Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Baseball Playoffs

EZ822 · 23 · 1325

us Offline EZ822

Baseball Playoffs
on: October 04, 2010, 03:35:21 PM
Anybody have their favorite team playing in October. My beloved Mets missed out again.  >:(
Erick

us Offline specgrade

Re: Baseball Playoffs
Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 04:53:35 PM
 The Cincinnati Reds are in the play offs for the first time in 15 years  :tu: I'm not sure how they will do against Philadelphia, but it's not over till it's over  :D

GO REDS!!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 04:57:11 PM by specgrade »

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 04:59:21 PM
The Jays missed out [again] but we had our best season in years... plus Bautista led the league in HRs this season.  :tu:

I miss Roy Halladay... sigh...
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 05:12:43 PM
Texas Rangers....after 11 years :cheers:
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline EZ822

Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 06:06:39 PM
The Cincinnati Reds are in the play offs for the first time in 15 years  :tu: I'm not sure how they will do against Philadelphia, but it's not over till it's over  :D

GO REDS!!
I like the Reds chances. They're young and they have a good manager in Dusty Baker. I think they will win a few championships in the years to come.
Erick

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 06:23:54 PM
Go Rangers!

us Offline specgrade

Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 06:38:17 PM

GO REDS!!
I like the Reds chances. They're young and they have a good manager in Dusty Baker. I think they will win a few championships in the years to come.

We sure could use your optimism over here.  :D   

us Offline EZ822

Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 07:53:28 PM
Go Rangers!
Wouldn't mind seeing the Rangers in the Series since it would be their first appearance. Hopefully Josh Hamilton will tear it up in the post season.
Erick

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 11:46:29 PM
My SF Giants won the NLW yesterday the hard way.  :cheers:
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 01:49:08 AM
Roy "Doc" Halladay just threw a no-hitter for his first post-season game.  He was one BB away from a perfect game.

And he got an RBI.  Get a ring Roy, it would be a shame to have wasted your best years on the Jays.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:58:37 AM by jekostas »

us Offline ari6126

• No Life Club
  • Colors!
Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 01:58:39 AM
Roy "Doc" Halladay just threw a no-hitter for his first post-season game.  He was one BB and one error away from a perfect game.

And he got an RBI.  Get a ring Roy, it would be a shame to have wasted your best years on the Jays.

The Reds made the error. Halladay just walked one batter.

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 02:03:42 AM
Roy "Doc" Halladay just threw a no-hitter for his first post-season game.  He was one BB and one error away from a perfect game.

And he got an RBI.  Get a ring Roy, it would be a shame to have wasted your best years on the Jays.

The Reds made the error. Halladay just walked one batter.

I know, I modified it a couple of minutes later when I realized that.

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 07:46:34 PM
Roy "Doc" Halladay just threw a no-hitter for his first post-season game.  He was one BB away from a perfect game.

And he got an RBI.  Get a ring Roy, it would be a shame to have wasted your best years on the Jays.

Absolutely.  Halladay deserves to win a WS Championship.  Two no-hitters this year is an incredible feat.  I don't think Halladay wasted his best years with Toronto.  Toronto helped Halladay build up an incredible career win-loss record and made him the best AL pitcher at the time. 

Even if he wins a WS with Philly, Halladay will probably enter the HoF as a Jay. 

Man, I hate the Jays' bullpen so much...
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 07:47:30 PM
LETS GO RED SOX!  *clap clap clap clap clap* LETS GO RED SOX!!

oh ...wait...

damn.
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

us Offline EZ822

Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 11:32:51 PM
LETS GO RED SOX!  *clap clap clap clap clap* LETS GO RED SOX!!

oh ...wait...

damn.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Erick

us Offline EZ822

Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 11:14:58 AM
First Halladay no hits the Reds next Lincecum strikes out 14 Braves. Now that's what I call dominant pitching!!!!
Erick

Offline TJx

• New User
Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 05:00:25 PM
Tiger fan rooting for the Rangers, I like to see someone new win if my team is not in it.

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 05:12:43 PM
Think I'd like Tampa and SF in the series.  If I had to pick a national league team, I guess it would be the Giants since I lived there for 14 years and went to over 100 games.  Lincecum is freakin money!

I'd like Tampa over the Rangers just cause I'd like to see the young club get past that "they just had a lucky year" thing and prove they to the world they are a legit contender.
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

Offline TJx

• New User
Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 05:21:15 PM

I'd like Tampa over the Rangers just cause I'd like to see the young club get past that "they just had a lucky year" thing and prove they to the world they are a legit contender.

I think the Rays are done this year, it's rapidly starting to feel like the Rangers year. As far as the Rays being a "legit contender" THAT is not in question, they are the real deal, just not against the Rangers right now. It's the Twins who need to prove something. Their fans like to talk their smack about the Tigers and of all the fans after our guy got robbed of his perfect game, it was the Twinkie fans talking smack, even the White Sox fans showed more class.

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 05:31:53 PM

I think the Rays are done this year, it's rapidly starting to feel like the Rangers year. As far as the Rays being a "legit contender" THAT is not in question, they are the real deal, just not against the Rangers right now. It's the Twins who need to prove something. Their fans like to talk their smack about the Tigers and of all the fans after our guy got robbed of his perfect game, it was the Twinkie fans talking smack, even the White Sox fans showed more class.

Not a question for any real baseball fan, but for all the young d-bags that like to walk around in their nice, new, splash designed smurfee hats (I'm not bitter  hahaha), all they do is trash talk about how the young team got lucky.  I don't want Minnesota to win.  Somewhere I have a homerun hankey from 1987 (?) w/Kirby Puckett and I'd just as soon see the Rangers win than them.

-Dylan Thomas

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 09:15:05 PM
I miss going to Ranger games up in Dallas...the Astros just aren't the same. Minutemaid park is about 15 miles down the road from me. Been a few times but i grew up with the Rangers...Bobby Valentine, Raphael, Pudge, Kenny Rogers, Julio Franco, even Nolan Ryan.

I'm proud they got this far :D
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline specgrade

Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 07:49:33 PM
 My beloved REDS are going down in flames..... :cry:

us Offline EZ822

Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 12:13:52 PM
My beloved REDS are going down in flames..... :cry:
Didn't expect the Phillies to sweep. The Reds are young. They should be back next year.
Erick

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD