Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Mark II

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Gerber Mark II
on: September 11, 2010, 09:24:23 AM
Amici,
Does anyone remember this oldie but a goodie? The sheath was also made by George Cubic back when I originally purchased it back in the mid 1990's..

This knife was made with one purpose in mind, and for those who recall the movie with "arm, throat, heart, leg, leg, arm, lung" will know what I mean..

A nice addition for any collection, especially if you can score one of the older ones in mint condition..

Cheers,
Serge
Mark II.jpg
* Mark II.jpg (Filesize: 29.09 KB)
Mark 2.jpg
* Mark 2.jpg (Filesize: 23.45 KB)
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Gerber Mark II
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 10:27:29 AM
Oh I can remember lusting after those when I was younger :drool:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 03:00:14 PM
I owned several MKII's ( got my first back in 1969 ) , also MK1's and Guardians . Fun times !

Chris

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 06:29:12 PM
Amici,
Does anyone remember this oldie but a goodie? The sheath was also made by George Cubic back when I originally purchased it back in the mid 1990's..

This knife was made with one purpose in mind, and for those who recall the movie with "arm, throat, heart, leg, leg, arm, lung" will know what I mean..

A nice addition for any collection, especially if you can score one of the older ones in mint condition..

Cheers,
Serge

Is that from "The Hunted".  I actually just watched it all the way through last weekend.

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 07:21:45 PM
Gerber started to make those again, I saw and handled one in my friends shop. Wasn't impressed with the quality :-\

I still like the OLD SCHOOL MKII  :cheers:

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 09:18:05 PM
Ditto , the old ones were L6 , and had molten stainless blown onto the aluminum grips . The first few iterations were also curved to follow the contour of the wearer's leg . I wore one on my webbing for several years . It competed for wear time with my Randall # 1 and 2 .

Chris

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 02:00:01 AM
Carried one for several years in the corp. thing that was very cool about it was the originals had the handle not in line exactly with the blade. It was a feature put into the design to be used to have the wasp shaped blade go between the ribs easier. Not many people liked the idea, but the blade was never ment to be a field knife. It was developed to give operators a better way for sentry removal.

The originals really go for large cash now if you can find them.Wish I kept mine and didnt will it out to another Marine when I discharged.
S

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD