Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I'd never ever part with...

Benner · 40 · 3892

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Re: I'd never ever part with...
Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 01:12:56 PM
Nice thread Ben  :D

I've got a few in my collection that I couldn't part with , in no particular order .

first up is my Large regular Sebenza which was a gift to me by a member of BritishBlades . I wont go into all the details but I would never part with this knife .I also use it quite a bit too .

A Leatherman Skeletool which was given to me by ..... and is a very early model and while I've had other Skeletools come and go this one is staying right with me  ;)

Victorinox Charles Elsener Signature Swisstool   :D I just smile everytime I look at this tool  :D This is what Multitool.org is all about   :D I have Grant , Bob and Tim to thank for this and its a real treasure . I once got very drunk one night and nearly gave it away  :o I'm sure Grant can remember . I'm so glad I didnt  :D

Another Swisstool and this time its an Australian Army issue in Black Oxide . Now I'm still a bit confused by this one  :think: Multimat sent me the tool and Neil was involved too in some sort of three way trade but i cant remember actually giving or trading anything for it  :think: Anyway its not going anywhere but please remind me guys if I owe anything for it .

Staying with Vic we have my little Waiter which was a gift from Mike  :D This is in my current EDC rotation and see's alot of pocket time which in some respects makes it worth more to me then all the above as it actually gets EDCed and is very usefull  and everytime I put it to use it reminds me of the Mike and the forum  :D

Moving away from Vic but staying with Switzerland is the Wenger SI which Ben Gave to me  :D its held in the same high regard as the Waiter from Mike but is not in my EDC rotation  :think:  Seeing how Ben hates Drawer Queens I had better put it right and carry it tomorrow  :D

Another is my Buck 110 which Gadgetguy sent me as a gift . I was proper made up with this and it has become one of my "T.V Knives " . I will sit and polish it with a soft cloth while watching a good movie . I find it very relaxing .

I've recieved ,many other gifts and treasured items from forum members but I just cant list them all but I am really gratefull .

Other tools and knives thart I wont part with are ....

My Joseph Rodgers Aircrew Knife although I've put it up for sale more then once and withdrawn it again  ::)

My Vic Firstmate . I love this knife and wish I had a user I could EDC.

Last up are my two NIB Leatherman PSTs , one is an Riveted Japenese and the other is BO non Cap Crimper and both are staying with me  :D

Just gave myself a big kick as I forgot to mention the PST that Magic Bus gave me  :-[  Its not like its put away and forgot about as its my current legal EDC tool and is on my belt right now .

Sorry Chris I didnt mean to leave you out mate .

Dunc

Offline VicX

Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 01:43:29 PM
I'd never ever (ever ever ever) part with...

1) My 10 years old Handyman Plus.

2) A 22 years old mini-axe my father bought me when we were camping.

3) My edc, a white Explorer Plus (which is under surgery, now :cry:)

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #32 on: September 15, 2010, 01:50:40 PM
No one would ever manage to get this one away from me:

I have a few more that I wouldn't part with, but that's the one that really stands out in my head.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #33 on: September 15, 2010, 03:12:34 PM
The one tool that will never leave my possession is my Paratool that I bought is 96-97 and was my first MT. I also have a SAK from Sollingen that my granddad EDC.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #34 on: September 15, 2010, 03:29:42 PM
Even though I haven't got it yet, I'll never part with my custom built LM Kick that I won from DaveK. As y'all may remember I'm a big fan of the LM Kick and this is even better than the original. I'll try to get some pics up when it arrives.

I'd also never part with my engraved Vic Spirit. It's got my son's birthday, my wife's birthday and our anniversary in that order on it.

http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline Coert

Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010, 03:43:59 PM
Couple of tools that I won't part with:

Vic '09 Soldier. 
Vic Farmer.
Leatherman Core & Fuse
Leatherman c300 ( gift from my girlfriend )

If I was forced to choose only one, I would go for the Core.  Versatile.  Strong. 

Offline Sparkey

• Road Monkey
Reply #36 on: September 18, 2010, 07:08:29 PM
I'd never part with...

1. My Dad's Uncle Henry 3-blade stockman. (It was his EDC)

2. My 01 Wenger SI

3. My LM original supertool. (it's a 97 model I think...)
"

Offline TheRodfather

Reply #37 on: September 18, 2010, 09:40:51 PM
Mine is my Victorinox mechanic. I bought it when I joined the army in 94 because I always wanted a SAK growing up. I was a helicopter mechanic and everyone had LMs and gerbers, but I went against the grain with the SAK. It was my first multitool, and even though I am a leatherman freak now, I still would NEVER want to lose it or part with it.

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: September 18, 2010, 09:58:32 PM
Good thread for sure.

First tool ever bought, Supertool '97, and my mid to late 60's Buck 110's.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: September 19, 2010, 01:22:09 AM
there is nothing I won't sell if I'm offered more than I paid for it :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%