Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Orange Spyderco E4 and D4

Ashley · 22 · 5061

us Offline Ashley

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • AKA Knife Crazied
New Orange Spyderco E4 and D4
on: October 02, 2011, 03:21:12 PM
Spyderco has finally listened to the people. On BF we have begged them to produce these in orange for a while and well they have put them into production. Photo are used from knifeworks.com

FFG VG-10

:drool:  :drool:  :gimme:
sc11fpor.jpg
* sc11fpor.jpg (Filesize: 20.81 KB)
sc10fpor.jpg
* sc10fpor.jpg (Filesize: 19.29 KB)

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Re: New Orange Spyderco E4 and D4
Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 04:58:33 PM
Great, looks good.  I heard from one dealer that his ffg's weren't selling all that well and
he figured it was due to the off, strange colors they had made the original runs with.
I think though, the orange should do well.  :tu:

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 08:54:27 PM
Very cool!  I like the color.  Who has them in stock?

Edit: partial to the Endura myself. :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:19:15 PM by Heinz Doofenshmirtz »
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 09:00:53 PM
I'd like that Delica!!  :drool: :drool: :drool:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 01:18:26 AM

all dealers will be getting them but I know knifeworks.com has them. Roger that owns it is top notch also. :2tu:

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 07:09:26 PM
I saw these over the weekend, that Endura-4 is a must have.

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 11:10:36 PM

all dealers will be getting them but I know knifeworks.com has them. Roger that owns it is top notch also. :2tu:

Thanks.  I saw the Knifeworks logo on the pic and checked them out.  Cutlery Shoppe doesn't have them listed yet, but I just got a gray FRN FFG Endura from them for $52.  In this day and age, I have to save a buck where I can.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 07:19:40 AM
Will start saving to get an Endura.

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 12:07:50 AM
Will start saving to get an Endura.

I'd say it's a great choice.  They're great knives for the money.  I still love my Tenacious, and they too are an excellent value, but now that I have the Endura, I like it more.  If you don't have a Tenacious, then that would be a good way to start out with... they're tough, sharp as hell (as all Spydies are out of the box), well made, and if you're not careful can give someone a pretty good startle if you want.  (Though you shouldn't do that on purpose! :D )

I find the Endura to be lighter and better balanced, it's easier to hold because it has a longer, slimmer profile, and it doesn't get in my way as much when I'm reaching into my pocket for keys and whatnot.  I don't pocket EDC it a lot though, it lives in my EDC bag instead most of the time.

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 12:00:24 AM
I like the orange, but not the black clip.  Too Halloweenie.  If I had one, I'd have to swap out the clip or remove the black.  I prefer the orange and stainless look, like this:

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 12:10:48 AM
I like the orange, but not the black clip.  Too Halloweenie.  If I had one, I'd have to swap out the clip or remove the black.  I prefer the orange and stainless look, like this:

(Image removed from quote.)

Aww... I like the halloweenie look...  If I could get one with a BO blade and hardware as well, and the SF Giants logo on it, that'd be sweet!

I already bought a gray FRN Endura 4 FFG and an FRN Dragonfly 2 in the past week and a half... and now I want that orange Delica...  Agh!!!  This is going to kill me!

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 01:35:01 AM
I LOVE any knife that is orange, especially orange g-10.  I like the Delica more so than the Endura series just because (and this does not mean that I agree with it) it is a lot easier to get harassed by the cops if you have a blade over 3 inches. 

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 07:26:29 AM
I LOVE any knife that is orange, especially orange g-10.  I like the Delica more so than the Endura series just because (and this does not mean that I agree with it) it is a lot easier to get harassed by the cops if you have a blade over 3 inches.

Yeah, that's pretty much total suckage...  That's why I carry my Endura in my EDC bag and my Dragonfly clipped in my pocket. 

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 05:48:49 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much total suckage...  That's why I carry my Endura in my EDC bag and my Dragonfly clipped in my pocket.

Where I live there is no specified blade length limit listed.  There is a law prohibiting deadly weapons/dangerous ordinance which can be anything from a pitbull to a golf pencil.  I even asked my cop friends and some say 5" others said 4".  However, all of them told me that as long as you did not have it while you were arrested for robbing a quik-mart, police officers will typically say nothing.  Following a minor traffice accident I was writing a statment in the front seat of a SHP cruzier and was wearing my spyderco manix in a sheath on my belt in plain sight and the officer never said a word.  I always thought anything 3.5 inches was a good acceptable/explainable blade size.  I mean shotgun shells are 3.5 inches and that is not very big.  As far as blade size goes, Ive dressed many deer with a schrade uncle henry penknife so size when it comes to tasks does matter, but not much.   

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 09:55:06 PM
Well I went to Columbus Ohio to meet someone I met on BF and we went knife shopping. I got the orange Endura 4 as they were sold out of the delicas.

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 09:58:11 PM
Pre-orders for the orange Ds and Es just showed up at my local favourite sharp and shiny.

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 06:19:12 AM
Got the orange Delica today.  Nice little knife.  Still love my Endura 4 and my Dragonfly 2, but if I could only pick one knife for EDC, I'd definitely go with the Delica.  Great balance of size and weight.

us Offline asupernothing

• The best way to predict the future is to create it
Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 10:30:07 AM
Got the orange Delica today.  Nice little knife.  Still love my Endura 4 and my Dragonfly 2, but if I could only pick one knife for EDC, I'd definitely go with the Delica.  Great balance of size and weight.

The delica certainly is a great edc blade. Especially with the ffg vg-10. Now if the made one with titanium handles I would have to buy two! Although the damascus blade with bones handles Sprint run is super tempting...
(insert witty quote)

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 06:24:20 PM
Although the damascus blade with bones handles Sprint run is super tempting...

Did you HAVE to say that?  Agh!!! 

The only thing that's keeping me from buying a carbon fiber Sage is my fear of my wife castrating me in my sleep if I did!!!   :ahhh

Not to mention that now I want a CF Balance now too... and a Stretch... and an orange Endura... and...

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 07:18:50 PM
Well I went to Columbus Ohio to meet someone I met on BF and we went knife shopping. I got the orange Endura 4 as they were sold out of the delicas.

(Image removed from quote.)

:pok:  I think you should take me shopping one day Ashley  :drool:

:D
Everything’s adjustable

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 07:54:14 PM

The only thing that's keeping me from buying a carbon fiber Sage is my fear of my wife castrating me in my sleep if I did!!!   :ahhh

Not to mention that now I want a CF Balance now too... and a Stretch... and an orange Endura... and...

Spydercos are a dangerous obsession.  Though you probably know that by now anyways.

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 10:21:51 PM

Spydercos are a dangerous obsession.  Though you probably know that by now anyways.

Sir, you are a master of the understatement!!!  :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%