Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Surge Owners Club 61530

Global Moderator Just Bananas Posts: 63,922
Re: Surge Owners Club
« Reply #870 on: July 16, 2020, 07:53:56 PM »
OG goodness today :like:

:nanadance:         :nanadance:
Just Bananas Posts: 74,973
« Reply #871 on: July 16, 2020, 09:05:20 PM »
Nice pic and carry Poncho  :like: :tu:

fail to prepare prepare to fail
« Reply #872 on: July 17, 2020, 03:19:44 AM »
Thanks Ws :hatsoff:
New User Posts: 3
« Reply #873 on: December 12, 2020, 07:24:10 AM »
Got my first Surge (original silver) this week My ST300 was stolen from me about a month ago.., SO I picked one of these beauties up. As luck would have it, the ST300 was returned. It just magically appeared on my desk at work. Guilt maybe? In any case!   Within the first day or so I found myself using the surge heavily. Its a delight. It DOES have that tight fitting pliers rub that people talk about leaving some hairline marks. This doesn't bother me too too much. I  saw a thread here with a good handful of people saying this was normal. Especially on the black ones. I am absolutely in love with its T-Shank capabilities. As an early stocking stuffer, A buddy of mine got me one of those aftermarket pocket clips. I'm not too sure I trust it. But it tried it out for a couple of days. Its novel. I'm going to end up getting a proper sheath. This being said, does anyone know of any good sheaths that  sit horizontally on the belt? Or a vertical one that sits a bit less proud?   Anyway. Glad this site exists.

Happy and Safe Holidays, All.   
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 52,030
« Reply #874 on: December 12, 2020, 01:48:13 PM »
Got my first Surge (original silver) this week My ST300 was stolen from me about a month ago.., SO I picked one of these beauties up. As luck would have it, the ST300 was returned. It just magically appeared on my desk at work. Guilt maybe? In any case!   Within the first day or so I found myself using the surge heavily. Its a delight. It DOES have that tight fitting pliers rub that people talk about leaving some hairline marks. This doesn't bother me too too much. I  saw a thread here with a good handful of people saying this was normal. Especially on the black ones. I am absolutely in love with its T-Shank capabilities. As an early stocking stuffer, A buddy of mine got me one of those aftermarket pocket clips. I'm not too sure I trust it. But it tried it out for a couple of days. Its novel. I'm going to end up getting a proper sheath. This being said, does anyone know of any good sheaths that  sit horizontally on the belt? Or a vertical one that sits a bit less proud?   Anyway. Glad this site exists.

Happy and Safe Holidays, All.

Welcome and congrats on your Surge.     :cheers:

Here is the sheath I use, it works horizontally or vertical and has side pockets.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEATHERMAN-SURGE-LEATHER-POUCH/164520010856?hash=item264e282468:g:7f0AAOSwJt5ftFDi

« Reply #875 on: December 12, 2020, 06:12:05 PM »
Welcome to  :MTO:  sorry to hear about the ST300 but congrats on the Surge  :tu: :like:
New User Posts: 3
« Reply #876 on: December 13, 2020, 07:31:15 AM »
Welcome and congrats on your Surge.     :cheers:

Here is the sheath I use, it works horizontally or vertical and has side pockets.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEATHERMAN-SURGE-LEATHER-POUCH/164520010856?hash=item264e282468:g:7f0AAOSwJt5ftFDi

I do have one very similar to this. It's the one that i bought as a little extra with my ST300. Fits the surge perfectly.  it just seems to hook on things for some reason. I've seen some really interesting offerings on Etsy and what have you where they are a lot more flush with the belt. I do like to avoid Duty Belt looking belt pouches because that's just not the look I'm going for. My attire is pretty uniform so above all of that, I'd look like a security guard or something... I already have a phone and a knife on the other side! LOL.  These are great choices if they are nicely broken in though. I do occasionally use it.
« Reply #877 on: January 15, 2021, 02:26:12 AM »
Full Member Posts: 141
« Reply #878 on: February 15, 2021, 06:45:39 PM »
Surge owner. Rides on my belt every day with the bit extender, one bit kit and a Streamlight Microstream. When I was considering carrying a multitool i went right to the tippy top and purchased the Surge, mostly due to the blade exchanger. I keep a few T shank blades in my wallet to expand its capabilities with the file riding in the tool almost always.
« Reply #879 on: February 15, 2021, 10:50:04 PM »
Great looking carry,  Tinner :salute: :like:
Full Member Posts: 141
« Reply #880 on: February 15, 2021, 11:13:26 PM »
Great looking carry,  Tinner :salute: :like:

Thank you Poncho! I have found I would be lost without it now. I look forward to carrying it for years to come.
« Reply #881 on: February 16, 2021, 05:21:31 AM »
It should definitely serve you for many years  :salute: :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $148.70
PayPal Fees: $8.76