Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Replacement arrived today; all is well....sort of:

us Offline bren10man

Replacement arrived today; all is well....sort of:
on: September 23, 2010, 03:52:42 AM
Well, I got me another Traveller Lite from Gunther Gifts, INC located in the Peoples' Republik of Kalifornia.

I put the battery in.  Made a long "beep" noise..and that was it.  So, off to WalMart I go to get another battery (I HOPE it is just the battery).

UPDATE: looks like they sent me the WRONG battery...and WalMart does not carry it.  Off to Batteries Plus tomorrow....sheesh!!!

Funny thing is, this U.S. packaged one is the same package as the one I got in Korea, except:

1. sticker on both ends with U.S. item numbers

2. U.S. one did NOT come with ANY instructions of ANY kind.  That was ODD.  GOOD thing I have the packaging with instructions that came with the stolen one I bought in Korea.  Good thing the thieves stole just the knife and not the package with instructions...they were SOOO kind for that, NOT!!!

Will keep all informed.  If the battery solution is not it, return to sender after a phone call it goes.   I didn't blow $100 for something that  does not work.....Jeez!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 05:19:54 AM by bren10man »
MOLON LABE!

us Offline bren10man

Re: Replacement arrived today; all is well....sort of:
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 07:00:44 AM
Well, looks like I was DUPED!!!!

Name of the company I bought it from was Swiss Knives Express:   http://www.swissknivesexpress.com/index.html

I checked with Felinevet's online catalog, and he didn't have it or I would have ordered from him......

I took a battery out of a Huntsman Lite flashlight....started to set it.

Guess what: it only shows- time, alarm, countdown....no altitude, barometer, temperature, etc.

They sent me a Voyager Lite in a Traveler Lite box.

Looks like it is gettting RETURNED TOMORROW!!!

Idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess they thought I was a FOOL:

1. wrong battery

2. no instructions

3. not even the correct knife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. mislabled packaging.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 07:55:38 AM by bren10man »
MOLON LABE!

de Offline Turnstone

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 08:22:40 PM
That sucks  >:(

I hope you can get a Traveller Lite from them asap, with no more trouble!

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 09:24:33 PM
That's pretty bad form  :twak:
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 09:26:40 PM
I hope you get that sorted out mate. >:(
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 09:28:21 PM
All this anger... has anyone considered that this could just be a genuine mistake?

Not everyone is a SAK nerd like some here.
I'm back!!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 09:41:38 PM
All this anger... has anyone considered that this could just be a genuine mistake?

Not everyone is a SAK nerd like some here.

Well it did come form a site that sells nothing but Vic and Wenger products (so far as I can see), so I'd expect a certain level of competence.  I'd be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it's unlikely to be a deliberate attempt at a rip-off, but it's still pretty poor service when the only thing they got right was the name on the box. :-\
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 09:44:23 PM
Yep, valid point, but bren10man is pretty SAK savvy and has even owned the SAK he attempted to buy before, and he didn't and couldn't tell until he put the battery in.  Could just be a simple case of the wrong knife being put in the wrong box.  Could happen to any SAK retailer.
I'm back!!

us Offline bren10man

Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 12:29:58 AM
Here is the e-mail response from them:

It has recently been brought to our attention that Victorinox has packaged the Traveller Lite Swiss Army knife you received incorrectly. They actually packaged the Voyager knife in the box for the Traveller. We have the following options available:

1)      We can send you a UPS label to get the knife back and replace it with the correct item (We are currently out of stock due to Victorinox’s packaging issue so it will be approximately 2 weeks for our next shipment)
2)      We can send you a UPS label, get the knife back and issue a full refund
3)      You can keep the Voyager and we can issue a refund for the price difference ($17.50)

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. We’d be more than happy to make you happy!

Sincerely,
Ofelia
Gunther Gifts

www.gunthergifts.com

Swiss Knives Express

www.swissknivesexpress.com

Gunther Watch

www.guntherwatch.com
MOLON LABE!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 12:32:13 AM

It has recently been brought to our attention that Victorinox has packaged the Traveller Lite Swiss Army knife you received incorrectly. They actually packaged the Voyager knife in the box for the Traveller. We have the following options available:

1)      We can send you a UPS label to get the knife back and replace it with the correct item (We are currently out of stock due to Victorinox’s packaging issue so it will be approximately 2 weeks for our next shipment)
3)      You can keep the Voyager and we can issue a refund for the price difference ($17.50)

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. We’d be more than happy to make you happy!

Sincerely,
Ofelia
Gunther Gifts

www.gunthergifts.com

Swiss Knives Express

Gunther Watch

www.guntherwatch.com

Personally, I have had very good interactions with Gunther Gifts.  I suspect they'll make it right.  :salute:

us Offline bren10man

Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 12:32:45 AM
I replied  back to them that I had already USPS'ed the knife back to them with a tracking number.

I told them if someone would have verified the knife was complete, i.e. correct battery and with instructions, etc. that would have probably set off some alarms to check and verify.  

All Vic knives come with materials when NIB.  

I will keep you guys informed when and if it finally shows up.  

Man, what bad luck: first, it was stolen.  Second, replacement was bogus..........

I want to jump with it after I attend basic airborne refresher to see how good the altimeter is....LOL.
MOLON LABE!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 12:36:16 AM
That is definitely a string of bad luck.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

de Offline Jmora

Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 04:45:01 PM

Sincerely,
Ofelia
Gunther Gifts

www.gunthergifts.com

Swiss Knives Express

Gunther Watch

www.guntherwatch.com

I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, looks like a mistake. The level of frustration you have to endure must be awful though, I once ordered a soldier and got a pioneer instead, for the user this makes no difference (this is what the seller argued), its the same knife, but for me, wanting the authentic swiss army issue knife, it was a big let down. He replaced it for me anyway. Obviously I'm not saying the traveler and the voyager are the same knife, they have different functions, etc.

Offline VicX

Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 05:57:53 PM
I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, looks like a mistake.

I agree, it seems to me they are more than willing to sort things out.
But these things can happen, let's face it.

Although I totally understand the frustration: being a SAK-addicted tends to make you  SAK-hungry.  ;)

us Offline bren10man

Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 02:37:09 AM
I called them today.   The following is what I was told:

1. I am not the only one.  Apparently, 4 others have the same problem.   More were shipped out, and Swiss Knives Express is trying to contact all of this mistake, and give them the same options I listed above.

2. Will be 2 weeks before they get more from Victorinox.  This is a hard knife to get in the USA...I told her my story, about Korea, thieves, Namdamun Market Vic store, etc.   

3. The ones shipped out, Victorinox mislabled them all...no instructions, wrong battery, etc.   

Will keep all informed!!  At least they are doing the right thing.

P.S.  I repacked all my knives last night in 1 Rubbermaid container, a BIG one......Lord, I am swimming in SAK's!!!!
MOLON LABE!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD