Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My Micra Was Taken Away!

us Offline HBlaine

• It does WHAT??
Re: My Micra Was Taken Away!
Reply #30 on: August 16, 2010, 02:16:53 PM
Yep.  I had a Vic MiniChamp (which I had tucked in the bottom of my work case) confiscated, tagged, and locked in a weapons locker in one of the courthouses I routinely work in.  They saw it on the X-Ray machine...

Now, yes, I can understand the slight problem with someone walking into the courthouse with a large belt knife on.  Hell, I worked fed security for ages, so I know the mentality.  It comes down to a "where do you draw the line?" question, and the answer is, make no exceptions.  But still, c'mon, a MiniChamp?    ???
Nothing says extraterrestrial like...

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 02:58:51 PM
All that and security / police in the kid's schools.  And send your kid to school with a toy soldier or even a little GI JOE plastic toy gun, and your kid gets suspended or worse.  There we go starting off the kid's young in the mentallity NOTHING will be tollerated.
SAW

Offline 65bellett

Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 11:45:57 PM
Sawman you think you have it bad. Every day I carry my Gerber Shortcut I risk having it confiscated and getting fined as it is illegal to carry a knife in public in Victoria Australia. The funny thing is I don't think the streets are any safer because my 54 year old Mum has had to take the SAK Classic off her car keys.

65 is this a new thing in Victoria  :think: :think:. In South Oz I happily carry a MT & or a knife. :think: :think:.

A buddy's brother is a Sargent with the SA Police , I am going to ask him about knife carry in public & flipper knives.

Yeah I believe it was a knee jerk reaction to an increase in knife crime a complete blanket ban. A mate of mine is a teacher in a catering college in the CBD and any students who wish to bring their knives to school by public transport have to do so in a locked box.

Offline Nonicks

Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 02:00:39 AM
I'm kinda new here So hi all!!

I have to agree with all about the silliness in this whole issue. I agree that the carry of a Buck "Folding Hunter" in some venues may cause concern especially by the Sheeple. But c'mon we're talking Micras & SAKs w/ 1.5" - 2" blades.
Now here's a rule that's AFU. TSA states 4" scissors are AOK to board an airliner with, but don't you dare attempt that little pocket tool or knife.

The idea in keeping people safe is one thing. But lets remember these are first and foremost tools. We need tools to get along in our daily lives. Open that mail or package with a pen or key, NOW THAT'S DANGEROUS!!!

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 12:29:00 PM
Sawman you think you have it bad. Every day I carry my Gerber Shortcut I risk having it confiscated and getting fined as it is illegal to carry a knife in public in Victoria Australia. The funny thing is I don't think the streets are any safer because my 54 year old Mum has had to take the SAK Classic off her car keys.

65 is this a new thing in Victoria  :think: :think:. In South Oz I happily carry a MT & or a knife. :think: :think:.

A buddy's brother is a Sargent with the SA Police , I am going to ask him about knife carry in public & flipper knives.

Yeah I believe it was a knee jerk reaction to an increase in knife crime a complete blanket ban. A mate of mine is a teacher in a catering college in the CBD and any students who wish to bring their knives to school by public transport have to do so in a locked box.

That stinks mate  >:( >:( >:( , what a crock  >:( >:( >:(.
BLOODY POLITICIANS  :viking: :viking:

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

us Offline valvestem125

• You only go this way once.
Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 05:56:28 PM
a hospital with a metal detector?  ???

They moved them from the operating rooms down to the entry doors.

I guess more people will have surgical instruments left inside them now.  LOL

us Offline specgrade

Reply #36 on: August 17, 2010, 11:56:54 PM
a hospital with a metal detector?  ???

They moved them from the operating rooms down to the entry doors.

I guess more people will have surgical instruments left inside them now.  LOL

Now there's a scary thought!  :oops: :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88