Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Surefire G2 Led

Offline Lordnibbler

• New User
Surefire G2 Led
on: September 23, 2007, 12:40:44 PM
Any one tried the new Surefire G2 Led version?? how long is the actually runtime on a set of batteries?? how fast does the light diminished?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Surefire G2 Led
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 02:26:28 PM
Let me guess, Lord Nibbler is for our benefit, for in the time it would take to pronounce one syllable of your true name, a thousand suns would fall into darkness?   ;D

Welcome to the forum- I haven't tried the new Surefire myself, but I heard that it was pretty good, although didn't hold a candle (no pun intended) to the incans.

I'm certain someone will be along shortly to correct me!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline MacTech

Re: Surefire G2 Led
Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 08:31:56 PM
From the information I could gather on Candlepowerforums, the G2L has an initial lumen output of around 80 lumens, as the module heats up, the brightness is ramped down to around 65 lumens for extended burn times, since the Nitrolon body tends to retain heat, and heat is the enemy of LEDS, the output is ramped down to keep heat output in the safe range

estimated runtime is around 9 hours of decent, semi-regulated output, with a long 4 hour tail of dimming light to the 14 hour point

It's best to think of the L60 LED module as a shockproof, indestructible P60 module with no filament to burn out, it's not meant to be a retina-scorcher

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%