Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Problem with Gad-Zooks

Jimny · 70 · 9052

it Offline Jimny

• Just One More Thing .............
Re: Problem with Gad-Zooks
Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 02:08:06 PM
I just sent them an ultimatum. If my S4 doesn't arrive by tuesday (which is when all packages that arrived in-country from friday-monday arrives here) I want a refund. That's about 3 times as long as packages normally take to get here, or twice as long as slow ones do. I seriously doubt they sent a replacement in the first place, so I'm not h0olding my breath. I sympathize with their problems, but it's not right for us as paying customers to pay the price for their problems.

I also had the same problem with them. Several months ago I ordered the black core when I found out it was discontinued. I used priority mail ........... never arrived and I asked them for an explanation. They said they sent another ....... never arrived. I also believe that they have never sent the second. Paypal closed the dispute without any refund saying the problem had been recorded and nothing more. From that day on, I used them with express mail (and I had to buy another core) but the second time the problem here is that you know. Now I hope lindsey send the tracking number because it is not possible to get an answer I have to send 12 emails every time.

it Offline Jimny

Reply #31 on: October 01, 2010, 09:32:19 PM
I have news:

We're happy to inform you that your package was shipped on 10/01/2010 via U.S. Postal Service First-Class International to the following address.......................................

but the first class is a BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD  service for Italy. I hope it arrives.  >:(

However, I must thank Steve for his help. If he had not brought his help I never had my multitool.

THANKS A LOT STEVE
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 09:34:53 PM by Jimny »

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: October 01, 2010, 09:43:22 PM
I also got a message back:

I really am sorry. I'll refund your shipping fees as
some compensation for all of this trouble. I am sure
the package will be delivered to you very soon.

Ironically they refunded the correct shipping charge, not the one their broken calculator actually charged me. I replied with a message thanking them for the refund and said that I don't need the refund for the last $3 but that I really think they should fix the calculator

it Offline Jimny

Reply #33 on: October 03, 2010, 12:39:34 AM
I have a question:

I have a tracking number form gad-zooks but the first mail international is traceable in Europe or only in Usa ?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #34 on: October 03, 2010, 04:48:08 AM
When USPS hands off a package to another service like the Italian Post Office, the package is given a new identifier code for the Italian system to track it.  The USPS code is no longer valid.  This happens with all international parcels, so I never bother with tracking.  The package is still tracked, but by the time you manage to find someone at the Post Office whop is willing to try and cross reference the numbers, find the package and call you back, the package is usually already at your place.  At least, this has been my experience.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: October 03, 2010, 07:15:29 AM
When USPS hands off a package to another service like the Italian Post Office, the package is given a new identifier code for the Italian system to track it.  The USPS code is no longer valid.  This happens with all international parcels, so I never bother with tracking.  The package is still tracked, but by the time you manage to find someone at the Post Office whop is willing to try and cross reference the numbers, find the package and call you back, the package is usually already at your place.  At least, this has been my experience.

Def

Not always... Speedpost Registered tracking numbers are supported by a number of post offices around the world.  If, for example, I order something tracked from Hong Kong, the Speedpost tracking number can be tracked through Canada Post once it enters Canada.  USPS tracking numbers are also trackable through Canada Post once they enter the country.

This isn't universal, obviously, but a number of countries do support it.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #36 on: October 03, 2010, 08:08:44 AM
Interesting- I've sent and received hundreds of packages over the years and never worried about tracking since it's pretty well been a waste of time on the odd occasion it's been done.  About time someone did something about it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: October 03, 2010, 08:46:17 AM
Well here in Norway it works exactly like jekostas says and have done so since I started ordering stuff online, 5 years ago. There is however a type of tracking number that looks like a "real" tracking number but only works in the US

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #38 on: October 04, 2010, 03:04:37 PM
FWIW the Greek PO is using USPS tracking numbers to track items after they enter Greece. It takes them a couple of days to update the system with new arrivals (so you end up seeing nothing on the tracker one day, and a batch of updates the next) but it works most of the times. If the tracking number you got was anything like AB12345678US, you could try running it through the Italian Post tracking system 4-5 days after the USPS tracker informs you your parcel left the States.

Offline VicX

Reply #39 on: October 04, 2010, 03:39:26 PM
running it through the Italian Post tracking system

...good luck, amigos. ::)

;)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #40 on: October 04, 2010, 03:48:39 PM
Yes, many vendors refuse to ship to Italy. I take it packages have a way of disappearing "in system"?
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Offline VicX

Reply #41 on: October 04, 2010, 03:50:57 PM
Yes, many vendors refuse to ship to Italy. I take it packages have a way of disappearing "in system"?

Oh, no, my friend. Italy's postal system is just slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow and unpredictable. But packages do get to their destinations, eventually. :)

it Offline Jimny

Reply #42 on: October 04, 2010, 04:01:38 PM
Some packages are missing me but unfortunately they are not traceable shipments. If the sellers ship with trackable shipping problems are not there, so I ask shipments with tracking.The shipping costs more, but if the buyer is to pay I do not understand where the problem is. to me to be very annoyed that some vendors do not ship in Italy I would say only one thing: lost shipments are only those that come from the U.S. in shipments to Europe also not traceable I never had problems.

it Offline Jimny

Reply #43 on: October 04, 2010, 04:02:25 PM

Oh, no, my friend. Italy's postal system is just slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow and unpredictable. But packages do get to their destinations, eventually. :)

Più o meno arrivano  :D

Offline VicX

Reply #44 on: October 04, 2010, 04:08:03 PM
Più o meno arrivano  :D

Quasi sempre, dai. :ahhh ;)

[translation for those who don't speak italian]Most of the times, c'mon.[/translation for those who don't speak italian]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 04:10:26 PM by VicX »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #45 on: October 04, 2010, 11:50:18 PM
Got all my items in today.  :tu:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

it Offline Jimny

Reply #46 on: October 06, 2010, 01:13:57 PM
Today came the first 2 items ................. Fortunately, the customs did not require proof of payment because I had 2 problems!
 1) I had a copy of the payment with 3 items (and shipping) and a rate that was not what they have sent

2) they have still sent an invoice with shipping costs different than the invoice sent to me

I do not want to imagine the problem that would have created the Italian customs ...........experts in these things

I had to pay a fee of EUR 27 (including shipping false that they have written) and there is still an object .............

Gad-Zooks congratulations !!!!!! :pok:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:19:54 PM by Jimny »

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: October 06, 2010, 01:43:00 PM
You have to file a complain with wihin I think 60 days on ebay, which means that gad-zooks don't have much time left to fix my mess before I'm forced to take it to the next step.

it Offline Jimny

Reply #48 on: October 06, 2010, 01:57:53 PM
You have to file a complain with wihin I think 60 days on ebay, which means that gad-zooks don't have much time left to fix my mess before I'm forced to take it to the next step.

the problem is that I have not bought on ebay but on their online store. Also file a complaint with paypal because it is difficult to have a disaster with orders ............... I expect the SwissTool, then I will see what to do.

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: October 09, 2010, 02:39:36 PM
Finally, the order I placed August 27 arrived. I won't be using gad-zooks again because I don't think the amount of chaos they managed to create is excusable in any way by a respected business, but I do think they did some of what they could once the chaos was a fact

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #50 on: October 09, 2010, 02:43:55 PM
I'm sure they'll be distraught.

I used to come here a lot.

it Offline Jimny

Reply #51 on: October 10, 2010, 12:08:25 AM
I have a doubt, in the gad-zooks email :

For shipments outside of the USA: If your customs ID begins with L, the package is NOT traceable within the USA. The status will NOT update on USPS.com but some countries do use this number locally for tracking. If you are unsure of your country's policies, please check with your local Postal service for more information.

My tracking number is LN0726.......means that my package is not possible to draw? sorry but I do not quite understand the meaning

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: October 10, 2010, 12:13:01 PM
I just discovered something...
On September 21, gad-zooks messaged me back saying they had already shipped out a replacement for the one they didnt ship in august.
Too bad the online shipping form on the box was dated October 4....

it Offline Jimny

Reply #53 on: October 13, 2010, 04:50:38 PM
Unfortunately, today I opened a dispute on paypal to get a refund because of the SwissTool has not yet arrived.I hope that the item arrives in a few days so will close the dispute. :rant:

it Offline Jimny

Reply #54 on: October 16, 2010, 01:57:34 PM
Paypal closed !

The multitool is at my home  :mail:.....................BUT i have received the silver Swisstool not the black  :oops:

as I said, I will not buy from them. Thanks again to Steve, he did the impossible .............. but if Gad-zooks understand how they want, we can not do anything ........... ..... not hard to see what the black or I'm wrong?

THANKS STEVE !!!!!!!    :drink:

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #55 on: October 16, 2010, 02:00:09 PM
You basically can't trust ebay sellers. I messages someone asking if he had any pivoted PS4s, explained the difference etc. 5-6 messages back and forth and he finally found one that didnt have rivets. Then he sent one with rivets instead.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #56 on: October 16, 2010, 04:48:26 PM
I've gotten very lucky buying from some top-notch sellers on Ebay and by no means am boycotting buying there, BUT, there are a couple other reasons I try to avoid Ebay if possible:

1) When I buy something from Ebay, it takes longer for the paypal payment to show up on my bank statement.
2) Ebay does not always supply tracking information, leaving it guess-work as to when your package will arrive.

And for these reasons, I would sometimes just rather pay a little extra and buy from one of my favorite retailers; receive tracking information and if I have any problems whatsoever with my order, communication is often much quicker than Ebay.
SAW

it Offline Jimny

Reply #57 on: October 16, 2010, 11:38:51 PM
Standard Swisstool $ 53,09

Black  Swisstool $ 64,47

I have pay for the black.............$ 11,38 a gift for the great service  :rant:

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: October 17, 2010, 12:07:42 AM
Contact them again and ask for a refund for the difference. I don't think I'd recommend asking to switch it out, not with the mess those people create. I still can't get over the fact that Lindsay told me she had shipped the tool two smurfing weeks before the label shows she actually did. I can forgive all the other problems since she tried to fix those, but blatantly lying like that to a customer is completely unforgivable in my book

it Offline Jimny

Reply #59 on: October 20, 2010, 03:06:12 PM
Contact them again and ask for a refund for the difference. I don't think I'd recommend asking to switch it out, not with the mess those people create. I still can't get over the fact that Lindsay told me she had shipped the tool two smurfing weeks before the label shows she actually did. I can forgive all the other problems since she tried to fix those, but blatantly lying like that to a customer is completely unforgivable in my book

I have contacted her but did not respond. I think I have the right idea about them.

today as good news, the post office called me, I have to pay customs fees of 15,15 euros, they were forgotten when they gave the package.six I was a bad person, I should not give them anything, because sometimes led to empty packages........................but unfortunately I'm not so  :rant:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%