Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Mossberg or Remington?

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Re: Mossberg or Remington?
Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 10:14:53 PM
I hear ya on the Mak's !

Chris

Offline sappyg

Reply #31 on: August 08, 2010, 03:42:38 AM
definately remington. my 1st real shotgun was a mossberg 500 and it did it's job well and i do like the safety mounted on the top of the reciever. yet, the 870 smokes the mossberg when it comes to the feel of the action to me. ejection and lockup seems more solid and precise though the mossberg never failed me. the mossberg seemed lighter too. still, the 870 (even the express model) has a refined quality about it that the mossbergs i've used and handled just don't have.
i bought the 870 express as a turkey/ goose gun. 3" high velocity magnum shells are a shock to the system... brutal in fact. LOP is a bit long for me but most shotguns are for some reason. i don't have the same issue with rifles. turns out i hate hunting turkeys (too smart for me) and i don't go up to the eastern shore anymore since the inlaws moved down here.   
i

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 07:28:55 PM
There are places in Ca were there so many wild turkeys that they consider them to be pest. In Ca you can hunt turkeys with a 22cal pellet guns.
Mike
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD