Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman P4: Review, pics, video

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Leatherman P4: Review, pics, video
on: August 28, 2010, 01:33:54 AM
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 02:22:01 AM by Cptnodegard »

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Re: Leatherman P4: Review, pics, video
Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 01:50:41 AM
I love the p4, one of my favorite tools.  It's pocketable, and has enough tools and strength
to do most of the daily jobs I might ask of it.  This tool coupled with a decent knife and I'm
set for city life.  :)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 02:08:56 AM
I gotta say that I rather like the little P4 pliers and have found them useful on a number of occasions, but each to their own.  Good review though. :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 02:23:41 AM
You're got me wanting one of the Squirt models now. :twak:
Got those frog legs.

Offline sappyg

Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 09:03:03 PM
i rarely comment on a review unless i am moved in some way. i have been moved...
10 minutes reviewing a tool that was clearly stated several times not to have been used. too much conjecture on theory of the potential use of the tool. the blade does not 'lock' as stated in the video. i have found the pliers to be very useful when called upon personally but that is simply based on experience and nothing more.
further, aspects of the P4 were overlooked and or miss-represented. there was no mention of the tweezers once. an important aspect for this marvel of engineering IMHO. i can't lay my hands on my P4 so the S4 will have to do. i have not noticed that i could not close the tool, including the lanyard ring, w/o having to modify any of the tools present. moreover, after patiently strugling through the video, no mention was made re: the usefulness of the tools as they relate to convenience of access w/o having to open the tool as one would with the leatherman micra. then again, my observations are based on use.
lastly, i prefer not to visit an exterior web sight to read or view a review whether it's good or bad. usually the first thing i look at on a review like this are the persons hands. dewd, get a manicure and cut the vid down to five minutes or less.... love the P4. keep tryin'

:cheers:   
i

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44