Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Max Venom Product Group

Offline MaxVenom

Max Venom Product Group
on: August 30, 2010, 06:02:35 AM
I was kindly invited by Grant to make an introduction to the guys and Gals here at MultiTool.org to the products that we offer at www.MaxVenom.com

We offer a lean mean ever growing variety of edged implements designed to suit various ranges of functionality from EDC capable to brush clearing Purpose Built Fighting Knives!

I would be glad to answer any questions the community may have in regards to these products.

Bellow are a few select images from the Max Venom Product Group.

The Karambite

The Back Bite

The Kali Warrior

The Kapu
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 06:11:01 AM by MaxVenom »

Offline MaxVenom

Re: Max Venom Product Group
Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 06:08:22 AM
Also, we have a short Demo video for the Back Bite that we just released recently. This well worth giving a look at if you have a few minutes to spare!

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 03:30:46 PM
Those are some wicked looking blades!

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 04:01:44 PM
Personally I find the idea of a fighting knife disgusting unless you happen to be in the military

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 05:53:43 PM
I really like that back bite knife.  Even the trainer looks useful for trapping and submissions.

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
  • Where is all that water coming from?!
Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 06:07:56 PM
I'm sure they are well made but they look a bit  :mn: to me.  :rofl:

Surprised to see that kind of knifes at a forum as this. I'm pretty sure people look very different to a knife as these compared to a SAK or a MT.

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 06:10:28 PM
Well the top two knives wouldn't get much notice since they would only be used for SD purposes.  Its not like I will be opening a box with either while out or at the workplace.  The others would probably get some strange glances, but would look great in a man cave.

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 06:29:00 PM
Over here there's no such thing as "knife for self defense puposes"  :ahhh

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 06:31:05 PM

Law can be fuzzy here as well, but I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.  As long as your not flashing it about the police here would never suspect it.

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 08:10:27 PM

Law can be fuzzy here as well, but I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.  As long as your not flashing it about the police here would never suspect it.

If you're in Military or LE, a knife as a backup weapon for self-defense purposes is perfectly reasonable.

However, I do not agree with civilian pocket carry for self-defense.  Unless you have significant training with a knife, you're just about as likely to cut yourself badly as successfully defend yourself from an attacker. 

Actually, scratch that, you're more likely to throw the knife 20 feet trying to access it under stress than use it for ANYTHING useful without significant training.

I'd much rather defend myself with my fists and my wits.

All that aside - there are some interesting product designs here, especially with the Back Bite - do you have a picture of the sheath?

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 08:43:20 PM
I know some Klingons who would really like these :D
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 08:52:58 PM

My thoughts exactly :D
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 08:53:36 PM

:D:D:D
You have a point

Offline sappyg

Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 03:22:45 AM
a bit odd for me.

edit: maybe something a little more pedestrian... and useful. TBH these are quite childish in every sense. way too much form and zero function.... my opinion only. i'm sure there is something they might be useful for. perhaps if you told us what exactly that is? if this is art then ok... art it is.  
i don't know.

edit again... could'nt view the vid.... not sure i need to

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 04:01:20 AM by sappyg »
i

Offline MaxVenom

Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 04:49:52 AM
Ok, I was hoping to field a few questions but instead I am going to try to respond to the commentary.

cgk - Your compliments are appreciated.

Andreas - Knife defense is indeed a SICK enterprise!

Zack - Thank you for the compliments.

zepla - "Surprised to see that kind of knifes at a forum as this" - Glad to surprise you ;)

zepla - "look a bit  Mall ninja! to me" - These knives are Martial Art oriented CQBC, I only expect segment of this sites audience to appreciate that entirely.

Zack - The top two are indeed SD oriented. The Kali Warrior is a Purpose Built Fighting Knife, The Kapu a bit more special purpose.

Andreas- "Over here there's no such thing as "knife for self defense puposes"" - That sucks, badly!

jekostas - Everyone has an opinion, thanks for sharing. You comments are appreciated.

nuphoria-  I take that as an intergalactic compliment of sorts ;)

sappyg - "childish in every sense. way too much form and zero function" - Think twice! If you don't understand the functionality of a concealable Karambit. The function of the Back Bite as illustrated in the video. The function of the wave in a large scale Kris blade or what teeth are for in a non metallic knife I would suggest that you Google it, ask the guy who came in with this post offering to answer any questions BEFORE you start throwing around your "I don't get it" based opinion.

I realize that many of you are not on this forum to view these types of products. If it is simply not your thing. I am not looking to make it your thing. I appreciate you doing what you do. Appreciate that these products are for someone else, and not you.

I was invited to share these products with you and that is what I am here to do. Not to entertain every individual who feels free to run at the mouth. (sappyg)

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 05:13:17 AM
What steel is used in the kerambit and backbite and do you have any pics of carrying options?

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 05:40:14 AM
I was kindly invited by Grant to make an introduction to the guys and Gals here at MultiTool.org to the products that we offer at www.MaxVenom.com

I would think we could have shown some better manners on our side.

Offline sappyg

Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 05:56:09 AM

I would think we could have shown some better manners on our side.

you are certainly correct... please accept my regrets and apology?

:cheers:
i

Offline MaxVenom

Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 06:21:56 AM
It's all good people!

I was invited under the premise - "It's not your typical knife site, but the guys appreciate good workmanship and good knives!"

Just wanted to say that I did NOT expect to drop in here slinging cross culturally inspired Purpose Built Fighting Knives and expect that an abundance of this audience would have a tremendous appreciation for such things. Just sharing.

Zack - The Karambite is made from S60V, some pretty hard to come by material these days! And although I do not have a photo of the sheath system for the Back Bite on this computer it is Very much similar to that of the TOPS Taliban Take Down as pictured in the following link.

http://www.topsknives.com/product_info.php?products_id=292

I will get a photo of the Kydex Karambite sheath for you guys tomorrow.

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 06:31:02 AM
How was the Kapu named?
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 07:01:04 AM

Zack - The Karambite is made from S60V, some pretty hard to come by material these days! And although I do not have a photo of the sheath system for the Back Bite on this computer it is Very much similar to that of the TOPS Taliban Take Down as pictured in the following link.

You don't say, is it even made now? I was under the impression it was discontinued in favor of s30v.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 04:03:24 PM
Sorry Colin, I should have warned you that we have accidentally encouraged everyone to have an opinion here over the years.  It is true though that most of our guys appreciate craftsmanship regardless of what the intended design is for, and whether or not they specifically have a use for it.

I thought the knives look pretty sweet to me, and I figured the members here would like them, and it appears that the vast majority indeed were.  Don't take it personally that some didn't though- as I said, we generally encourage folks to have opinions, as I personally feel that a forum where everyone agrees with eachother is pretty boring, and a forum where everyone is "forced" to agree isn't a forum at all, it's an "againstum."

At any rate, I think I'll be placing an order with you sometime in the near future, as I really quite like a good quality fixed blade.

Are there any plans for a small fixed blade in the lineup other than the Kerambit?  I always found things like the Cold Steel Para Edge or SOG's Mini Pentagon to be really handy, as they were easily concealed.  I usually secured it in the center of my back on my Uncle Mike's belt, under my glove pouch and handle down, where it was virtually invisible yet easily grasped by either hand.  As handy as a large fixed blade would be in a cqb setting, I always thought that a small blade that could come from any direction and was virtually invisible was the kind of ace in the hole that would really determine who was going home and who was going down.

Perhaps it's just different styles, but if this intrigues you, I'd be happy to work with you on designing what I think works well.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

spam Offline glorn

• No Life Club
  • His name is Robert Paulson.
Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 04:24:41 PM
G

Offline MaxVenom

Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 06:12:26 PM
Fisting_Chili - Kapu is a Hawaiian word that is roughly translated to English as "forbidden". As the Kapu was designed based upon knives of the pacific islanders who had no access to metal, and that daggers were actually most unique to Hawaii, it seemed like a good fit.

jzmtl - The S60V was never abandoned in favor of S30V. The Karambite remains available in S60V at this time!

glorn - Good eyes! The Kapu was inspired by a great many implements of this nature. Shark tooth swords included.

The Kapu is a collaboration between myself and Tuhon Tomas Kier of the Sayoc Kali Group.

"It was necessary that these implements have jagged edges or teeth. Most modern non-metallic knives take too much for granted from the modern metallic knife. An effective non-metallic knife must not only be capable of puncturing, it must also be capable of ripping muscle, veins and arteries in order to achieve optimum tissue damage and blood loss." - Tuhon Tomas Kier

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:22:16 PM by MaxVenom »

Offline MaxVenom

Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 06:20:58 PM
Sorry Colin, I should have warned you that we have accidentally encouraged everyone to have an opinion here over the years.  It is true though that most of our guys appreciate craftsmanship regardless of what the intended design is for, and whether or not they specifically have a use for it.

I thought the knives look pretty sweet to me, and I figured the members here would like them, and it appears that the vast majority indeed were.  Don't take it personally that some didn't though- as I said, we generally encourage folks to have opinions, as I personally feel that a forum where everyone agrees with eachother is pretty boring, and a forum where everyone is "forced" to agree isn't a forum at all, it's an "againstum."

At any rate, I think I'll be placing an order with you sometime in the near future, as I really quite like a good quality fixed blade.

Are there any plans for a small fixed blade in the lineup other than the Kerambit?  I always found things like the Cold Steel Para Edge or SOG's Mini Pentagon to be really handy, as they were easily concealed.  I usually secured it in the center of my back on my Uncle Mike's belt, under my glove pouch and handle down, where it was virtually invisible yet easily grasped by either hand.  As handy as a large fixed blade would be in a cqb setting, I always thought that a small blade that could come from any direction and was virtually invisible was the kind of ace in the hole that would really determine who was going home and who was going down.

Perhaps it's just different styles, but if this intrigues you, I'd be happy to work with you on designing what I think works well.

Def

Grant, No worries AT ALL!

I'm a tough customer to bleed ;)

I do have an additional small fixed blade in the works. Geared at the specific direction of Military application however. I had also in mind a small item that might be a better fit for Multitool.org minded individuals, in that its intent and purpose is that of an actual multi-tool, that doubles as an SD implement of course.

If you had a design in mind or wanted to produce something specific for Multitool.org, I'm all ears!

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 06:36:26 PM
Fisting_Chili - Kapu is a Hawaiian word that is roughly translated to English as "forbidden". As the Kapu was designed based upon knives of the pacific islanders who had no access to metal, and that daggers were actually most unique to Hawaii, it seemed like a good fit.

jzmtl - The S60V was never abandoned in favor of S30V. The Karambite remains available in S60V at this time!

glorn - Good eyes! The Kapu was inspired by a great many implements of this nature. Shark tooth swords included.

The Kapu is a collaboration between myself and Tuhon Tomas Kier of the Sayoc Kali Group.

"It was necessary that these implements have jagged edges or teeth. Most modern non-metallic knives take too much for granted from the modern metallic knife. An effective non-metallic knife must not only be capable of puncturing, it must also be capable of ripping muscle, veins and arteries in order to achieve optimum tissue damage and blood loss." - Tuhon Tomas Kier

Max, thank you.  I am actually from Hawai'i and knew what it meant, but wasn't sure if your blade was named after it.  Very cool!
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

Offline MaxVenom

Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 06:43:15 PM
SPECIAL F.Y.I

The Back Bite has officially become available TODAY!

The Back Bite will retail for 149.00

Available NOW at a special introductory price of 119.95!

http://www.maxvenom.com/the_backbite

Offline MaxVenom

Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 06:49:35 PM
@Fisting_Chili - Than you also know that this word is frequently used as a substitute for "No Tresspassing". Yet another good way in which the name fits!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 07:05:24 PM
You got some really interesting designs, that's for sure...  8) :tu:

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 12:57:48 AM
Interesting product line not my cup of tea mind, do you have anything with a bottle opener on it  ;)
"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD