the scissors back until my nails slide into the nail nick and I can pull the scissors up.  I think if the scissors were slightly longer or positioned up a little to where the wood saw next to it is to clear the lock release lever, it would be easier to grip the scissors.  With pocket knives I am learning you have to have healthy thumbnails.  I can see why those finger nail files are important to keep your nails in good condition.  :)

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #35872 on: September 13, 2021, 09:20:30 PM

Victorinox Classic SD in "Night Dive" coloration.

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #35873 on: September 14, 2021, 12:16:10 AM
Victorinox Classic SD in "Night Dive" coloration.
Sweet! That's likely going on my must-have list.
USN 2000-2006

us Offline Acuphys1

Reply #35874 on: September 14, 2021, 01:02:11 AM
Hi Acuphys1.  I'm not aware, but if there is a trick to more easily deploy the scissors, let me know.  I usually run my thumbnail down from the very tip of the scissors back until my nails slide into the nail nick and I can pull the scissors up.  I think if the scissors were slightly longer or positioned up a little to where the wood saw next to it is to clear the lock release lever, it would be easier to grip the scissors.  With pocket knives I am learning you have to have healthy thumbnails.  I can see why those finger nail files are important to keep your nails in good condition.  :)
Hey maxdog,

Just open the main blade to the half stop, the lock release easily pushes down, revealing the nail nick!  I discovered it by accident.  Try it a bow down to your genius SAK friend!!!
:rofl:
Really it's that simple.  It is an extra step, but it's  worth the split second.

br Offline vericio_brazil

Reply #35875 on: September 14, 2021, 04:36:16 AM
My last SAK is a Rescue Tool with regular plain blade. I think it’s a nice addition to my collection.

:climber:

us Offline Acuphys1

Reply #35876 on: September 14, 2021, 04:41:30 AM
My last SAK is a Rescue Tool with regular plain blade. I think it’s a nice addition to my collection.

:climber:
Very nice indeed :2tu:
Is it StayGlow scales?

Reply #35877 on: September 14, 2021, 04:41:00 PM
Very nice indeed :2tu:
Is it StayGlow scales?

Thank you!

Yes. StayGlow.

us Offline Acuphys1

Reply #35878 on: September 14, 2021, 06:11:57 PM
Thank you!

Yes. StayGlow.
Nice!  I love StayGlow, I have a couple of SAKs with it myself.

Reply #35879 on: September 14, 2021, 08:12:52 PM
Nice!  I love StayGlow, I have a couple of SAKs with it myself

:ahhh

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!