Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Surge Owners Club

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Surge Owners Club
Reply #330 on: March 30, 2017, 11:13:58 PM

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #331 on: March 30, 2017, 11:14:47 PM
New page banana man dance

:nanadance:      :nanadance:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #333 on: March 31, 2017, 11:51:32 AM
Thanks Zoid :hatsoff:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #334 on: March 31, 2017, 12:12:00 PM
I like the colour coding.   :2tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #335 on: March 31, 2017, 10:08:15 PM
I like the colour coding.   :2tu:

I usually paint my tools primer grey :dd: but as you can see it has been awhile.since they have had a paint job :facepalm: :D

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #336 on: March 31, 2017, 10:18:31 PM
coloUr... so fancy
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #337 on: March 31, 2017, 10:26:02 PM

Offline ChrisinHove

Reply #338 on: April 19, 2017, 08:42:25 PM
My modded Surge is complete!   Many thanks to Loki and this forum...

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #339 on: April 19, 2017, 11:00:34 PM
Nice mod!
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

england Offline Kev D

Reply #341 on: April 20, 2017, 09:12:54 AM
Nice mod  :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #342 on: April 21, 2017, 02:12:01 AM
Oh I like that mod.  :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #343 on: June 15, 2017, 12:21:13 AM
My old-style Surges have the tendency of the pliers getting wedged slightly between the two flathead drivers on first contact when closing. Then, it is a definite snapping sound (with a bit of effort) when the tools are fully closed. Basically, the plier's side rides pretty hard between the flatheads. Is it normal?  :think:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #344 on: June 15, 2017, 04:28:11 AM
My old-style Surges have the tendency of the pliers getting wedged slightly between the two flathead drivers on first contact when closing. Then, it is a definite snapping sound (with a bit of effort) when the tools are fully closed. Basically, the plier's side rides pretty hard between the flatheads. Is it normal?  :think:

:shrug: :D

Seriously though I really don't know :think:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #345 on: June 15, 2017, 04:28:22 AM

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #346 on: June 15, 2017, 05:02:54 AM

Poncho, does the tip of your Surge's plier rub one of the flathead when closing? I have a brand new BO Surge, and the plier tip rubs the flathead on first contact (which scratches the BO off a bit on both tools). I wonder if the stopping tab is sitting a bit low, as it should keep the pliers from touching other flip-out implements.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #347 on: June 15, 2017, 12:52:35 PM
No it should not. The pliers should be resting on top of the drivers. A little rubbing will happen as they are closing, but should not be getting stuck.
Is it sticking between the awl and large flat head?
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #348 on: June 15, 2017, 12:59:03 PM

Poncho, does the tip of your Surge's plier rub one of the flathead when closing? I have a brand new BO Surge, and the plier tip rubs the flathead on first contact (which scratches the BO off a bit on both tools). I wonder if the stopping tab is sitting a bit low, as it should keep the pliers from touching other flip-out implements.
Mine does, they rub as the pliers are closing and slide towards the bottom of the handles. The tabs I guess could be a tad taller, but mine seem to be engaging the tabs because of the wear and lack of BO on the tops of them.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #349 on: June 16, 2017, 12:01:06 AM
No it should not. The pliers should be resting on top of the drivers. A little rubbing will happen as they are closing, but should not be getting stuck.

The pliers on mine are not literally stuck, like with the Juice when all flatheads are not folded down completely. It is just a small area at the tip, which touches one of the flathead (on the eyeglass driver side), when I start closing the handles. I can feel some resistance at this point. As I squeeze the handles shut with a bit more needed pressure, there is clear snapping sound as the handles hit each other. Basically, my old style Surge does not close as smooth as a Wave or a Charge. Opening is smooth though, just the rough closing when the plier tip goes down, into and out of the space above the eyeglass drive, that drives me nut.  :P

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #350 on: June 16, 2017, 02:10:00 AM

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #351 on: June 16, 2017, 02:41:45 AM

The pliers on mine are not literally stuck, like with the Juice when all flatheads are not folded down completely. It is just a small area at the tip, which touches one of the flathead (on the eyeglass driver side), when I start closing the handles. I can feel some resistance at this point. As I squeeze the handles shut with a bit more needed pressure, there is clear snapping sound as the handles hit each other. Basically, my old style Surge does not close as smooth as a Wave or a Charge. Opening is smooth though, just the rough closing when the plier tip goes down, into and out of the space above the eyeglass drive, that drives me nut.  :P
I am with you now. The old ones where a little gritty, so to speak. That is normal. The new ones are even smoother. They are more refined but still there some rubbing, but the are built like M1-A1 tanks and can handle anything you can throw at it and will ask for more. Bare in mind, there are two types of quality, precision or rugged. Saks are precision like the Tiger tanks in WW2 where as the LM is more rugged like the T34s or M-4s. They may show where spots on the BO or the Shiney SS, but they will work just as good as the Tigers.
I hope this help you out.
Nate

SEND IT!

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #352 on: June 18, 2017, 08:30:09 AM
... They are more refined but still there some rubbing, but the are built like M1-A1 tanks and can handle anything you can throw at it and will ask for more. Bare in mind, there are two types of quality, precision or rugged. Saks are precision like the Tiger tanks in WW2 where as the LM is more rugged like the T34s or M-4s. They may show where spots on the BO or the Shiney SS, but they will work just as good as the Tigers.
I hope this help you out.

Tanks for that.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #353 on: June 19, 2017, 12:14:38 PM
 :rofl:
Nate

SEND IT!

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #354 on: June 23, 2017, 03:45:21 AM
Is this a club for all Surges, or just the original ones? As we have a separate club for the newer Surges.... https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,48706.0.html

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #355 on: June 23, 2017, 03:52:14 AM
Is this a club for all Surges, or just the original ones? As we have a separate club for the newer Surges.... https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,48706.0.html

I would think this one is for all Surges :think: but it was started when only the original was being manufactured :tu:

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #356 on: June 23, 2017, 07:37:44 AM
Since there is a separate one for new Surges, do we also need a separate one for original Surges then?  :pok:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #357 on: June 23, 2017, 08:00:40 AM
Nope.

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #358 on: June 23, 2017, 10:52:16 AM
 :rofl:

us Offline Poncho65