Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who collects advertising SAKs?

Neil · 41 · 3779

us Offline D-Eg

• Dan
Re: Who collects advertising SAKs?
Reply #30 on: January 14, 2024, 04:08:46 AM
All clean and shiny now - I have had it for several years and never used it, how do things get dirty like that. embarrassing. 

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: January 14, 2024, 01:40:33 PM
Nice one, D.  A Recruit?  Sometimes we get a post from someone wanting a specific company logo.  Maybe they worked there, or Dad did.  I pick up some of these things from time to time.  Is that a Wenger display case in your avatar?  Best wishes.  Gary
 :like:

us Offline D-Eg

• Dan
Reply #32 on: January 14, 2024, 05:37:17 PM
I had a good friend who was a Miller Rep - he gave it to me, oh mid-90's I reckon. I'd probably let it go if someone needed it to complement their collection. I am not a very good seller person.

Yes, that is a Wenger (with Precise sheaths) store display case, a recent purchase. I've known about it for near 30-years and recently bought it from the guy who owns the little old store. It came with four knives, two were still wired in and two were in the case in boxes. it came with two Precise leather sheaths that were still clipped in and two that were unclipped. We ended up finding the key too. No clue what I am going to do with it, but as old as the old fella is, I could just envision it in a dumpster in a short time, so it was kind of a rescue thing for me.

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: January 14, 2024, 05:54:15 PM
I used to have a Kabar store display with a few knives.  A fellow took a fit over the display but wasn't terribly interested in the knives.  The only Kabars left were small ones.  I still have a sharpening stone from the display.  Best wishes.  Gary

us Offline D-Eg

• Dan
Reply #34 on: January 14, 2024, 06:00:45 PM
Here is another one - it ain't in great condition. look under the Evista logo and you can see a melty spot and on the backside under the shield, there is a horizontal crack in the scale. Don't even know where I got this one from.  :dunno:

* Evista Victorinox a.jpg (Filesize: 102.82 KB)

* Evista Victorinox b.jpg (Filesize: 105.35 KB)

us Offline D-Eg

• Dan
Reply #35 on: January 14, 2024, 06:02:29 PM
I guess on these - is the shield side or the logo side the front???

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: January 14, 2024, 06:08:01 PM
We just had a discussion about the shield location on the 'Old Spartan' thread.  I have them with shields on either side, and some with no shield at all.  Which Wengers were in the old display?  Best wishes.  G

us Offline D-Eg

• Dan
Reply #37 on: January 14, 2024, 06:31:33 PM
these here. The loose knives, I do not believe belong to these two empty boxes. The Boy Scout knives ae in the boxes with paperwork. All of this was in the case when I bought it.

* Wenger Knives.jpg (Filesize: 197.71 KB)

* Wenger Sheaths.jpg (Filesize: 159.89 KB)

* Wenger boxes.jpg (Filesize: 70.43 KB)

* Wenger Boy Scout knives a.jpg (Filesize: 128.36 KB)

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: January 14, 2024, 07:56:42 PM
The two knives out of the boxes look like Crusaders.  65mm.  No, they don't belong to the boxes.  The 16997 would have held a Pathfinder.  It had a big plastic compass with a scale for maps.  The Hunter is about like a Spartan but smaller.  Nice sheaths.  Take care of the boxes anyway.  Best wishes.  Gary

us Offline D-Eg

• Dan
Reply #39 on: January 14, 2024, 09:05:44 PM
Thanks, I just need to figure out what I want to collect or if I just want to buy and then what do I do with it all.  :ahhh

us Offline D-Eg

• Dan
Reply #40 on: January 14, 2024, 09:07:31 PM
I figure the boxes - he sold the knives out of the case and whoever bought them just stuck them in their pocket and out the door - never thought to ask for the box. I recon someone will need them....

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%