Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is wrong with the youth today to have such a behavior and attitude

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Those girls are obnoxious and needs some good old discipline, something went wrong in their upbringing for sure. Wonder what happened when they came home?

[youtube] [/youtube]
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 01:48:00 PM by Medic82 »
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
i couldnt watch more then a minute
I

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
You have to be a bit special to get on such a show anyways, but... lol
But I'd rather have those two as neighbors than the people who at 4AM today loudly proclaimed "there's beer at the table next to the door"

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
i managed to watch it all love simon at the end, "can you pass on fro me it's all no's"  :rofl:
I

Offline Hedge Kid

• Member 003 of the MickyD Fan Club
Wow, classy.

I doubt anything happened when they got home other than they continued to act like that. Their parents were backstage looking surprised but very meek.
I

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
For some reason, I watched the whole thing, and I can't believe how wrong this was on so many levels.  But then, I'm not a huge fan of these kinds of shows to begin with, and I have to think these girls probably would have been signed had they looked like this:

After all, bad singing can be easily remedied with a vocal coach and decent producers.

As for their attitudes, well I have to think that these girls probably have poor self images, and this was an attempt to prove their "worth" to themselves, and they failed miserably.  It's a much deeper blow to them than simply being told they can't sing.  I hope wherever they are, they do manage to put this behind them and get on with their lives.  I think they may have had a future as a comedy act, judging by the way they started off.

And, as tragic as it is for these young girls, it's significantly more tragic that their humiliation has to be played out time and again for the whole world to see.  I think the person who made the choice to broadcast this particular piece must have no morality, and make up for it with a nice car and big house.  It's shameful exploitation in my opinion.

Anyways, rant over before I get into it too far!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Hedge Kid

• Member 003 of the MickyD Fan Club
Ah Def, I take your moral point about exploitation (but with a pinch of salt due to the gratuitous scantily clad girly pic  :D ) but this isn't the first episode of this programme. Most people go into it with open eyes having seen the ritual humiliation in previous series. That is in essence why people watch it.

They may have tried to prove their "worth" to themselves but may have learned a bigger and much more important lesson: Learn when to open your mouth and when to shut up.

Ultimately, what they did was silly but forgettable and won't stay the distance to shame them into the future. Anyway, who's to say that the girls in your picture didn't do that in a moment of teenage silliness/overconfidence and are now ashamed of it and rejected by their families for cheapening themselves?  :-\

However, I do take exception at the exploitation of mentally ill people in these shows. The pre-stage checking process needs to be far more rigorous to protect the more fragile members of our society. Some may include teenagers in this bracket and in some circumstances I may be inclined to agree. I have seen far more mentally ill people having their crazy shamelessly exploited than stroppy teenagers and it's only now (several series in) that the producers are being pulled up on it.

Hopefully "reality" TV will die a death soon and the watching public will learn to enjoy watching something less exploitative all round.  :cheers:
I

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
That was televised even. I laughed through it, watched it twice. To go out on stage in front of hundreds of people wasting everyone's time, they both should of beat one another up right there on stage. Would of been slightly more entertaining. :shakes head: Had to watch it twice cause the first time it seemed like a prop, yet,  :rofl:
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Have seen lots of things in this world, lot of good things, many sad things. Have had a tendency to look at it from various points of view. It was funny to see these kids, best friends at first - then enemies after. They even probably were hanging out the next day blaming the audience and are stuck in their own little facade life. Reminds me of the stoners that I used to see back in high school.

Still, there are those that totally shock you in talent. Like that one middle aged brit gal that went on stage and she didn't have the looks or fine figure, and the judges were like putting her down with their looks. Then she started singing, and changed everyone's view of her. - Can't recall her name, but she's famous now. Seen her on lots of talent shows and think she's got her own albums too.

Have to take what other people do with lots of grains of salt. This show was sarcastically funny, and sad. Life goes on. No one seriously got hurt, the producers had a laugh, and it may give other contestants a message on future shows.

Could go off on a tangent how society and the government messed up discipline in the child rearing period, and how that is going to affect the world in the next 15 years, but I don't want to make enemies here. Rather just laugh at this show off and get on with making friends.  :cheers:
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
::) ::) Those two kids are destined to be miserable for the rest of their lives. Their parents have spoiled them both rotten, let them get away with murder, and taught them no descipline or respect. They both remind me of that brat Dudley in the Harry Potter movies, only in this case, they are not make-believe actors, they are real kids. ::)

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline jzmtl

Simple, not enough ass whopping from the parents.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Simple, not enough ass whopping from the parents.

Hell yeah, some people really could have done with it. So many kids now think they are untouchable and behave accordingly. Our teachers were allowed to slap us when we played up and now they are getting physically abused by students instead - WTF?
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
I don't want to get too into the whole ethos here but I have 2 thoughts about this thread;

1 - Some people abused their power when it came to "slapping" etc in schools.  Things like stopping that were put in place to protect them from the levels of abuse I have both studied and been educated.  The problem comes when gauging what is OK a force or not.  Far simplier to stop completely

2 - The "youth of today" comment bugs me immensely.  :D  This people are not the norm, yet anyone young nowadays get tarred with the same brush.  There are plenty of gooduns out there.
I'm back!!

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
your just saying point no.2 ben because you are the youth of today  :angel:

I

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
I'm bloody 25, married, have 3 kids and been in the same job for the past (nearly) 5 years.  I'm old!  :D
I'm back!!

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
No your not... but I bet you feel it.
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
You know what, I do.  Last year I asked a few people at work how old they all thought I was (thinking younger because of my babyface) and all of them thought 4-5 years older.  One thought I was bloody mid thirties!  :twak:  I was 24 at the time.  And all because of my lifestyle with being a daddy, married and a manager.
I'm back!!

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
I agree with Ben myself having been kicked, punched, dragged across a football field by my hair canned with lead filled canes(head masters special buy) by staff in most homes I was in during the first eighteen years of my life,quite frankly I would have relished just a clip around the ear  :tu:

Then during home leave I got more or less the same at home by my Mother,I got to thinking violence was love and started dishing some out of my own,not the best move on my part but I strongly believe violence breeds violence best all nipped in the bud at an early age IMO,trying the reward approach might be a better way to teach kids these days  :tu:

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
lol i feel old among my friends and im only 18! been in full time work for a year in 2 days!  :D
I

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
You are not the youth of today Benner, when I mean youth it’s the kids 18 and below. Since the kids that act like that are so obnoxious and loud they overshadow the good kids that have a proper upbringing or some good role models

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
oh  :( me then  :rofl:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 10:24:11 PM by ryan1835 »
I

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
I know what you meant  :), but the phrase "youth of today" blankets all with that same bad image.  One I know not everyone has.
I'm back!!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
oh  :( me then  :rofl:

No. I can understand what you're saying!!!!

"The Youth of Today" have invented their own new language that I just can't follow (which is probably a good thing), and their thumbs have evolved to allow them to be better at texting and video games!

Innit?
I used to come here a lot.

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
i dont play video games im clearly doing being young wrong  :oops:

id rather go out with my camera  :rofl:

I

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
the phrase "youth of today" blankets all with that same bad image.

That's because they are so loud they overshadow the good kids. Please feel free to edit the tittle to something more appropriate, you have my blessing.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
There really is no need.  :)  I'm just saying is all.  :tu:
I'm back!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21