Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cold Steel Mini-AK 47

Sean · 14 · 2715

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Cold Steel Mini-AK 47
on: August 24, 2010, 05:09:49 PM
Took a trip into the big city of Vancouver, B.C and stopped in at Warriors and Wonders yesterday
with a friend and I and picked up a knife.  Cold Steel's mini AK-47.  New for 2010, grippy G-10, nice
size and super weight.  Wanted something I could throw in the pocket like a slipjoint because it's
near impossible to use the pocket clip with this one unless you do a modification or until CS comes
out with a clothing allowance. :)  Haven't cut anything with it yet but thought I'd post a few pic's
for your enjoyment.
CS Mini AK 008.JPG
* CS Mini AK 008.JPG (Filesize: 36.72 KB)
CS Mini AK 005.JPG
* CS Mini AK 005.JPG (Filesize: 43.28 KB)

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Re: Cold Steel Mini-AK 47
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 05:10:13 PM
CS Mini AK 002.JPG
* CS Mini AK 002.JPG (Filesize: 51.97 KB)
CS Mini AK 001.JPG
* CS Mini AK 001.JPG (Filesize: 55.47 KB)

Offline sappyg

Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 05:32:16 PM
that looks nice and stout.
i

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 05:38:25 PM
Ooooo me likes that!
I'm back!!

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 05:43:41 PM
Thank you fellas  :tu:

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 05:57:59 PM
Took a trip into the big city of Vancouver, B.C and stopped in at Warriors and Wonders yesterday
with a friend and I and picked up a knife.  Cold Steel's mini AK-47.  New for 2010, grippy G-10, nice
size and super weight.  Wanted something I could throw in the pocket like a slipjoint because it's
near impossible to use the pocket clip with this one unless you do a modification or until CS comes
out with a clothing allowance. :)  Haven't cut anything with it yet but thought I'd post a few pic's
for your enjoyment.

Oh good lord is that place dangerous to my finances...

Played with a Mini AK and a Mini Lawman a few weeks back.  I really do like those smaller versions, nice weight with a great lock with cool blade designs, but I just can't get around the crappy clips.  Might spring for a mini Lawman anyways and see if I can use it as a watch pocket knife.

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 09:44:05 PM
Yeah there is an idea.  You'll love the g-10 though if you can find a way to carry it inside a pocket
somewhere, it's amazingly grippy.

Offline sappyg

Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 10:36:58 PM
Wanted something I could throw in the pocket like a slipjoint because it's
near impossible to use the pocket clip with this one unless you do a modification

I just can't get around the crappy clips.  Might spring for a mini Lawman anyways and see if I can use it as a watch pocket knife.

what's the deal with the clip?
i

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 10:43:18 PM
near impossible to use the pocket clip with this one unless you do a modification

I just can't get around the crappy clips.  Might spring for a mini Lawman anyways and see if I can use it as a watch pocket knife.

For the AK-47 and Mini AK-47, the G10 texturing under the clip is very aggressive.  It's a really bad pocket shredder.  For the Mini Lawman the clip is mounted really far down on the handle - when you clip it to your pocket nearly 3/4 inch of the knife is sticking out.  Really bad way to lose your knife if you bump in to something, not to mention it makes it nearly impossible to hide.

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 10:56:43 PM

For the AK-47 and Mini AK-47, the G10 texturing under the clip is very aggressive.  It's a really bad pocket shredder.  For the Mini Lawman the clip is mounted really far down on the handle - when you clip it to your pocket nearly 3/4 inch of the knife is sticking out.  Really bad way to lose your knife if you bump in to something, not to mention it makes it nearly impossible to hide.

The fullsize Lawman and the Recon-1 folders are the same way. I have both and to carry them in the pocket using the clip they are a pain to draw out as the texturing they use on the G-10 just grabs your pocket.......acts like a cheese grater on it.

Good in the hand, bad in the pocket.

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 03:29:30 AM
for your enjoyment.

Oh good lord is that place dangerous to my finances...

Played with a Mini AK and a Mini Lawman a few weeks back.  I really do like those smaller versions, nice weight with a great lock with cool blade designs, but I just can't get around the crappy clips.  Might spring for a mini Lawman anyways and see if I can use it as a watch pocket knife.

I agree.  The past four months, I've ordered so many knives from Jay.  I've spent the most on him this year then previous years. (This year's annual clearout sale hit me hard...)  Thank God I don't live in Vancouver because I would camp out in front of Jay's store everyday.
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 03:40:59 AM
Yeah, it's an amazing location!  He buys the whole line of the products he carries.  It amounts to an
amazing lot of stock.  Last year, I spent too much there.  :-\  This year though so far using some
restraint.

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 06:48:21 PM
Mine is pretty cool, mine is the original AK with the ultra-lock (similar to an axis lock). My only complain about it is it's really heavy. It however opens lightening quick and locks rock solid. Like to chew up pants due to the really grippy G10 though. I recommend it, it takes a beating and keeps on ticking.

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 10:08:38 PM
I agree with you David, they are a bit heavy in pocket.  I had the aluminum version and it was even
more so.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD